• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Ross61

Does Jim Palmiotti ever write by himself? Every thing I read by him he's only co-written it. But him and Justin Gray are a power duo. Hope they work together again.

mreddie

Ghost Rider is like SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

c7jofc7otblx.jpg

Hagi

That's some lazy ass poster they must have forgot to add Ghost Rider the first time before screaming at the intern to overlay a skull and fade it. I'll never not think it's weird that they are introducing him in Shield but hey maybe it'll be alright. They should have went with the helmet though instead of generic burning skull.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Sex Criminals TPB #1: Eh. Very Morrisonesque, but without all the truly strange happenings. Doubt I will continue with it...

Damn, Master of Kung Fu v2 is delayed again. What is Marvel doing?! All the releases were nicely spread over a few weeks and now the Dr.Strange Omnibus, Usagi Yojimbo Saga v7 and MOKF v3 might all come out the same week. -_-

Boogiepop

Made it through the first four issues/arc of Simonson Thor, and I really enjoyed that. I'm actually kind of surprised to see that Beta Ray Bill came from a legitimately great first story, as he always felt like the kind of character that would've popped up in some weird old as hell one-off way back in the day, and then get revived and become a fan favorite down the line. Also, I did not know that horse-face alien was not his natural form nor the look of the people. When's the last time he did that "change back to my natural form" thing, btw? Seems like the kind of thing that just got dropped over time...

Anyway, my only thing against the book so far is that it's a bit too much on the dense side for my tastes. Like, it's VERY text heavy for one, and then there's also a lot of subplots running through that didn't even get truly rolling just yet, which seems just a tad excessive. But still, really enjoying this, and looking forward to reading the rest.

I just had a cup of coffee at 10:30 at night, I don't have work tomorrow, it's the last night of my staycation. I might get crazy and stay up til 3 am and read tomorrow's comics at release.

I just had a cup of coffee at 10:30 at night, I don't have work tomorrow, it's the last night of my staycation. I might get crazy and stay up til 3 am and read tomorrow's comics at release.

Man, if I don't have to get up early, I regularly stay up until 4am. Freeza is totally a night owl.

Owzers

Civil War watched! realllllllllly good kinda sorta though i don't think the plot was substantial enough for multiple viewings outside of the action set-pieces. But at least it wasn't Ronan-dumb.

Civil War watched! realllllllllly good kinda sorta though i don't think the plot was substantial enough for multiple viewings outside of the action set-pieces. But at least it wasn't Ronan-dumb.

I'm going to watch it this weekend. It will be an event. Did you buy it or just PPV it?

Owzers

I'm going to watch it this weekend. It will be an event. Did you buy it or just PPV it?

I randomly woke up at 4am because my brain wanted me to see if it was available at Redbox and sure enough it was, so i rented it. I'll probably buy it eventually when it gets down to $15ish.

Duress

Watched the first two episodes of Supergirl, seems like they keep pushing that she's related to Superman. It gets annoying, when you want the show to kind of be it's own thing.

Owzers

Good luck waiting for Marvel movies to drop below $20.

My thinking is black friday or a used gamefly sale. I'm finding that i don't really rewatch movies so i can wait. I still haven't watched my blu ray day one purchase of Force Awakens after having seen it when it released in theater.

The All-New volumes are all around 270 or so pages each (and volume 3 has three issues of GotG), while Uncanny 1 is 384 pages and Uncanny 2 is almost 500 pages.
I'm just curious as to why there is so much more ANXM than UXM. Like, why they did that. The Trial of Jean Grey being included.
510Z3duQ0-L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This was a fun story.
Didn't know it existed. I'll look into it.
Ghost Rider is like SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
I'm super excited. I don't give a fuck. I've been re-watching Angel, and I'm watching the S4 episode "Peace Out", which has bad green screen and PS1 tier CG.

I'm prepared.
Oh my God I love this Harley Quinn thing Alexa Bliss has going.

tumblr_oddcmw4omA1vbtjf6o1_250.gif
If there were ever a woman to marry...
WB lawyers are probably itching for that phonecall to go to work.
FOX didn't sue over Cody Rhodes dressing as Mr. Sinister.

VanWinkle

Just finished Cassandra Cain Batgirl Vol. 1. It was good. Writing was solid, art was not my style. Best issue was #12 by Dixon and Eaglesham. Dixon had a good voice for Batgirl that I don't think Puckett really understood. Puckett wrote her inner monologue as he would any other character. Dixon wrote her in a kind of simplistic get-to-the-point style that somebody who can't talk might think in. Regardless, Puckett is a good writer, and I enjoyed his stories. Worst issue was the annual #1. Hated it. IMO it was a bad way to end the trade. It felt nonsensical to me.

Will likely buy the second trade, but it is definitely going on the backburner.

VanWinkle

Edit: sorry for the double post

I'm just curious as to why there is so much more ANXM than UXM. Like, why they did that. The Trial of Jean Grey being included.

All I can think is, with it being the main X-Men title they wanted the OHCs more frequently? More money? Who knows.

Here's the contents of them:

ANXM Vol 1 - All-New X-Men 1-10
ANXM Vol 2 - All New X-Men 11-15, 18-21; X-Men : Gold 1
ANXM Vol 3 - All-New X-Men 22-30, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 11-13
ANXM Vol 4 - All-New X-Men 31-41

UXM Vol 1 - UNCANNY X-MEN 1-11, 14, 15.INH, 16-18
UXM Vol 2 (out in December) - UNCANNY X-MEN 19-35, 600, ANNUAL 1; ALL-NEW X-MEN ANNUAL 1

Ross61

Monster OST goes perfect with reading Batman, but the full ost is not on anything that can play while reading. Ugh. I really need playlist for comics.

Top Bottom