• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
@ The Flow @ DonnieTradewait lol

I didn't read any comics today. Feels bad, man. In other news, fuck the Destiny timesink.

It was the cheapest yet most advanced monitor next to 4K monitors at Best Buy. I'm on console so I'm not looking for anything advanced. I'll save that for when I can afford a better TV.

Oh yea that was the other thing I noticed, no in build speakers on that, too swish haha. So just a heads up if you don't have externals, yull need to grab some with that.

I didn't read any comics today. Feels bad, man. In other news, fuck the Destiny timesink.

Haha. That can be my name if I ever have to make ANOTHER account. I thought it would be donniewahlburger, but donnietradewaiter works too

Freeza still 100% Destiny-free.

I was initially interested in it pre-release until I found out about the MMO elements. Now there's so much content that it would be too daunting to start anyway.

Booted up destiny for the first time in like a year or so. Wrapped up the wolves story and now Playing the taken king story mode. Man they finally put some good effort and content into the taken King campaign. Characters are finally getting personalities, nice change of pace missions, etc. finally getting that Bungie halo vibe. I'm also reminded how much I enjoyed the shooting in this game. And I like using my fire axe

TheFlow

Banned
fuck it I am going to catch up on all my dc pulls. but real quick

does batgirl get better? what do you guys think of that. I thought the first issue was decent imo

Booted up destiny for the first time in like a year or so. Wrapped up the wolves story and now Playing the taken king story mode. Man they finally put some good effort and content into the taken King campaign. Characters are finally getting personalities, nice change of pace missions, etc. finally getting that Bungie halo vibe. I'm also reminded how much I enjoyed the shooting in this game. And I like using my fire axe

For sure. They actually kind of recontextualised the original storylines missions with the mission quest screen, lots of text filling out what's going on and stuff. Strung along with the taken king stuff, it's a really nice long campaign from start to finish now. Still hope for better story and lore integration for the sequel, but no reason to think rise of iron won't be a good time.

December Young Animal solicits are up.

DPA-Cv4.jpg
STCG-Cv3.jpg

Love these.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
any good recent x comics i might have missed?

maybe something with this new young cyke we got around? was that bendis run any good?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Haha. That can be my name if I ever have to make ANOTHER account. I thought it would be donniewahlburger, but donnietradewaiter works too

Ask a mod to change it, they are sometimes willing.

Freeza still 100% Destiny-free.

I was initially interested in it pre-release until I found out about the MMO elements. Now there's so much content that it would be too daunting to start anyway.

It's great now. Jump in!

I played from Sept 14 to Nov 14 and shelved it (beat the first Raid then quit). In the past week or so, I have almost done all the story/strike stuff and I'm glad I returned. If you ever want to join up for story/strikes/crucible my PSN name is in my profile.

I WILL read The Black Monday Murders tomorrow...

Is this how gods read comics? I don't know if I can handle a Jim Lee spread page on a 55".

It's pretty handy. Zoom sure does make it easier to notice the details, and you always have perfect lighting conditions. You just set the zoom level you're comfortable with, lock it, and you're mostly set. Double page spreads might require some zooming around if you leave it set to adjust to width.

plus you don't have to hold a tablet, like a pleb would.

So I popped into my LCS for Batman Day as one of my friends was gonna be doing free sketches for customers and I wanted to say hi to him since I hadn't seen him in about 6 months.

When I get there he asks me to join him on sketching since the previous hour had been pretty busy and he wanted some back up. I ended up doing a few sketches, figured y'all might like to see them. The Catwoman on the sketch cover is mine, the scarecrow was done by my friend, his twitter is here if you wanna check out his work.

Nothing too exciting for me to buy games-wise for awhile. It's typical now that I have a regular income again there's not many games I want. South Park: The Fractured But Whole getting delayed made me sad. Looking at wiki's list, I think I'm in for:

FIFA 17 (generally I wait for Access, but I really liked what I played of The Journey so I'm in this year. I also need to practice to be able to win against my nephews at Christmas, because I'm only fit for the glue factory after I lose that battle.)
Shadow Warrior 2 (going to be great for co-op with friends, and since it's like Borderlands but not Borderlands, I won't be groaning the whole time)
Gears of War 4 (provided it actually works on PC, the ports of Forge and Forza were good, so they are improving at this)
Titanfall 2 (I'm way too excited that there's a story this time, also I didn't have anything that could play the first one when it came out)
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (for MWR, and the campaign looks really good this year)
Dishonored 2 (the one I'm looking forward to most of all)
The Walking Dead: New Frontier (presumably not a crossover with PAD's Star Trek: New Frontier)
Super Mario Maker 3DS (I also have to buy a new 3DS, but that's a small obstacle)

I bought about €80 worth of stuff in the Humble Summer Sale. Most of it was stuff I missed out on in the Steam Summer Sale.

Telltale Batman Episode 2 is next week, I'll be streaming that, should be a fun time.

OMG there are still people who play Overwatch?

"Bring back Overwatch? What's the point? Would've been better to let this all go...."

I still love the game, but I get too panicky playing alone.

Top Bottom