• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Malyse

Champions_1_Anka_Third_Eye_Comics_Variant.jpg

:D

You know, I'm fully expecting Sam to be the least used member on that team. Him, Viv and Tyke are also the only ones without their own solo books so if Waid is going to do any "shocking" deaths or something else they're the main targets.

Tyke?

Oh.....OH now I get it. Hehheh.

Finished Omega Men. Read the first issue of the vision. Damn, King can really write. He could be writing anything, reading his stuff is kind of enchanting, the way it should be with a good writer. I had no sort of similar impression with Grayson, I can only imagine Seeley was doing the heavy work on the actual scripting.

Is the robin war hc worth picking up? Both in it sown right as a story (I understand it has many fingers in the pie though) and also, are any of the Rebirth bat books given any significant direction out of it?

Really need to get that first volume of sheriff of babylon I can only imagine e how that is

Messi

Finished Omega Men. Read the first issue of the vision. Damn, King can really write. He could be writing anything, reading his stuff is kind of enchanting, the way it should be with a good writer. I had no sort of similar impression with Grayson, I can only imagine Seeley was doing the heavy work on the actual scripting.

Is the robin war hc worth picking up? Both in it sown right as a story (I understand it has many fingers in the pie though) and also, are any of the Rebirth bat books given any significant direction out of it?

Really need to get that first volume of sheriff of babylon I can only imagine e how that is

Grim reading. But great.

It's so damn weird. I'm caught up on Vision and it's still hard for me to believe that King is writng Batman as well.

The quality gulf between Batman and Vision is massive.

It's so damn weird. I'm caught up on Vision and it's still hard for me to believe that King is writng Batman as well.

The quality gulf between Batman and Vision is massive.

I was hunting for interviews early that he has done after omega men finished, just interested in his take on the series, what he wanted people to take from it etc, and in one I found he explicitly said he was writing batman as a superhero action movie oppose to his other works. I did hope that wouldn't mean dumbed down or almost intentionally without his voice but with some things you guys have said about batman. ..

Still awhile before I can judge that book for myself unfortunately

How's the 2006 Moon Knight run? By Charlie Huston? I want to read more Moon Knight, and when I envision Moon Knight, I envision David Finch's art from that run. I remember breezing over an issue back when it was ongoing and I recall the art really sticking in my head.

Team needs Wasp.
And Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider

Malyse

Team needs Wasp.

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT IT DOES.

Wasp and Leah from Hel are my two wanted additions to this (best) team.
And maybe Lunella. And kick Amadeus.
You know, I'm fully expecting Sam to be the least used member on that team. Him, Viv and Tyke are also the only ones without their own solo books so if Waid is going to do any "shocking" deaths or something else they're the main targets.

Killing Tyke would fux the timeline (again). In ANX, Terrorist!Cyclops faded from existence when Tykelops got knocked out, so killing him outright would be something else.

It's gonna happen, isn't it.

I was hunting for interviews early that he has done after omega men finished, just interested in his take on the series, what he wanted people to take from it etc, and in one I found he explicitly said he was writing batman as a superhero action movie oppose to his other works. I did hope that wouldn't mean dumbed down or almost intentionally without his voice but with some things you guys have said about batman. ..

Still awhile before I can judge that book for myself unfortunately

Thats disappointing. We have plenty of comics that emulate the super hero action movie, we don't need anymore.

Thats disappointing. We have plenty of comics that emulate the super hero action movie, we don't need anymore.

Haha maybe. If it's written well then I'm open to it, will just have to see, I'll definitely pick up the first volume off the back of these. I dig yur sentiment though, especially when previous writers haven't been afraid to go there with Batman ie. Morrison. If that's what he wants to write though ha

I'm actually really enjoying the Inhumans books? I mean, I read more Inhumans that mutants right now?

Sure, I was more complimenting Tom King, not particularly judging Soule and definitely not judging anyone's reading habits. His stuff could be great for all I know, I don't read them. But I think it's fair to say regardless of quality, Marvel's sustained push hasn't worked out the way they probably wanted it to. In that respect though, who knows if any other writer could have blow them up that big over night, hard to say. Reading omega men though, I can see a take in there off him that could have been awesome. Still might be one day, who knows.

TheFlow

Banned
How's the 2006 Moon Knight run? By Charlie Huston? I want to read more Moon Knight, and when I envision Moon Knight, I envision David Finch's art from that run. I remember breezing over an issue back when it was ongoing and I recall the art really sticking in my head.

And Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider
Now this is something I cans get behind. Robbie on a team will give him a bigger push

Probably not.

I have the trade with that issue. The issues afterwards with May finding out about Peter being Spider-Man are some of my favourites.
The issue actually came right between her finding out(the final pages of #476) and her dealing with it and talking to Peter etc(#478+). What a cliffhanger to leave the story on while the filler/special issue was released around Christmas.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont like how every get hung up because of the one Panel with Doom. Its clearly not a real superhero issue and doesnt want to have someone act in universe or something like this. Who cares if the 08/15 Doom from a Marvel book would rather laugh then cry about the incidents. Its about something different, standing together and this.

Great issue IMO.

Remember that Sunstone vol. 5 is out that month on CMX which is probably Top Cow's most important release this year.

I'm thinking about posting a thread about Amazing Spider-Man #477 due to the date. Should I?
God no. That issue pissed me off when I read it. What was JMS thinking? Just marvel trying to tackle it in continuity was a very poor decision

I did enjoy the 9/11 collections DC did. They had more time maybe to properly reflect. And not have Dr. doom freakin crying

Any of you guys have 4k tvs? I've been vaguely looking at things but it's miserable haha. Most sites have such poor search options I end up going through every set and going a little numb

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Any of you guys have 4k tvs? I've been vaguely looking at things but it's miserable haha. Most sites have such poor search options I end up going through every set and going a little numb
I have a great one.
TX-50DXW784 not sure about if the naming in UK is different, I just know that something else in the US.

Very great reviews @ 1200€ Follows the official 4K standard, can output HDR, etc

Top Bottom