• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Sandfox

But will comics even still exist next month?

image.php

They were so easy to deal with but people complained and now the character may as well not exist.

That's why Blizzard is fucking trash at balancing a shooter. Because they listen to people without actually thinking if the complaints have any rational basis.

Also, check your PMs.

Black Monday Murders, The #1
[5/5]: Hickman has quite a fascinating premise on his hand and I find his stylistic tendencies work quite well here. The bits of info. scattered throughout the chapter are great and really add to the atmosphere of the story alongside the lovely art. I actually would not have realized the entire thing is based on magical schools had I not read the synopsis before hand.

How's the 2006 Moon Knight run? By Charlie Huston? I want to read more Moon Knight, and when I envision Moon Knight, I envision David Finch's art from that run. I remember breezing over an issue back when it was ongoing and I recall the art really sticking in my head.
Is Mei even wearing any pants in that picture?

She only appears to be wearing glasses, a hairpin, and a very shredded tanktop. I assume the sex is occurring on top of corpses.

Donnie, that's a nice haul. I can't wait until my copy of Omega Men arrives.

I don't think you'll be disappointed man. So far it reads like a real comic book, if that makes sense. Usually I've got my superhero comics and then my real comics haha just because by nature big two books are a bit less impactful, maybe the writer doesn't have any real themes in mind etc it's just a fun book using a property (nothing wrong with that mind you) but this feels very adult and real, and already there's a lot to contemplate. The writing style is interesting, use of repetition in different contexts to mean different things, a lot of obvious allegory to modern insurgency etc., definitely feels like King has a real story to tell.

So do we know who's doing the October OT or will ComicGAF just cease to exist?

When comics ot runs out, everything ends.

Sandfox

Well I think I'm done with Snotgirl. Saga continues to be good in a unique way, while Paper Girls is starting to pull me back in after feeling meh about the previous issue or two.

Tizoc

What's a good iPad for reading digital comics on? I know some have brought a few up in the threads but I forgot the models :p

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good iPad for reading digital comics on? I know some have brought a few up in the threads but I forgot the models :p

The 12 inch iPad Pro turns all of your digital comics into oversize hardcovers, which is great, but comes at a higher price point. But basically any iPad is good. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that other people with Android tablets like their options as well.

Tizoc

The 12 inch iPad Pro turns all of your digital comics into oversize hardcovers, which is great, but comes at a higher price point. But basically any iPad is good. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that other people with Android tablets like their options as well.

mY COUsin has one of those. I'd get one and fill it with my fav. Comics and Mangos
Will look into ones sold in shops over here. Thanks for the rec.

Was anyone planning on buying a bunch of Invincible during the cmx sale but hasn't yet? My coupons expire on the 18th and i am debating letting go of maybe the smaller one? I dunno, but i might as well ask now then not.
I think I'm the only one here who expressed an interest in buying a bunch of Invincible now instead of waiting for the Christmas or ending sale.
I am curious, are Comics fun ln a iPad Mini? Are more interested in a iPad mini tbh
Yeah, they're fun on it and it's light so bringing it with me to college to write on+read while waiting on things to start is nice.

@Sejic: I'm happy for them but I do miss his covers and variants.

Owzers

I think I'm the only one here who expressed an interest in buying a bunch of Invincible now instead of waiting for the Christmas or ending sale.

Yeah, they're fun on it and it's light so bringing it with me to college to write on+read while waiting on things to start is nice.

@Sejic: I'm happy for them but I do miss his covers and variants.
I will find a coupon and pm you.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Black Monday Murders, The #1
[5/5]: Hickman has quite a fascinating premise on his hand and I find his stylistic tendencies work quite well here. The bits of info. scattered throughout the chapter are great and really add to the atmosphere of the story alongside the lovely art. I actually would not have realized the entire thing is based on magical schools had I not read the synopsis before hand.

Nice review. I am a huge fan of this book.

Keep it down. I'm pretty hung over...

Gonna read vol 1 of Sex Criminals today. Art is a bit, eh.

What were you drinking?

Only thing so far about omega men is issue 4's art, that's a bit of a bummer in the final collection. It's not terrible but just standing out so much against Bagenda's. I liked some of the big spreads though. What issue was it *cancelled*/did it take a break at the time?

Yeah, he looked awful. Are his comics that bad?

The way he literally just ran into that takedown. Plus using the cage, embarrassing for the ufc. The main event was great though. Wtf was going on in the wedum fight. I thought I was watching Bellator for the moment.

Onto Omega Men #10 now. Original plan was just to read three issues a day but I can't put it down. This feels like it's going to be one of those true evergreen graphic novels.

Top Bottom