• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Owzers

I don't care about the NFL at all this year, it feels like one giant NBA Eastern Conference, so many of these teams are awful. I get to choose between green bay/jaguars and baltimore/buffalo? Fun. At least the next game televised will be....the NYG and Cowboys. Might as well watch the Atlanta Hawks.

I don't care about the NFL at all this year, it feels like one giant NBA Eastern Conference, so many of these teams are awful. I get to choose between green bay/jaguars and baltimore/buffalo? Fun. At least the next game televised will be....the NYG and Cowboys. Might as well watch the Atlanta Hawks.

You changed your name (or you're actually a skrullymonkey)!

I should change my name.

Owzers

You changed your name (or you're actually a skrullymonkey)!

I should change my name.

Oh hey it went through. I ruined my introduction to this fine comic reading establishment and now i feel like i don't get a second chance.

I changed it to match my psn name so that Overwatch and future gaming threads are easier to join up with people. I hope this new name doesn't effect my ability to make the November OT.

Any of you guys have 4k tvs? I've been vaguely looking at things but it's miserable haha. Most sites have such poor search options I end up going through every set and going a little numb

Not yet. Shopping around, though. Wait a few months, because the prices are going to come down by Christmas. Also HDR sets are the way to go. You get much better color ranges on those.

As far as the current TVs on the market, LG is supposedly the best maker.

Goooo Cowboys!

And changing your username? Smh so sad

Read so many comics today!

I'm about a month behind(at least), but I spent a few hours yesterday and today trying to catch up.

Black Monday Murders #1
I've been putting this one off for a while now. It's thick, seemed really wordy, and would require a lot of my attention. Ended up coming away really intrigued, and will definitely be keeping it on my pull list.

Wonder Woman #4 and #5
I continue to love the Year One issues, and find the current timeline story decent-ish. Nicola Scott's work is so great(except for profiles, for some reason).

Gotham Academy Annual #1
I'm so glad Yearbook is over, and we're back to the Gotham Academy I love.

Snotgirl #2
Still really enjoying this. The artwork is so bright and full of color, and the story has kept me interested.

Nightwing #3
As much as I want to like Nightwing, I just don't care about this story. My pull list needs pruning, so I think I'm done with Dick ;P

Backstagers #1
My "support-it-cause-it's-gay" entry. It's cute and fun.

Supergirl: Rebirth #1 and Supergirl #1
The rebirth issue did nothing for me, and #1 was okay. I'll give it 2-3 or issues.

Horizon #2
I need to know more about this world if I'm going to keep reading this. So far it just feels like random scenes strewn together without any context. Makes it hard to care.

Papergirls #6, #7, and #8
It's still weird, but I like it.

Anyone want to know how well certain movies might do in Sweden next year? I just got the stats on how well they're expected to do thanks to my job up until Episode VIII if you're interested in what marketing and executives think movies will do.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Read so many comics today!

I'm about a month behind(at least), but I spent a few hours yesterday and today trying to catch up.

Black Monday Murders #1
I've been putting this one off for a while now. It's thick, seemed really wordy, and would require a lot of my attention. Ended up coming away really intrigued, and will definitely be keeping it on my pull list.

Nightwing #3
As much as I want to like Nightwing, I just don't care about this story. My pull list needs pruning, so I think I'm done with Dick ;P

Supergirl: Rebirth #1 and Supergirl #1
The rebirth issue did nothing for me, and #1 was okay. I'll give it 2-3 or issues.

Horizon #2
I need to know more about this world if I'm going to keep reading this. So far it just feels like random scenes strewn together without any context. Makes it hard to care.

Papergirls #6, #7, and #8
It's still weird, but I like it.

Give Nightwing a few more issues. And I agree about Horizon-- it's good but could be better. I'm going to start grabbing Paper Girls at #11 and buy the trades. Supergirl is great... what specifically didn't you like?

BMM, damn, it's soooo good.

Messi

Me and Freeza are the new thread making overlords and we will prevent Sillymonkey from getting what he wants. No Trump in our OTs

VanWinkle

In all of my years on GAF, I have never seen a person on a community thread I'm part of change their name, yet I've seen it three times on here in the last like six months. WHAT IS HAPPENING. And the avatar changes. The constant avatar changes. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL (messi)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
In all of my years on GAF, I have never seen a person on a community thread I'm part of change their name, yet I've seen it three times on here in the last like six months. WHAT IS HAPPENING. And the avatar changes. The constant avatar changes. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL
Its like last month when 90% of comicgaf celebrated birthday

Oh hey it went through. I ruined my introduction to this fine comic reading establishment and now i feel like i don't get a second chance.

I changed it to match my psn name so that Overwatch and future gaming threads are easier to join up with people. I hope this new name doesn't effect my ability to make the November OT.

This is all well and good but you're still a silly monkey.

In all of my years on GAF, I have never seen a person on a community thread I'm part of change their name, yet I've seen it three times on here in the last like six months. WHAT IS HAPPENING. And the avatar changes. The constant avatar changes. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL (messi)

We do what we want.

Trying to get Messi not to change avatars. LOL. You might as well tell the sun not to rise.

Owzers

We buy into relaunches.

Except apparently for mine in which retailers are refusing to acknowledge.

Me and Freeza are the new thread making overlords and we will prevent Sillymonkey from getting what he wants. No Trump in our OTs

There is no stopping Trump, our best chance just passed out from reading 5 comics in an hour. Best get on the right side of history before you draw his anger. Trump is going to devote the NSA to monitoring the internet for mentions of his name so he can judge if message boards are treating him fairly or not.

This is all well and good but you're still a silly monkey.

Seems reasonable.

Messi

I should change avatar since Nova won't be out for months and Sunstone is ending...

Let's see if I can find a Sejic piece to use.

We really should stop saying Sunstone is ending. This is madness. It's not ending it's just changing name for the next volume.

We really should stop saying Sunstone is ending. This is madness. It's not ending it's just changing name for the next volume.

It's like when The Real Ghostbusters changed to Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters.

In every sense.

We buy into relaunches.

Except apparently for mine in which retailers are refusing to acknowledge.

Sales are flagging. Clearly we haven't done enough events lately.

Give Nightwing a few more issues. And I agree about Horizon-- it's good but could be better. I'm going to start grabbing Paper Girls at #11 and buy the trades. Supergirl is great... what specifically didn't you like?

BMM, damn, it's soooo good.

I just checked my order history with the place I use and I have Nightwing preordered up to #7 so hopefully it will pick up.

It's hard to say what I didn't like about Supergirl. I don't think it's any specific thing. It just has no hook for me yet. It could just be my unfamiliarity with Kara. I did enjoy #1 more than the Rebirth issue so maybe it will continue to grow on me.

Not yet. Shopping around, though. Wait a few months, because the prices are going to come down by Christmas. Also HDR sets are the way to go. You get much better color ranges on those.

As far as the current TVs on the market, LG is supposedly the best maker.

Yea it's probably too close to starting Christmas shopping to buy one this year, but just starting to get an idea about what I want, Feb - march will be a better time to actually purchase.

Still blasting my way through the vision. I don't really have anything insightful or clever to say about, not yet, but I am extremely fascinated by the entire tone of the book, it's introspectiveness, the art is perfect. The whole thing is great.

sillymonkey changing is name is the final death knell for ComicsGAF

image.php

Hot damn, the ending to the vision #6! Really looking forward to seeing where the whole thing goes and how it ends. Tom King is definitely the real deal, I'm a believer now.

Obviously I haven't read the bat book but there is a big difference between having a fairly large amount of autonomy over lesser characters and being able to deliver a definitive take that has a beginning and end with, and something like Batman. Despite how good these have been, it wouldn't shock me to find him struggle, it's a different beast. Still looking forward do seeing myself anyway.

Owzers

Hillary has pneumonia, this would be like DC losing a month in sales to Marvel when Marvel has a full line of Gambit books, it's not happening folks. Prepare for Trump.

That should have been his campaign slogan.

#6 "P vs NP" is one of my favorite single issues ever. It was freaking awesome.

Definitely, I should of known as soon as I saw
the dog, it would die.
They always do in these stories. Drawn so well too!

Out of interest, Vision being in ANAD avengers, and going ahead, Vision in Avengers/Viv in champions, is there any references in ANAD, or do they keep well away? I couldn't tell if the Giganto reference and they Tony appearance were crossover moments or totally self contained.

mreddie

Definitely, I should of known as soon as I saw
the dog, it would die.
They always do in these stories. Drawn so well too!

Out of interest, Vision being in ANAD avengers, and going ahead, Vision in Avengers/Viv in champions, is there any references in ANAD, or do they keep well away? I couldn't tell if the Giganto reference and they Tony appearance were crossover moments or totally self contained.

Dunno where I seen it but ANAD Avengers first arc is the earliest in the ANAD timeline.

King should've been on a Green Lantern book rather than Batman.

The only problem there is while he's the most obvious choice after Omega Men, that really is the definitive take from him. By telling a complete tale that drilled right to Rayner's core (and much more) and had a definitive end, it would be hard to follow up with just regular lantern stuff. If he was to do more, I'd love a 12 issue maxi series, same art team. It would need to be a different take some how though. Omega Men technically has plot threads but they are very much about
the perpetual nature of the book's ideas
, not really true plot threads to follow up on. It's a difficult one. I'd buy it though, no doubt.

Dunno where I seen it but ANAD Avengers first arc is the earliest in the ANAD timeline.

Oh cool, so it's prior to his little washington experiment

Top Bottom