• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

All I can think is, with it being the main X-Men title they wanted the OHCs more frequently? More money? Who knows.

Here's the contents of them:

ANXM Vol 1 - All-New X-Men 1-10
ANXM Vol 2 - All New X-Men 11-15, 18-21; X-Men : Gold 1
ANXM Vol 3 - All-New X-Men 22-30, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 11-13
ANXM Vol 4 - All-New X-Men 31-41

UXM Vol 1 - UNCANNY X-MEN 1-11, 14, 15.INH, 16-18
UXM Vol 2 (out in December) - UNCANNY X-MEN 19-35, 600, ANNUAL 1; ALL-NEW X-MEN ANNUAL 1
X-Men: Gold #1?

VanWinkle

X-Men: Gold #1?

I don't even know what that is. Here's a picture of the credits:

kY71UOa.jpg

Aizo

Banned
Just read issue 9 of Uncanny X-Force. Will the relevance of Magneto asking for a hit or actions of Wolverine be clear later? Seems all very out of place.

Just read issue 9 of Uncanny X-Force. Will the relevance of Magneto asking for a hit or actions of Wolverine be clear later? Seems all very out of place.
Yes. It all comes around. That particular one is in a one-shot down the road. I assume it was an annual

Thinking of picking up a new tablet. I've been using a Asus Nexus 7 which is a 7 inch tablet.

I want to go bigger and fully enjoy my comics. Any recommendations?

Haha, guess I'm just looking for something cheaper.

Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab S is $220, which seems like a good choice.

I use a Galaxy Tab Pro and like it, I use it only for comics as well and the only problem I really have with it is wishing it had a bigger screen ratio or just a bigger screen for large double spreads. Ones with a lot of dialogue can't really be followed easily without zooming in. I want to be as lazy as possible with my reading.

I use a Galaxy Tab Pro and like it, I use it only for comics as well and the only problem I really have with it is wishing it had a bigger screen ratio or just a bigger screen for large double spreads. Ones with a lot of dialogue can't really be followed easily without zooming in. I want to be as lazy as possible with my reading.

You have the 10 inch or the 12 inch? The latter is tempting given that I can only find it or the iPad pro for that sort of screen size.

ElNarez

Banned
Flash is worth the price of admission if only to see Carmine Di Giandomenico do
those panels from Crisis. You know the ones.

You have the 10 inch or the 12 inch? The latter is tempting given that I can only find it or the iPad pro for that sort of screen size.

10, The size isn't so much the issue as the ratio. Single pages it works great to just look at it fullscreen, but the double pages annoy me. It's been the one thing making me think about getting an ipad. The screen just seems made for comic books.

10, The size isn't so much the issue as the ratio. Single pages it works great to just look at it fullscreen, but the double pages annoy me. It's been the one thing making me think about getting an ipad. The screen just seems made for comic books.

Gotcha. I'm leaning towards the galaxy tab S myself because of the OLED screen. But I'll probably be hunting one down for the next couple of hours to fininalize my choice.

I just can't justify paying the Apple premium.

Loved Tec #940!!!! Not for the amazing art, not for the fantastic story. I loved it because it's what makes superhero comics so great, it's a shared universe.

Detective Comics

Hype had me jump early and read this while at work. It was worth it.

Damn you.

One thing I have a problem with though
No fucking way Batman didn't know Tim was going to college.

arkon

Gotcha. I'm leaning towards the galaxy tab S myself because of the OLED screen. But I'll probably be hunting one down for the next couple of hours to fininalize my choice.

I just can't justify paying the Apple premium.

I use a galaxy tab s 10.5 and it's been great for what I wanted. I always say any tablet that supports the HD resolutions is adequate for just a comic reader

TheFlow

Banned
Doom Patrol #1

Hell yes! finally a worthy successor to Morrison's Doom Patrol. I have a feeling this book is going to go the distance. Way makes old fans feel at home while still making it feel new. There some are great stuff done in this issue that will definitely be talked about like. I am not going to even do spoiler tags. Just go out and read this. It lives up to the hype.

Note, the digital issue includes all the variant covers, and special preview of shade the changing girl, apparently it isn't a burrito but a gyro. The peel off is also included in the digital issue.

I think it is clever How they tied the cover of the issue with the story.

5/5 Doom Patrol is back

Owzers

I am buying the new Doom Patrol but haven't read the old Doom Patrol. I had bought all the old trades during gohastings sales, they are on my shelf, but i don't know what to do with them. How do you absorb their content to gain knowledge before starting the next series?

MU is also not working right, i was trying to get caught up to pleasant hill standoff by starting Uncanny Avengers but nope.

TheFlow

Banned
I am buying the new Doom Patrol but haven't read the old Doom Patrol. I had bought all the old trades during gohastings sales, they are on my shelf, but i don't know what to do with them. How do you absorb their content to gain knowledge before starting the next series?

MU is also not working right, i was trying to get caught up to pleasant hill standoff by starting Uncanny Avengers but nope.
this doom patrol isn't a direct sequel but more of a rehaul. You could read this with no prior knowledge whatsoever.

Top Bottom