• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

frye

Any one read Beautiful Darkness Graphic Novel by Gabion Vehlmann & Kerascoet?

Wow, I am not sure what did I just read but it's interesting.

So did the men murdered the little girl? Why do Arorura like his smell? So many mystery and poor Mr Rat

That comic rules. I haven't read it since it came out but I remember assuming the worst about everything so... yeah

iModem

Banned
I'm reading the early stuff of their modern line.

I was going to do a complete read through of the ENTIRE relaunched line, but some of the stories/writers weren't keeping my attention so I'm jumping around in what interests me. Rai's art is great. Eternal Warrior is neat.

This page gives me life:

N4UPiFY.png

I was going to do a complete read through of the ENTIRE relaunched line, but some of the stories/writers weren't keeping my attention so I'm jumping around in what interests me. Rai's art is great. Eternal Warrior is neat.

Just finished the second volume of Ninjak and it's been fantastic. The Raul Allen art stood out the most so far, great issue.
iqA58Jt.png

Could she be on JSA with Jakeem Thunder?

That would be an interesting book for her. So then cat would be Wildcat, I assume.

I always thought that the most important part of JSA was the interaction between characters and the character progression, and that's what she was best at on BoP and Secret Six, so I'd be excited to see her on that book.
She also said she's been writing some of her favorite superheroines. Star Girl and Black Canary?
Fantastic article.
I miss Angela :(

This Angela

Queen of Hel was such a cool story.
I want to read that so bad. But I have so many other things.
This page gives my life:

N4UPiFY.png
THAT RUN WAS THE HYPEST SHIT.

I am experiencing a complete slump in comics reading. I have never experienced anything like it...Feels really shit to be honest :(

Don't worry about it. I;m like this with all my hobbies. Some times I'll go months without reading a comic, usually during a deep tradewait tbf, but same happens with reading novels or playing games. I'm still playing Mankind Divided because I've barely touched for all the comics I'm reading haha. Don't see it as a bad thing, just take it as your brain telling you to do other stuff for a bit.

Although, I've been up and down with games in general since the beginning of this gen, don't know what's going on. Consistently unsatisfied with the xbox and the playstation. Only Nintendo is safe for me.

It's important to sniff them before you eat them. Gotta make sure they're still fresh.

Always make sure you haven't got blood on them before consumption!

I had previously ordered my first set of physical comics. Now that I'm back home, I can finally read share some pics:

New X-Men bothers the living shit out of me. That spine font difference... Ugh!

Great haul man :) now about Scalped. Where you at! I wouldn't have bough tthe omnibus either btw, those things are waaay too big for comfortable reading.

Hahah fantastic. You know, I looked at one point no google for just one panel of her saying "I heard a rumor" and could not find one. So weird. The things google will turn up for me, and not that. I assume your reread is off the back of Doom Patrol! Only 8 months and three weeks now!!
Nah I haven't picked up Doom Patrol. Haven't picked up this past week's books, in fact. My friend and I were talking about how hyped we were and then also talked about godlike team books.

Nah I haven't picked up Doom Patrol. Haven't picked up this past week's books, in fact. My friend and I were talking about how hyped we were and then also talked about godlike team books.

For sure. He tweeted this in April: Click. I hope so. Although he has kind of put it down to the art team a bunch of times but Ba does work man, if he had the script, he'd ge tit down. So I really do think it's been Way doing all his other career stuff. We'll see though. Ba doing the work of his life allegedly. Trying to imagine if Marvel just gave him the x-men but to be honest, what's in my hea dis so close to Umbrella Academy, there's not much point.

For sure. He tweeted this in April: Click. I hope so. Although he has kind of put it down to the art team a bunch of times but Ba does work man, if he had the script, he'd ge tit down. So I really do think it's been Way doing all his other career stuff. We'll see though. Ba doing the work of his life allegedly. Trying to imagine if Marvel just gave him the x-men but to be honest, what's in my hea dis so close to Umbrella Academy, there's not much point.
Yeah I think Umbrella Academy was his Doom Patrol and now he actually has Doom Patrol.

Regardless, reading through Apocalypse Suite right now, I really do hope a lot of this foreshadowing and set up pays off for Hotel Oblivion.

Yeah I think Umbrella Academy was his Doom Patrol and now he actually has Doom Patrol.

Regardless, reading through Apocalypse Suite right now, I really do hope a lot of this foreshadowing and set up pays off for Hotel Oblivion.

Obviously it's been a long time and things change but I'm sure he was saying a way back that the third series would deal with hotel oblivion, and what happened to the kraken.

2017. Maybe start some Manga. Need to figure out where to start.

Urgh, this cold is making me feel like shit. :(

@Simone book: Yeah, JSA sounds like something that would fit her.

Off topic but you've been following this world of ff game right, I spotted yud made a thread or so on it. Is this safe to buy on vita or is it like setsuna/doing myself an injustice if I don't get it on the ps4?

I'd prefer to play handheld but not to my detriment haha.

Off topic but you've been following this world of ff game right, I spotted yud made a thread or so on it. Is this safe to buy on vita or is it like setsuna/doing myself an injustice if I don't get it on the ps4?

It looks like the Vita version is alright. Not that much worse graphics etc. We should get some Vita footage soon I'm thinking.

It looks like the Vita version is alright. Not that much worse graphics etc. We should get some Vita footage soon I'm thinking.

Cheers man. Same boat with DQ builders but I was able to find some concrete stuff about that at least. SE's psn prices are outrageous anyway, if they'd just sell it as crossbuy, it would make my life easier haha.

Great haul man :) now about Scalped. Where you at! I wouldn't have bough tthe omnibus either btw, those things are waaay too big for comfortable reading.

I got a a new tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. I just finished setting it up and the comics look so damn good on it.

Scalped is going to be the first read on it.

TheFlow

Banned
We're not getting any Snotgirl in October. :(

FUCK IT ALL.

wait whatttttttttttt

edit

SNOTGIRL #4
Story By: Bryan Lee O’Malley
Art By: Leslie Hung
Cover By: Leslie Hung
Variant Cover By: Bryan Lee O’Malley
Published: November 16, 2016
Diamond ID: AUG160663

From the creator of Scott Pilgrim! This month in SNOTGIRL: It's Halloween... But what is everyone going to wear?? Comic Book Resources calls SNOTGIRL “perfect for newcomers, perfect for loyal fans and just plain perfect

wait so a halloween issue in the middle of October..

Do current console games utilize ultrawide monitors? I hear they don't. Only some PC games use them.
Nah they don't lol. As you mentioned, there's still quite a few games don't support on pc, I heard someone complain about that in regards to recore.

I got a a new tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. I just finished setting it up and the comics look so damn good on it.

Scalped is going to be the first read on it.

Yaaaay. Can't wait to see what you make of it as it goes on. I think arc 2 or 3 does thy story structure of being set in the one night but each issue being set from a different view point. It's really fun.

wait whatttttttttttt

edit

SNOTGIRL #4
Story By: Bryan Lee O’Malley
Art By: Leslie Hung
Cover By: Leslie Hung
Variant Cover By: Bryan Lee O’Malley
Published: November 16, 2016
Diamond ID: AUG160663

From the creator of Scott Pilgrim! This month in SNOTGIRL: It's Halloween... But what is everyone going to wear?? Comic Book Resources calls SNOTGIRL “perfect for newcomers, perfect for loyal fans and just plain perfect

wait so a halloween issue in the middle of October..
A Halloween issue in the middle of November. There's nothing in October.
Nah they don't lol. As you mentioned, there's still quite a few games don't support on pc, I heard someone complain about that in regards to recore.
Dam. Gears 4 is gonna support ultrawide but I guess it's only for the PC version. I better start looking at BenQ monitors.

Dam. Gears 4 is gonna support ultrawide but I guess it's only for the PC version. I better start looking at BenQ monitors.

I think it's purely that the xbox version would struggle with the added pixels, otherwise that would be nice. I'm still humming over when to grab a 1060, I might end up back logging gears and dishonored until after Xmas. I don't want to pull the trigger on a big hardware purchase until I know what nx is going to chin me.

I think it's purely that the xbox version would struggle with the added pixels, otherwise that would be nice. I'm still humming over when to grab a 1060, I might end up back logging gears and dishonored until after Xmas. I don't want to pull the trigger on a big hardware purchase until I know what nx is going to chin me.
I mainly game on Xbox One. What TV or monitor would you recommend that is around 24" and cost $100 - $200? I'm looking at a lot of BenQs and Acers but I feel like if I'm playing on console I don't need to go overboard.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: 4/5. The panels and layouts are great and I am a fan of the weirdly inconsistent art style-- it has a certain rough quality.
And Gordon called Batman! lol

I mainly game on Xbox One. What TV or monitor would you recommend that is around 24" and cost $100 - $200? I'm looking at a lot of BenQs and Acers but I feel like if I'm playing on console I don't need to go overboard.

Mines is an Asus, about 3 years old man. It's got low input lag, it's pretty great, the picture for exceeds my actual TV haha. I think it's a vg23ah, if you can still get that it's probably a great price by now. I've had my.pc and consoles hooked up to it, no problems. Not sure about more current monitors right now.

Oh it random supports 3d too but I've never bothered with that. Has two hdmi slots and a dvi as well

If you check out the build a pc thread over in gaming, they keep an updated recommended monitor thing in the OT, usually has 4 or 5 and they're based around budget, so that may be worth looking at.

Mines is an Asus, about 3 years old man. It's got low input lag, it's pretty great, the picture for exceeds my actual TV haha. I think it's a vg23ah, if you can still get that it's probably a great price by now. I've had my.pc and consoles hooked up to it, no problems. Not sure about more current monitors right now.

Oh it random supports 3d too but I've never bothered with that. Has two hdmi slots and a dvi as well

If you check out the build a pc thread over in gaming, they keep an updated recommended monitor thing in the OT, usually has 4 or 5 and they're based around budget, so that may be worth looking at.
I'm currently using a 24" Vizio that is 5 years old. I think it's time for an upgrade.

Messi

Jesus. Tom King is writing the first draft of Batman #17 today. So far ahead due to the double shipping and multiple books I'd assume?

Tom King also keeps his trades in plastic bags. Is this a CIA technique?

I'm currently using a 24" Vizio that is 5 years old. I think it's time for an upgrade.

To be fair, if it's 1080p and has low input lag then you might be fine. It's not as if there's been any huge jumps, outside of gsync or moving up to 4k etc. Gsync is probably a worthwhile investment but maybe about your budget right now.

Re: Tom King. 17, that's crazy but the book is coming out at double the pace, I guess that was a requirement for the job. Funny though that a lot of people have comment about omega men and vision being a lot higher in quality. He's had a lot more time per script there too.
Who knows how far ahead he was with those though. Could be all he's working on now is batman and has been for some time.

To be fair, if it's 1080p and has low input lag then you might be fine. It's not as if there's been any huge jumps, outside of gsync or moving up to 4k etc. Gsync is probably a worthwhile investment but maybe about your budget right now.

Re: Tom King. 17, that's crazy but the book is coming out at double the pace, I guess that was a requirement for the job. Funny though that a lot of people have comment about omega men and vision being a lot higher in quality. He's had a lot more time per script there too.
Who knows how far ahead he was with those though. Could be all he's working on now is batman and has been for some time.
The picture quality is what I'm concerned about. It's primarily a cheap HD 1080p TV and the picture quality looks good for movies and TV but it looks a little off when I switch to games, even with game mode adjustments. Usually a little too dark.

kmfdmpig

That's what I've been using for the last few years, and it's perfect for comics. The size/aspect ratio is about as close to a full size comic page as possible in portrait mode.

As an FYI - in the next few days/weeks the update to Android 6 will come to that tablet (you can get it now through XDA, but it's for New Zealand, so I'd recommend waiting for the over the air update).

That's what I've been using for the last few years, and it's perfect for comics. The size/aspect ratio is about as close to a full size comic page as possible in portrait mode.

As an FYI - in the next few days/weeks the update to Android 6 will come to that tablet (you can get it now through XDA, but it's for New Zealand, so I'd recommend waiting for the over the air update).

Oh that's great, I was wondering when it would get the update.

And yea, comics look stunning on it. The colors are just great.

Top Bottom