• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Thats the ones with book fair at the schools right? I've never seen that squirrel girl crap there but I got Lumberjanes and some plants vs zombies comics at those. And some cool Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman in school book.
B-b-but Squirrel Girl is an awesome book.

New subject: What's the best What If? issue in your opinion?

My top five would be:
What if Elektra had lived?
What if the Annihilation Wave reached Earth?
What if the New Fantastic Four had remained a team?
What if Gwen Stacy had lived?
What if Spider-Man had joined the Fantastic Four? (the first ever one, and they came back to this one a few times, it also showed up in Exiles)

The issue that introduced Mayday Parker (#105, I think?), What If? #100 and What If Venom possessed the Punisher? are all good as well.

My top five would be:
What if Elektra had lived?
What if the Annihilation Wave reached Earth?
What if the New Fantastic Four had remained a team?
What if Gwen Stacy had lived?
What if Spider-Man had joined the Fantastic Four? (the first ever one, and they came back to this one a few times, it also showed up in Exiles)

The issue that introduced Mayday Parker (#105, I think?), What If? #100 and What If Venom possessed the Punisher? are all good as well.

I love that Mayday one. Oh shit I hope it didnt get thrown out with my Spidergirls last year.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Kill or be Killed #2. 4/5 Good story, pacing, flashbacks were cool. Layouts for the stalking bits were nice. Overall, good read, looking froward to seeing where this goes... I hope, though, that it isn't just stalking the next kill in every issue.

I'm trying to think of one but its hard. I know I read What if Xmen lost Inferno a bunch of times. I think I liked when they went kind of horror in the 90s i think. Well i liked a few of them.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Glitterbomb #1: 3/5 Good setup, but that's it really. Kinda getting sick of the present/flashback/present format in some of these Image books.

Doctor Strange #11: 3/5 Good story, but as much as I think Bachalo is shit at hands, this issue suffered in the art department.

Day 2 of CincyComiCon.

I'll explain everything then just quote wrap all the images.

Annie Wu Poison Ivy, Eduardo Risso Joker, Ming Doyle print, Jenny Frison print.

t1ijiM3.jpg

QaNRt7s.jpg

IvVgRr1.jpg

z7YxFgY.jpg

You should eat it and give her a comic book instead.
She has grown out of that age and isn't in the sweet spot to restart reading yet. I remember how when she was 10-14 I used to give her a Donald Duck pocketbook each month but now she's too busy studying for her first test in her first year at high school.

They seem to only do What Ifs? based around events these days, which kind of sucks. The last two were minis of oneshots based on Age of Ultron and Infinity.

I guess most of Secret Wars counts as well.

We'll probably get a Civil War II series down the road at some point. You could probably get a lot of mileage just out of killing different people during the initial Thanos attack. It wouldn't even have to be someone who was there in the actual story. Maybe the premonition was different and somebody else shows up and then dies?

Slayven

They seem to only do What Ifs? based around events these days, which kind of sucks. The last two were minis of oneshots based on Age of Ultron and Infinity.

I guess most of Secret Wars counts as well.

We'll probably get a Civil War II series down the road at some point. You could probably get a lot of mileage just out of killing different people during the initial Thanos attack. It wouldn't even have to be someone who was there in the actual story. Maybe the premonition was different and somebody else shows up and then dies?

Yeah before those the last what if i remember was Planet Hulk about Ceira coming to earth instead of Hulk. They should at least do a big anthology book once in a while.

She has grown out of that age and isn't in the sweet spot to restart reading yet. I remember how when she was 10-14 I used to give her a Donald Duck pocketbook each month but now she's too busy studying for her first test in her first year at high school.

High School being too old to read comics? Bollocks.

nah like how they would be the first super team like the avengers were

Marvel won't do a team book unless they can somehow shoehorn mutants or Avengers into it.

What if... Captain Marvel was less of a Bitch?

Owzers

Was anyone planning on buying a bunch of Invincible during the cmx sale but hasn't yet? My coupons expire on the 18th and i am debating letting go of maybe the smaller one? I dunno, but i might as well ask now then not.

Messi

You have to save some money for Magik commissions, tho. Not even joking.

Would you believe I almost commissioned someone to do her today. But picked Harley instead.

--

Sejic posted about Top Cow. Those of you who were hoping he would leave look away:

why i'm never leaving top cow?

well, one day i said, listen, i have this adult oriented erotic romance i'd like to publish. trust me it's good

and they trusted me :)

Messi

You should have. Magik is great.

Why would he leave? They've been good to him. And isn't he like their Bendis anyway?

Wanna know who it was?
Mirka Andolfo one of the main artists on Bombshells she does an amazing Harley but her magik is also dope.

Pretty much. I did think it was pretty obvious he wouldn't leave. They have supported him and his wife when they needed it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what is everyone up to today? just got me some ipa beers

trying not to die from this heat while finally taking care of myself:
-renewed my license that's been expired for a year
-updated my voter registration to my new apt
-went to the doctor to get checked out

i feel productive. going to eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of expensive whisky tonight to pat myself on the back.

TheFlow

Banned
trying not to die from this heat while finally taking care of myself:
-renewed my license that's been expired for a year
-updated my voter registration to my new apt
-went to the doctor to get checked out

i feel productive. going to eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of expensive whisky tonight to pat myself on the back.

now this is some grown up shit.

Top Bottom