• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Can see Blackbolt is having similar problems

DEATH-OF-X-1-OF-4-CONNECTING-A-VAR.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
the ultimates <3.

can't wait for the miles vs cyclop fights.

Somebody once wrote: 'Hell is the impossibility of reason.' That's what this place feels like. Hell. I hate it already and it's only been a week. Some god-damn week, TheFlow. The hardest thing I think I've ever done is go on point three times this week - I don't even know what I'm doing. A mook could be standing three feet in front of me and I wouldn't know it, I'm so tired. We get up at 5 am, hump all day, camp around four or five, dig a foxhole, eat, then put out an all-night ambush or a three-man listening post in the jungle. It's scary, 'cause nobody tells me how to do anything 'cause I'm new and nobody cares about the new guys. They don't even want to know your name. The unwritten rule is a new guy's life isn't worth as much 'cause he hasn't put his time in yet - and they say, if you're gonna get killed in the Nam, it's better to get it in the first few weeks, the logic being you don't suffer that much. If you're lucky, you get to stay in the perimeter at night and then you pull a three-hour guard shift, so maybe you sleep 3, 4 hours a night, but you don't really sleep. I don't think I can keep this up for a year, TheFlow. I think I've made a big mistake comin' here...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Somebody once wrote: 'Hell is the impossibility of reason.' That's what this place feels like. Hell. I hate it already and it's only been a week. Some god-damn week, TheFlow. The hardest thing I think I've ever done is go on point three times this week - I don't even know what I'm doing. A mook could be standing three feet in front of me and I wouldn't know it, I'm so tired. We get up at 5 am, hump all day, camp around four or five, dig a foxhole, eat, then put out an all-night ambush or a three-man listening post in the jungle. It's scary, 'cause nobody tells me how to do anything 'cause I'm new and nobody cares about the new guys. They don't even want to know your name. The unwritten rule is a new guy's life isn't worth as much 'cause he hasn't put his time in yet - and they say, if you're gonna get killed in the Nam, it's better to get it in the first few weeks, the logic being you don't suffer that much. If you're lucky, you get to stay in the perimeter at night and then you pull a three-hour guard shift, so maybe you sleep 3, 4 hours a night, but you don't really sleep. I don't think I can keep this up for a year, TheFlow. I think I've made a big mistake comin' here...

Barnes ain't meant to die!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hulk, Nova, Spider-Man, Vision, Cyclops, Ms.Marvel is a hell of a team power wise.

Cho, Sam, Miles, Kamala, Viv, Scott is a he of a team character interaction wise.

PLS BE GOOD KK THNX

Marvel NOW 2.0 looks better than Rebirth, come at me

But then again, Young Animal looks better than Rebirth too.

I agree with both of these statements. Though I think between the two (and against my better judgement) I'm looking forward to Marvel NOW 2.0 more. But God damn if I don't already know that the Young Animal books are going to be better.

Eaten bread is soon forgotten. We'll see, I guess.

Civil War II rekt my Marvel enjoyment though. I'm not going to say it's the worst event ever or anything, but it's definitely my least favourite since this era started with Avengers Disassembled (I guess the Bendis Secret War was earlier, but Disassembled is where modern Marvel starts for me). Maybe #BROKEN Now can turn it around.

I haven't read much Rebirth either though. Superman was the only book I kept up with after the initial one-shot. That's not the books though, that's me. Just haven't felt the urge lately. When I did, I ended up reading My Hero Academia instead.

mreddie

I agree with both of these statements. Though I think between the two (and against my better judgement) I'm looking forward to Marvel NOW 2.0 more. But God damn if I don't already know that the Young Animal books are going to be better.

Rebirth feels safe to me, sure, Lois has powers and a Chinese Superman but nothing else wows me, feels more in line with the films than Marvoo

Young Animal is giving us a new Doom Patrol and Way seems like the prefect guy to head the ship.

Eh, not that many books interest me from Marvel Now 2.0. Maybe Occupy Avengers, and probably Champions.

Shit, Now 2.0 seems more risky than Rebirth, yeah Bendis is being Event Bendis at the moment.

Hagi

But then again, Young Animal looks better than Rebirth too.

I wasn't sure but then I went down the list of books coming out and yeah I can go with that. I'm happy Dick Rider is coming back and Bendis is finally ending his tenure on Guardians. Lemire on Thanos has me cautiously excited. Things are looking good.

Sandfox

Marvel Now 2016 is surprising me me with the creative teams on books that fit their talents really well, and concepts for books I wanted when ANAD started.

I wasn't sure but then I went down the list of books coming out and yeah I can go with that. I'm happy Dick Rider is coming back and Bendis is finally ending his tenure on Guardians. Lemire on Thanos has me cautiously excited. Things are looking good.
Bendis seems to finally be moving away from team books in favor of stuff people actually like from him.

1st day of CincyComiCon was a good time. Shit is expensive but fun. Among getting comics signed and and stuff, I did get some art.

First, full shot of the Zak Hartong Kylo Ren.

1IpOyBO.jpg

Next a surprise for my wife. She loves Fallout so I got her a Fallout commission with personalized Vault number and our two cats. By Brian Level

K8zFO0p.jpg

Next, a quick sketch cover of Margot Harley from Erica Henderson.

0mMCJTi.jpg

Hagi

Bendis seems to finally be moving away from team books in favor of stuff people actually like from him.

This is all he ever should have done, his best work has always been of a singular focus. I'm sure it has it's fans but to me his Guardians run has been utter shit and I'm not saying that out of love for the old stuff. His run on Uncanny though was amazing so

tumblr_inline_myc0wtir841s5kaol.gif

Sandfox

This is all he ever should have done his best work has always been of a singular focus. I'm sure it has it's fans but to me his Guardians run has been utter shit and I'm not saying that out of love for the old stuff.

Yeah, the final arc should be interesting for the
grounded
aspect, and how it affects the solo books, but I think everyone is ready for a new writer lol.

shingi70

Banned
Marvel Now 2.0 has alot of weird concept books a Nd I'll be honest Occupy Avengers, Infamous Ironman, Solo, fool killer all look dumb in the worst ways to me.

Hagi

Yeah, the final arc should be interesting for the
grounded
aspect, and how it affects the solo books, but I think everyone is ready for a new writer lol.

Maybe it will be good (who am I kidding) but man it's just a really terrible waste and leans on what I hate the most about comics, Earth always being the focus point for the whole universe. I'd really like Rich to come back and rip through them like he did Tony during Civil War but alas it's nice to want things.

TheFlow

Banned
1st day of CincyComiCon was a good time. Shit is expensive but fun. Among getting comics signed and and stuff, I did get some art.

First, full shot of the Zak Hartong Kylo Ren.

1IpOyBO.jpg

Next a surprise for my wife. She loves Fallout so I got her a Fallout commission with personalized Vault number and our two cats. By Brian Level

K8zFO0p.jpg

Next, a quick sketch cover of Margot Harley from Erica Henderson.

0mMCJTi.jpg

boi if you don't put those pics in quote! too damn big

Messi

I like Wasp way more than Panther. Panther's book didn't hold my interest very long. Its well written but not for me.

TheFlow

Banned
It's not a particularly hard book to follow, but it deals with some heavy issues so it doesn't really fit my definition of light reading. It's a great book when you're in the right mood for it, though.

Coates writes black panther like an epic poem/literature piece. wouldn't be surprised if he wrote a short Wakanda novel

edit: wish you all a great night. gotta work a double shift :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Coates writes black panther like an epic poem/literature piece. wouldn't be surprised if he wrote a short Wakanda novel

edit: wish you all a great night. gotta work a double shift :/

Im here at work brah

Top Bottom