• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

TheFlow

Banned
lazing about until I work in a few hours

FAGaH7C.gif

this gif is so fucking amazing because I am a fan of the show

- Bought car insurance
- Went to an auto-body shop to take out some rusted screws to change my plates
- Bought an Xbox Elite controller for some reason
lol that is one way to do it

I am excited to fully use the controller for Destiny, Gears 4, Infinite Warfare, and COD 4. The domed thumbsticks are improving my game. The paddles are hit and miss. I wanna better utilize them.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I am excited to fully use the controller for Destiny, Gears 4, Infinite Warfare, and COD 4. The domed thumbsticks are improving my game. The paddles are hit and miss. I wanna better utilize them.

It takes some fiddling to figure out what to map the paddles to for each game, but once you get that down, it feels oh so good.

I did some laundry while playing Witcher 2 (my first time, thanks Xbox Games for Gold!), then got fitted for my outfit for my friends wedding next month. I'm gonna usher the shit out of that wedding.

As in be a good usher, not do a good impression of American R&B sensation Usher Raymond.

Vision first, dude.

Haha I started Omega Men but vision is probably next man, only went with omega men first as it's a complete work!

what is everyone up to today? just got me some ipa beers

Those ipa beers fuuuck you up man, too strong for me, I'm a lightweight these days.I meant to have a quiet day reading but I ended up going to see some friends play a free gig, got fucked up and watched boxing, which was so meeeeh, boxing is so boring but had a good time catching up with people anyway.

Also as mentioned I started omega men the first three issues, and really liked what I read!

I had to google CrossGen and saw a bunch of 90s looking comics released in the early 2000s.
Crossgen was really cool. They were trying a lot of cool things and also some benefits for their creators too. It's a shame it didn't last.

Top tier book for me was Ruse. Waid wrote a very fun Sherlock Holmes book

Malyse

I read the first issue when it came out and lost track of the series after that.

It's the exact amount of what the fuck is even happening insanity that most appeals to my aesthetic. And I love the art. I totes get losing track of it. I didn't even know action lab was a thing until like three days ago.

-----

Thoughts:

Hayley Kiyoko as Nico Minoru
Eiza Gonzalez as America Chavez
Mae Whitman as Doreen Green
Christina Hendricks as Queen Medusa
Millie Bobby Brown as Molly Hayes
Avery Brooks as Geoffrey Wilder

------

Just finished Angela AA and QoH. Damn fine books. I want more of them and especially Leah. Leah is great. They did the best job of working the Secret Wars tie in into continuity. And Jane?Thor continues to be a fantastic cameo. In everything.

Messi

It's the exact amount of what the fuck is even happening insanity that most appeals to my aesthetic. And I love the art. I totes get losing track of it. I didn't even know action lab was a thing until like three days ago.

-----

Thoughts:

Hayley Kiyoko as Nico Minoru
Eiza Gonzalez as America Chavez
Mae Whitman as Doreen Green
Christina Hendricks as Queen Medusa
Millie Bobby Brown as Molly Hayes
Avery Brooks as Geoffrey Wilder

------

Just finished Angela AA and QoH. Damn fine books. I want more of them and especially Leah. Leah is great. They did the best job of working the Secret Wars tie in into continuity. And Jane?Thor continues to be a fantastic cameo. In everything.

Well too bad. Marvel doesn't give a fuck what Angela fans want.

Messi

So do we know who's doing the October OT or will ComicGAF just cease to exist?

Freeza. We will do it. We can add more girly hijinks. Kissing. Olivia wilde. Overwatch waifu pairings (should it be junkrat x Mei or Mei x Zarya) Less artsy stuff and no Morrison. Let's do it.

Paper Girls, #6
[5/5]: Everything is finally starting to connect and this seems like a
pretty unique take on time travel. But the comic continues to be full of surprises, the reveal of future Erin has thrown me for a loop.

Paper Girls, #7

[5/5]: Vaughan does some pretty great character building here and his dialogue continues to be top notch.
The bond between the two Erin's is quite touching despite the time-travel aspect of it and the leukaemia reveal in the last page was handled really well.

Paper Girls, #8
[5/5]: This comic continues to drop more crazy twists.
I'm not even sure I want to guess who the hockey stick message is talking about as I have my doubts that the answer is simple and doesn't just end in another twist.
Paper Girls, #9
[5/5]:
The choice between the two Erins is interesting, especially given that the whole comic seems to be a battle between old-timers and teenagers. Given that, how much older Erin seems more likable then clone Erin and the hockey stick message, it seems to me that the teenager faction is up to no good.

Paper Girls is amazing.

Top Bottom