• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

This is a good read. Brings up a few points I hadn't considered previously. Does remind me that a few people have argued that those old counts of comics from the newstand days which could be in the high hundreds of thousands to even a couple million should be dismissed since those copies were returnable. The count of monthly comics readers sounds about right to me

Messi

I am experiencing a complete slump in comics reading. I have never experienced anything like it. I have no urge what so ever to read anything and I have been like this for nearly a month. Usually this feeling would have passed by now. I try to read but my heart isn't in it. Feels really shit to be honest :(

I am experiencing a complete slump in comics reading. I have never experienced anything like it. I have no urge what so ever to read anything and I have been like this for nearly a month. Usually this feeling would have passed by now. I try to read but my heart isn't in it. Feels really shit to be honest :(

Taking a break's good sometimes though. The comics will still be there when you want to come back. Being on the weekly treadmill is exhausting a lot of time. I know for me personally, the need to stay current ends up with me reading books I don't have much interest in, and that ends up sapping my passion.

Today, I read about 20 comics. I'll probably read some more over the weekend. I want to catch up on the Transformers books for sure since Revolution is next week (MASKED CRUSAAAAADERS, WORKIN' OVERTIME, FIGHTING CRIME!). There's a few more Rebirth books I want to try out as well.

This is why I've barely watched any anime in months.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Just take a decade off like I did when I started to feel that last time.

TheFlow

Banned
i tend to skip some Wednesday sales and buy everything I kissed in bulk towards the end of the month.

Snot girl and saga are the only things I gotta have in my vein.

I had previously ordered my first set of physical comics. Now that I'm back home, I can finally read share some pics:

kgSWAMQ.jpg

Glwhi4V.jpg

4cPMrM0.jpg

New X-Men bothers the living shit out of me. That spine font difference... Ugh!

Holy butts, guys. Black Monday Murders is so good. I'd pay $5 for every issue. In fact, I have so far. Let's hope the pagecount stays where it is. This is like Time Runs Out meets Wall Street Journal.

Owzers

A lot of people are telling me that Messi wasn't born in America, okay. Do I think he was born here? I'm not talking about it right now.

I'm kinda iffy on comics right now, still slowly building towards Standoff on MU, but haven't read any floppies lately, i just keep repainting my wonder woman statue's sword.

A lot of people are telling me that Messi wasn't born in America, okay. Do I think he was born here? I'm not talking about it right now.

I'm kinda iffy on comics right now, still slowly building towards Standoff on MU, but haven't read any floppies lately, i just keep repainting my wonder woman statue's sword.

You are probably too busy playing Overwatch to worry about comics.

Yo, I am playing Zenyatta now and he's pretty awesome. I play better with him than I have in a while.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Holy butts, guys. Black Monday Murders is so good. I'd pay $5 for every issue. In fact, I have so far. Let's hope the pagecount stays where it is. This is like Time Runs Out meets Wall Street Journal.

Was there more story in this one?

I had previously ordered my first set of physical comics. Now that I'm back home, I can finally read share some pics:

New X-Men bothers the living shit out of me. That spine font difference... Ugh!

Eww

Messi

I wasn't born in america. Sadly.

Messi

Black Monday Murders is the first image book in ages to avoid the 1 month post release price drop on Comixology. Guess I am trade waiting for what wont be a $10 trade (imo obviously)

Was there more story in this one?

It's still being a bit vague in terms of what this is all about, but it's totally up my alley in terms of Hickman creating a mythology for a story. It's got a very Lovecraftian feel to it in the same way that Fatale did. But this is about some sort of economic secret society.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It's still being a bit vague in terms of what this is all about, but it's totally up my alley in terms of Hickman creating a mythology for a story. It's got a very Lovecraftian feel to it in the same way that Fatale did. But this is about some sort of economic secret society.

What I mean is was this one as info dumpy as the first issue with all the charts and whatnot?

It doesn't need to make sense right now but I really don't feel like fighting through all that stuff again.

Just take a decade off like I did when I started to feel that last time.

I took off most of 2009-2014. Felt really great and I had a ton of new, cheap comics to read. Image brought me back. I'm on a bit of a comics high right now with so much good stuff dropping, but I'm perfectly fine taking prolonged breaks and being very selective in what I read.

I love reading and discussing comics, but am not remotely interested in most of the associated cultural stuff. Sales wars? Other than easy trolling material, I don't give a shit. Conventions? Not even once. Expensive statues to place on a bookshelf? Never. Shirts, buttons, patches, stickers? Nope. Waifu culture? Disgusting. Movies? I'll watch them, okay.

I'm open with friends and coworkers about how much I enjoy reading comics. No shame there. Friends and family will ask me about characters in movies or shit like who is faster in a foot race between Flash and Supes, or how quickly Superman can fly in outer space. But everything else is just whatever. I'm too damn old and too damn busy with work and life. Maybe when I retire in eight years you'll see me at a convention rocking some cosplay and buying sketches. Never say never.

PsychBat!

Banned
I've had a slump for over a month. Then I got the power to create awesome gifs.

Any one read Beautiful Darkness Graphic Novel by Gabion Vehlmann & Kerascoet?

Wow, I am not sure what did I just read but it's interesting.

So did the men murdered the little girl? Why do Arorura like his smell? So many mystery and poor Mr Rat

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I took off most of 2009-2014. Felt really great and I had a ton of new, cheap comics to read. Image brought me back. I'm on a bit of a comics high right now with so much good stuff dropping, but I'm perfectly fine taking prolonged breaks and being very selective in what I read.

I love reading and discussing comics, but am not remotely interested in most of the associated cultural stuff. Sales wars? Other than easy trolling material, I don't give a shit. Conventions? Not even once. Expensive statues to place on a bookshelf? Never. Shirts, buttons, patches, stickers? Nope. Waifu culture? Disgusting. Movies? I'll watch them, okay.

I'm open with friends and coworkers about how much I enjoy reading comics. No shame there. Friends and family will ask me about characters in movies or shit like who is faster in a foot race between Flash and Supes, or how quickly Superman can fly in outer space. But everything else is just whatever. I'm too damn old and too damn busy with work and life. Maybe when I retire in eight years you'll see me at a convention rocking some cosplay and buying sketches. Never say never.

It was following the filming of Suicide Squad and Deadpool last Spring that got me interested in comics again.

Top Bottom