• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Sandfox

There are a fair number of #1s on there, so hard to tell how sustainable DC's success will be, but I was surprised to see them have such a strong August, particularly as they basically conceded the 5th week (as they always do). I thought their books this week were particularly strong.
Well the top three books were going to do very well for sure lol.

Because the first issue of CWII did and because they can get away with it. At most the issue out the week after the first might be a dollar/euro cheaper.
Given that each issue will be 30 pages I doubt it.

Finished vol.2 of Batgirl. That wedding issue at the end was awesome. I really wish they would merge batgirl and nightwing at some point during one of these board clearings and do some sort of duo book for a runs worth, see if they could even try to make some kind of go at it together. Great volume, some good wacky villains like velvet tiger, some good personal drama, and I liked that corner Babs took with Dick at the end. Really bummed knowing the next volume is it and the new book is a bit of a shift, I could read this book indefinitely, therss a really healthy mix of personal life and friend/relationship drama that gets mixed in, a lot of big two books fail to flesh their heroes out like that.

The only thing I didn't really like is they go out their way to pay lipservice to the status quo of gordon as batman but don't really follow up on anything teased. Stuff like Jim saying to Barbara I would hate for you to find out I was living a double life, and also it's mentioned that heroes in Gotham need to lay low but never is it an issue later on. A bit eh.

Yup. Gabriel Ba

I really like that whole sequence at the beginning haha, perfect kick off to the tone of the book.

It really is. Started re-reading it last night.

Awesome, I reread it maybe two weeks ago? I meant to read the second volume by now but I got distracted by new purchases, stuff still holds up 100% today though. Hopefully Doom Patrol will get newcomers hunting it down. I do hope he does a volume 3 one day...

Also sorry Tetrax, I got the email about inviting people and apparently it's limited to the format you applied for. I dont remember applying but I'm stuck with ps4 now.

Sandfox

CscYHS9WgAAlGzy.jpg:large

lol

Renew Your Vows interview: http://www.cbr.com/renew-your-vows-promises-spider-man-fun-family-style-heroics/

I'm really looking forward to this book.

tim1138

Haha what was it again, we need to do the red text and the exclamations marks etc really amp people up before they click

Edit: there it is

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DECEMBER _____ SOLICITS ARE UP! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Man, ain't nobody who cares about Avatar solicits.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its known since at least two months that this going to be a Crossover.

But will be like all Batfamily Crossover according to the Listings for the Collected Editions.
Like Mainstory in Batman, Tie Ins for the other Batpeople.

Its known since at least two months that this going to be a Crossover.

But will be like all Batfamily Crossover according to the Listings for the Collected Editions.
Like Mainstory in Batman, Tie Ins for the other Batpeople.

Batman and the Monster Men is a six part story going through Batman, Nightwing, and Detective, like the old X-Men crossovers. Not the main-story / spinoffs they did with Snyder's Batman.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Batman and the Monster Men is a six part story going through Batman, Nightwing, and Detective, like the old X-Men crossovers. Not the main-story / spinoffs they did with Snyder's Batman.
They they really make a strange job on that collection, Nightwing had his own Monster Man Trade next to the regular trade and HC.
DC sometimes changes stuff afterwards, but I can check this out on Monday.

Still, we knew for a longer time that its a classic Crossover.

Rooster12

Anyone know any good youtube comic channels?

My favorite so far is ComicPop, where guys just sit around and discuss storylines or whatever.

Not a fan of comicstorian or comicsexplained, what they do is a bit much for me.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hahaha well okay, I'll give you that, we can let this one go.

Haha I actually pulled that text from your post about Image last month. Plus, dude, Gillen writes an image book, and all you read is Image. What I heard anyway. You a fraud mang?

I like WicDIv. It would probably be borderline top 10 if I were to rank all my current Image titles(there are almost 40). But he's got a long way to go before I'd soil myself with an Avatar title just for him. Chris Dingess maybe but not Gillen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Anyone know any good youtube comic channels?

My favorite so far is ComicPop, where guys just sit around and discuss storylines or whatever.

Not a fan of comicstorian or comicsexplained, what they do is a bit much for me.
Tryout the Comic Channel of ChannelAwesome

What did you do?

It's so stupid. The day that David Ayer released the pic of the Suicide Squad, she had a status that said "King Shark is a Shark". I thought she was referring to the pic of the SS and thought she might be mistaken that it was probably Killer Croc instead as did some other people. But she decided to quote/retweet it with the simple "I know". By quote retweeting it, it enabled the Gail Simone defense force to attack me and I called her out on her shit and she blocked me.

Sandfox

It's so stupid. The day that David Ayer released the pic of the Suicide Squad, she had a status that said "King Shark is a Shark". I thought she was referring to the pic of the SS and thought she might be mistaken that it was probably Killer Croc instead as did some other people. But she decided to quote/retweet it with the simple "I know". By quote retweeting it, it enabled the Gail Simone defense force to attack me and I called her out on her shit and she blocked me.
What would happen if Gail Simone and KSD got into a Twitter fight? Both of them have rabid fans.

Hagi

Hagi, I got the second thor OHC through and read them both, I am become you. It was purely you posting about them last month that egged me into upgrading so cheers. Ribic art in that format is so nice.

That's cool I still need to finish the first but glad you enjoyed it. Gorgeous books. I almost bought the New X-Men Omnibus today but that shit is too expensive and far too big for me to read. Hopefully the series goes on sale at CMX sometime soon I've always wanted to read it.

while it could be a different book, keep in mind she gave out "thunder" as a clue before... what if she's doing fucking Thundercats

DC still has the licence so...I'm in for that? certainly better than a Catman ongoing.

Just grabbed the Southern Cross TP. I read it digitally already, but a lot of the details are fuzzy and I have a bad habit of double-dipping on stuff I read digitally and love. Lots of pretty art in the back at least :)

Just grabbed the Southern Cross TP. I read it digitally already, but a lot of the details are fuzzy and I have a bad habit of double-dipping on stuff I read digitally and love. Lots of pretty art in the back at least :)

I liked this book. I t didn't shatter my world.or anything but I liked everything about it and that was good. Gave me some vibes I liked about the dead space games early on, before they went full batshit.

Oh yea, doesn't seem like anyone has kids in here, but in case of looking for stuff for nephews, nieces or just looks for good fun light hearted comics. Some might remember over the last month I've been looking for stuff for my kid. Well, by pure luck I found the first volume of super dinosaur by kirkman and jason Howard. I totally forgot I had bought him it a few years ago, before realising I'd totally judged the age range wrong and stashing it away. Well I passed it on to him and he's been devouring it. Reading it every night before bed and stuff, really great to see. I just went ahead sand ordered him the other 3 volume this evening. It has a very Saturday morning cartoon vibe, like I said, worth checking out even as an adult, just as a fun book.

Sad to see Kirkman finished it up and doesn't seem to have written an all ages book since.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Need to know why you have blood covered books first.
I have the summerflue (was 96 degrees until yesterday here) and I tend to have easy breakable blood vessels in my lung.
Its not life threatening, but its possible that if I am in bad luck that I spit blood when I cough.

Threw the Superwoman book away anyway, will reorder it since cleaning it up with wet cloth really didnt helpdd

Top Bottom