• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Ryuukan

Photos of me:

jkvgRK3.jpg

fwyxvmE.jpg

tUi6MKX.jpg

Tohsaka

Has anyone talked about Vita/3DS differences yet? Does the Vita version have significantly better graphics/audio/framerate?

The Vita version is 60FPS, 3DS is 30. Vita version looks better too and obviously has a higher resolution. I think the multiplayer option is absent on 3DS, though I'm not positive.

Shingro

So I'm a few hours in and so far I see no problems, combat system is Turn based+Stuff which is all I ask usually. In fact considering how simple JRPG turned based combat tends to be I'm a bit surprised at the criticisms, especially when there's what, 20 star child classes, each with different skill lists then the "Unit building" element of combining star children into an effective... what, phalanx? So good stuff there.

Main map does what it needs to do, events are easy enough to access and no serious gating issues have happened.

If you like anime-style the cast list is amazing if perhaps a bit trope-y (not necessarily bad here). I have the sense a few of these girls have a "Dark Secret O___O" with that a bit, but not sure yet..The innuendo humor is pretty hilarious, haven't laughed so hard at a game for a while. Their sheer audacity is admirable.

There's some "But thou must" but that's reasonable.

Soundtrack is great, very catchy... did they ape the persona style? If so they got more success then failure especially in the classmating tracks.

Only shower scene so far was a guy =P

Honestly the only way I can explain low scores at this point are

1: This isn't as good as Persona! (Arguably some of the best JRPGs from the most talented team in the last decade we get only once every 3+ years, so that criteria doesn't make sense)
2: EEEEEEK!! THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT SEEEEX (IN A FUNNY WAY) D: (I'd put my money here personally, or at least say this played a role in most reviews.

for 40$? This isn't bad, if it drops lower I'd say it's actually great fun in a sitcom-y laugh sort of way.

Oh, and I guess the game could completely fall apart later on but so far I've got no indication of that, and even if the mechanics fall off the characters are too much fun not to pursue.

Anywho, those are first impressions.

Also: OooooOooooh~ Touch my heeeeart~ <3

Loving this game so far. The headmaster by far is my favorite character, the dude with his "I wish I was young" stuff is plainly hilarious.

I also enjoy that there's no time limit. The game gives you the chance to play at your own pace. Some might not like it, but I enjoy the no time limit, since I usually enjoy unlocking events.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I also enjoy that there's no time limit. The game gives you the chance to play at your own pace. Some might not like it, but I enjoy the no time limit, since I usually enjoy unlocking events.
Yeah, I'm really glad the game lets me just hang out with whoever, leveling them up as much as I can at the moment, then just head on over to the next labyrinth once I've done all that I can. Makes it much easier to see all of the different events.

Anyone know when the last two facilities in the city unlock? The city's at level 12 for me & I finished the 2nd dungeon.

Dugna

This game still keeps the puns up even further in the game which is great lol, keep showing my friends and the scenes and all he does is keeps facepalming.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Destructoid has a review up, 7.5/10.

I gotta agree that early on, you barely make use of the different systems that the game introduces, but later on, it gets more challenging/interesting. I couldn't make use of the chain system until I started fighting enemies that took more than one or two hits to kill.

It get's harder. But it's very easy at first. Specially if you are running pure mages from Ellie. You can literally 2 shot the first boss with the kids

This is basically what I did. Good to hear it gets harder as it goes along. Not that I minded it at all. I am getting a kick out of knocking these girls up and sending them out into the world to lvl it up, lmao. I'm a horrible father, GAF.

Couple more questions

I just got to the conversation options to give a gift. However I have no gifts. Should I wait to talk to them again once I have gifts or can I just do regular conversation options to keep them happy and just give them gifts later down the road.

Is it suggested that I create 9 kids right off the bat for whichever waifu I'm taking into the dungeon? Or is it doable if I create a couple from each and take them into the dungeon. With that being said, is that the easiest/best way to grind? Finish a dungeon with one girl, then run it again with a different girl, then another etc.

Couple more questions

I just got to the conversation options to give a gift. However I have no gifts. Should I wait to talk to them again once I have gifts or can I just do regular conversation options to keep them happy and just give them gifts later down the road.

Is it suggested that I create 9 kids right off the bat for whichever waifu I'm taking into the dungeon? Or is it doable if I create a couple from each and take them into the dungeon. With that being said, is that the easiest/best way to grind? Finish a dungeon with one girl, then run it again with a different girl, then another etc.

It's best to create 9 kids imo, since at the start the level cap is low, you can use the max kids to level up your city and you can open the gift shop at around lvl4 or 5 city iirc. If you haven't unlock giftshop yet, keep talking to them, the events that has "gift" on them are repeatable, so you can keep choosing the best answer to keep them happy. From the characters that I unlock (only missing Feene and Torri), Ellie is the best at creating magic-based class, Narika for high atk classes, and Fuuko for all-rounders. I haven't played with Serrina or Chloe that much since they need to catch up on some level.

So if you want a great group of mages, try and level up Ellie to get some good magic-classes. If you want a strong Lancer/Beserker or any high atk class use Narika with her high atk stats. If you want an all-rounder kid, Fuuko has the most balance stats so far.

Make sure you 3x Cleric in main team or back-up, their team skills is really good against bosses. For farming class items (mercenary and witch requires item), get 3x Thief and one of their skills increase drop rates.

Went through the intro and first dungeon, 3DS version. Favoring Narika for now. Very easy gameplay to start, so it is good to hear that things will get more challenging later on. There's a varied battle system here that has no real use just yet.

And while not an even trade for the crisper resolution of Vita, the 3D effect is neat especially during personal convos with the girls.

Pbae

Is it better to use a matryoshka doll that compliments the heroines strengths or should I use one that strengthens their weakness?

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
Is it better to use a matryoshka doll that compliments the heroines strengths or should I use one that strengthens their weakness?

You could either use it to bolster their strengths or use them to compensate for the missing stat points to unlock other classes if you're close. Ignore latter if you unlocked them all. No point in compensating for their weaknesses since they probably don't scale well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So question. When I choose who to classmate with, what's with the icon next to Torri's mood? Does it mean she's okay with Trimating or whatever it's called when you have two girls at once?

& for the trophy relating to giving birth to each class, I don't have to deal with both genders, right? Just giving birth to the class?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does resting advance the storyline in anyway or can I rest as many times as I want to reset the heart events?
Nope, go ahead & rest as many times as ya want. I do my 3 events with the girls, rest, then repeat until I've done as much as I can at the moment.

anderedna

Picked up my pre-ordered game yesterday. Upon seeing the box for like a split second, I was like, did I mistakenly said I want a 3DS one, since the box is almost like 3DS box size. Shopkeeper than said it's a Vita one, it got CD inside hence the box comes with that size.

Haven't played the game yet tho. Need to plat FFX first.

So I just got to the part in the demo on the Vita where the game is explaining to you what you need to do to bond with the S Rank girls... "Touching" them in the right places and all...

seinfeld.gif

Also, I don't know if I could stand the erratic frame rate in the dungeon crawling parts for the duration of the game. Back to FFX for me, back to a time where all this waifu bullshit was at least a bit understated.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
can you have children with the guys in this game?
Just finished the 3rd dungeon & the game tells me
they developed the Mate-o-tron & discovered the ability to classmate two male disciples with high Star Energy.

Edit:
You attempt it, but it wasn't successful, though you might try again later. Also the undertones are just as hilarious.

Darksol

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. I basically bought it because everything about it seemed wrong ("class-mating" teenagers to raise children that you take to fight in the dungeons before sending them off in the city to work for you) but I gotta say, I'm liking it a lot. Put more than 20 hours into it just in the past couple of days, trying to build my city level up and exploring dialog events.

Kerrinck

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. I basically bought it because everything about it seemed wrong ("class-mating" teenagers to raise children that you take to fight in the dungeons before sending them off in the city to work for you) but I gotta say, I'm liking it a lot. Put more than 20 hours into it just in the past couple of days, trying to build my city level up and exploring dialog events.

Same here. Went in with low expectations but I am having a blast with it.
Still feel a bit overwhelmed with so many party members but i'm getting the hang of it.

Darksol

I haven't been paying close attention, can somebody tell me -- when you raise a child to independence, should you remove all their equipment first, or does it just automatically get returned to your inventory?

Kerrinck

I haven't been paying close attention, can somebody tell me -- when you raise a child to independence, should you remove all their equipment first, or does it just automatically get returned to your inventory?

It automatically strips the kid of all equipment.

Rarutos

I'm really liking the game so far! Though, I keep getting close to the limit for Star Children, especially since the level cap keeps going up for obvious reasons.

I'm worried that I won't have enough space for Feene's kids when I finally get her, and I refuse to release them before they're maxed out! I guess that means I need to grind.

Top Bottom