• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Owzers

Pop Star is a weird movie that i didn't know was going to be filmed like a documentary. Still funny-ish though, i liked the Bin Laden song when it was on SNL.

The picture quality is what I'm concerned about. It's primarily a cheap HD 1080p TV and the picture quality looks good for movies and TV but it looks a little off when I switch to games, even with game mode adjustments. Usually a little too dark.

Haha my main tv in the front room has hella black crush, that monitor I have is 100 x better. When your looking just keep in mind an ips panel is great colours but can potentially have lag. Mine is just a tn panel and it smashes my egular tv as mentioned while also having no lag. Not the colours of an ips panel but still great, so take that for what you will. I have no idea how things have changed in the last 3 years maybe all the ips panel monitors have great response time now too.

Slayven

genecide-profile.jpg

Genecide, greatest Supervillain name ever?

Cause her thing is genes

Obviously it's been a long time and things change but I'm sure he was saying a way back that the third series would deal with hotel oblivion, and what happened to the kraken.

2017. Maybe start some Manga. Need to figure out where to start.

The third series is straight up called Hotel Oblivion and is going to deal with The Hotel, which is Hargreeves' prison. The first book brings up some potential story threads that I would love to see tackled, and I'm betting Dr. Terminal is the main villain.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's a great film. Surprised that you haven't seen it before.
This is a movie that is never on tv here and when I started to pay a lot of money for movies I was first to edgy to buy a animated movie instead of horror and action flicks.
Later then I cared to much about quality and stopped buying movies on DVD, so this week was my first possibility :D

Really loved the 50s style of the movie. So full of heart and an amazing art design later on when
the giant transformed into his war mode

Great movie. Of course it was done by Brad Bird^^

I read comics yesterday! Today, I'm just getting ready for work.

Also a dog broke off his lead and almost bit me on my run but it was my loose-fitting pants so he only got a mouthful of those.

God damn, what kind of dog?

I love you all for responding to my plea for attention btw, especially the ill people. I have intentions to read gotham academy but I'm on a roll with dragon quest right now, I may flip flop

Still with the flue. But I saw the Iron Giant for the first time and it was beautiful

I only saw it for the first time a few years ago, when my animation lecturer in tech college recommended it. Excellent film that I wish I had seen as a kid. I was quite jealous when I saw it was in US theaters again recently.

The Batman '66 animated movie is going to be on in the cinema here. Guess the Killing Joke did big numbers. I'll go depending on if I'm not on evening shift that week.

God damn, what kind of dog?

Just a little terrier. I only heard the barking when he was right beside me, because I had headphones on and I was in deep thought about something (I've been reading The Vision the last few days, so it was probably that). It was the fright more than anything, but I don't really need the hassle of a bite when my training starts on Tuesday.

The owner apologised at least. I do generally love dogs though. I'd have one myself but I live in a small flat, it wouldn't be fair on the dog. I settle for playing with my friends' dogs when I visit them.

Detective Comics #940 was excellent. What a great end to the arc. Definitely my favourite Rebirth comic.

Has Nightwing been any good? Only Monster Men book I'm not reading.

Just a little terrier. I only heard the barking when he was right beside me, because I had headphones on and I was in deep thought about something (I've been reading The Vision the last few days, so it was probably that). It was the fright more than anything, but I don't really need the hassle of a bite when my training starts on Tuesday.

The owner apologised at least. I do generally love dogs though. I'd have one myself but I live in a small flat, it wouldn't be fair on the dog. I settle for playing with my friends' dogs when I visit them.

Haha well, at least it wasn't anything serious. We have a Yorkshire terrier, god love her, shes cute, but she really has small dog syndrome, hilariously bad temperament. I doubt it was anything personal.

And yes, dogs are the best! Lol about the vision, spoiler for issue 6
Vision agrees, especially about terriers

Damn quiet day today. Is everyone reading comics or something?
Had to go run errands (including buying comics) and now I'm eating before going to work

Detective Comics #940 was excellent. What a great end to the arc. Definitely my favourite Rebirth comic.

Has Nightwing been any good? Only Monster Men book I'm not reading.

It's been pretty good, but I still have issues with the way Dick is written

Donnie What do you think of this monitor?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F6V6QIM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I can get for $130.

Had a snoop around for reviews, sounds like it has great colours and viewing angle, input lag seems negligible, was only a half ms off some.of the more gaming specific monitors. Only caveat I saw mentioned was to make sure you active overdrive mode if using for games to eliminate ghosting, which would drive me nuts if it was an issue and something I forgot about earlier that can pop up with ips screens. Sounds like they included a software solution. Review seemed unconcerned overall. For the price that seems like a pretty good option man, $130 is what £100. Pretty cheap!

Can you wait 9 months?

Nono it's a monitor he wants, not doom patrol.

And I'll tell you it's 8 months and 3 weeks now!

I get that reference. but I would try waiting til cyber monday if you can unless this is one of those deal of the day type things
It was the cheapest yet most advanced monitor next to 4K monitors at Best Buy. I'm on console so I'm not looking for anything advanced. I'll save that for when I can afford a better TV.

Top Bottom