• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

I have the summerflue (was 96 degrees until yesterday here) and I tend to have easy breakable blood vessels in my lung.
Its not life threatening, but its possible that if I am in bad luck that I spit blood when I cough.

Threw the Superwoman book away anyway, will reorder it since cleaning it up with wet cloth really didnt helpdd

Holy shit lol. Are you from the early 1900s? Have you heard of consumption?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's another name for tuberculosis.

So many comics read today. It's quite a good feeling.
SOunds like I have a thread that tells me to go to the ER. ^^

Nah, seriously, I am fine. Until I lose significant numbers of blood oral I have nothing to fear, but I kinda think that if I ever have, it will be to late anyway^^

SOunds like I have a thread that tells me to go to the ER. ^^

5155471-hit-by-a-car-spider-man-o.gif

Haha nah I'm sure you're fine, just kidding. Probably!

Hagi

Sometimes these hardcovers are heavy...and sometimes they happen to fall on people's heads. It happens...

You could straight up murder someone if you threw the Invisibles omnibus at them.

I have the summerflue (was 96 degrees until yesterday here) and I tend to have easy breakable blood vessels in my lung.
Its not life threatening, but its possible that if I am in bad luck that I spit blood when I cough.

Threw the Superwoman book away anyway, will reorder it since cleaning it up with wet cloth really didnt helpdd

That sucks, you should look into those paper face masks for situations like that.

Messi

Jesus Christ Valiant. What. You are a cat company? Fuckin disgusting.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/valiant-b...blisher-of-all-times-with-cat-cosplay-covers/

First came fire… Then the wheel… Now, after centuries of struggle, the most acclaimed publisher in comic books today is proud to present the next great advancement in human civilization: the VALIANT CAT COSPLAY cover!

As revealed today at ComicBook.com, Valiant is bringing the three capital Cs of popular culture – cats, comics, and cosplay – together for the first time anywhere in December as ordinary, household feline companions are transformed into the world’s most valiant heroes for a fur-bulous new line of shelf photo covers spanning 10 best-selling series! From teenage martial arts master Archer to reality-warping cosmonaut Divinity to sky-soaring sensation Faith and MI-6 super-spy Ninjak, each VALIANT CAT COSPLAY cover captures a furried friend pouncing into action as one of Valiant’s leading heroes inside a custom-built costume – tailor-made and photographed by the minds behind the Cat Cosplay of the Feline Variety blog.

Featured by CNET, CrunchyRoll, the Daily Mail, Geek and Sundry, IGN, Kotaku, Mashable, NPR, Paste Magazine, Tech Times, and dozens more around the world, Cat Cosplay of the Feline Variety is the gold standard of the “cat cosplay” genre and boasts a legion of fans and followers across Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook since its creation in early 2015. Valiant’s VALIANT CAT COSPLAY covers mark their first officially sponsored collaboration with a comic book publisher or entertainment company.

“This might be the single best thing anyone anywhere has done, ever,” said Valiant Assistant Editor Lauren Hitzhusen. “All of Valiant’s numerous accomplishments – the biggest debut of a new publisher in more than a decade, the best reviews in the industry, a record-setting 50 nominations at this year’s Harvey Awards – pale in comparison to the glory that you now behold before you. But, all joking aside… No, really, this is the best.”

Available as “order-all” covers across all of Valiant’s December 2016 series, each VALIANT CAT COSPLAY cover will be available for retailers to order in unlimited quantities at the standard suggested retail price:

A&A: THE ADVENTURES OF ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #10
BLOODSHOT U.S.A. #3 (of 4)
BRITANNIA #4 (of 4)
DIVINITY III: STALINVERSE #1 (of 4)
FAITH #6
GENERATION ZERO #5
HARBINGER RENEGADES #2
NINJAK #22
SAVAGE #2 (of 4)
WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR #14
A portion of the proceeds from all VALIANT CAT COSPLAY covers sold will benefit the Brooklyn Animal Rescue Coalition (BARC), a New York-based non-profit that operates a beloved, no-kill shelter for cats and dogs in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood. BARC’s mission is to provide a safe haven for abandoned animals – with quality food, shelter, medical attention, and the love they deserve – and to find permanent loving homes for them.

They’re intrepid! They’re fearless! They’re cats! This December, the animal kingdom is invading the Valiant Universe…and cat lovers and comics fans will finally stand united when VALIANT CAT COSPLAY covers scratch their way onto shelves worldwide! Contact your local comic shop to pre-order your VALIANT CAT COSPLAY covers today! (Lint roller not included.)

this is cool

Star Wars #26 kicks off a new arc with a Yoda story set before The Phantom Menace.

star-wars-26-cover-674x1024.jpg

Well, you know, we’ve been doing different issues between the arcs, focusing on Obi-Wan. I’ve really liked doing those. They’ve gotten a nice response from fans, people seem like they’ve really enjoyed those. So we’ve liked jumping around to different parts of the timeline like that, and [telling] a story that would connect tangentially, or just in terms of the overall theme but not necessarily vital to our ongoing plot. I kind of wanted to do something like that, but instead of having it be just a standalone issue between the arcs, have it be the actual arc. And of course, I was always trying to figure out a way for us to use Yoda. We’re a bit hamstrung in terms of the time period of our main story, because Yoda’s chilling on Dagobah. So this was kind of the only way we could kill all those birds with one stone — to do one story that connects Luke, Yoda, and Obi-Wan all at the same time, while still taking place in three different time periods.

Looking forward to this. Wish Immonen was doing the interiors again though.

kmfdmpig

while it could be a different book, keep in mind she gave out "thunder" as a clue before... what if she's doing fucking Thundercats

Could she be on JSA with Jakeem Thunder?

That would be an interesting book for her. So then cat would be Wildcat, I assume.

I always thought that the most important part of JSA was the interaction between characters and the character progression, and that's what she was best at on BoP and Secret Six, so I'd be excited to see her on that book.

Does anyone remember the mini series in the 90s, spiderman the final adventure. It's set during the Ben Reilly spiderman era, about peter in his retirement with mj who is pregnant. He becomes a scientist but some awful spider serial killer thing comes after.him after an accident at the lab ormskmrthing, and hijinx ensue. Every time I see that renew your vows I remember it.

Does anyone remember the mini series in the 90s, spiderman the final adventure. It's set during the Ben Reilly spiderman era, about peter in his retirement with mj who is pregnant. He becomes a scientist but some awful spider serial killer thing comes after.him after an accident at the lab ormskmrthing, and hijinx ensue. Every time I see that renew your vows I remember it.

He didn't have his webshooters, so he uses wire instead. It's weird.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Where he got that worker gauntlet thing instead of his webshooter?

He didn't have his webshooters, so he uses wire instead. It's weird.

Where he got that worker gauntlet thing instead of his webshooter?

Hahah love you guys remembered the same part. I'm not sure if he had lost his powers at that point or not. It's really nothing like renew your vows, it just keeps triggering the memory hahah. I have no idea if it was any good or not, I was 10 maybe. It seemed grim as fuck though for the age I was.

bautista-08-001.jpg

One of the covers ha

Ponn

Banned
Awwwww shhhhhhhhit!! Got email from IST, I get an extra 3% off tomorrow only. I'm going to be rolling in books, Absolutes for everyone!!

Phamit

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #2

I liked this issue a lot more than the previous one, but some Dialogs in combination with Batgirls suit makes you think she is 14 year old who tries to be a hero. How old is Babs in this one? it supposed to play after her Trip in her main series....either way they should think about a redesign

Hagi

TheFlow

Banned
Why are you leaving out spaces? did you mean to post on twitter? where is the hashtag? lol? Kira Yamato or Kamille Bidan?

As someone who is outside of the US and purchases mainly trades or digital copies of singles this is a really illuminating viewpoint of the industry.
So I can get asked why I don't leave spaces :p.

Kamille no question.

Ross61

tumblr_m471f7hw3n1qeumowo1_500.gif

Good stuff.

Huh did not know she was getting her own book. I've been looking forward to the new Teen Titans book since it was announced so I think I'll pick up Raven as well.
Yeah, this bridges her story from the end of the current Teen Titans to Teen Titans Rebirth.

On another note, that was an all around solid issue of Green Arrow with great art minus the parts with bad grammar. (Seriously someone should of picked those up.) I like Emiko. She's a more restrained Damian without the overinflated ego.

Top Bottom