• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

tommib

YvY0Ydg.jpeg

Double digits
Clearly needs more overweight characters.

20 people by the end of the month, this is fucking insane for a Sony first party. What a goddamn disaster

Good. Fuck 'em.

They forgot their core audience and decided to feed us with this GAAS shit. Look at the success of Wukong. Having

They had Naughty Dog spend how many years developing a turd only to get it flushed at the last minute and I'm almost sure this is down to Jim so fuck him too.

Anyways I'm here for the Concord double digit party

24b9ea16ed88bed3188a4e6f6bea5032.gif

Last edited:
I understand it's morning in the US, so you'd expect drop-off but damn. Only 4 days past launch and you're sinking to sub-100 players CCU?

Going to continue to get worse, especially with CoD coming. I'd also wager that the decline is even more severe, considering if the chatter is true you can't find matches, why would those who were trying to stick with the game continue to do so?

Can't even retain the playerbase you do have--they'll have almost no audience by the time the first Season or content rolls around, which is what? A month or more?

No way.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I understand it's morning in the US, so you'd expect drop-off but damn. Only 4 days past launch and you're sinking to sub-100 players CCU?

Going to continue to get worse, especially with CoD coming. I'd also wager that the decline is even more severe, considering if the chatter is true you can't find matches, why would those who were trying to stick with the game continue to do so?

Can't even retain the playerbase you do have--they'll have almost no audience by the time the first Season or content rolls around, which is what? A month or more?

No way.
Soon you’ll not be able to find a match. Imagine that for a game you just spend 40$ for.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
"Babylon`s fall"`s servers were shutdown 11 months after release.
But even that turd had a player peak of ~1200 at release.
I wonder if concord is going to get shut down even faster or if Sony is going to play "pretend to be a happy family" a bit longer.

This is a much, much bigger failure than Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Unless Sony is able to quickly turn Concord in a F2P this game will be completely dead before the first season officially starts.

story it's dead GIF by Chiara Sottile

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is a much, much bigger failure than Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Unless Sony is able to quickly turn Concord in a F2P this game will be completely dead before the first season officially starts.

story it's dead GIF by Chiara Sottile's dead GIF by Chiara Sottile

Suicide Squad had a peak of 13.5k, this has a peak of < 700.

I think most of us expected this game to do mediocre for various reasons, but holy fucking shit ... it's done so much worse.

Unless the console version is somehow doing exponentially higher than Steam, this game will go down as the biggest first party failure in recent times.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Suicide Squad had a peak of 13.5k, this has a peak of < 700.

I think most of us expected this game to do mediocre for various reasons, but holy fucking shit ... it's done so much worse.

Unless the console version is somehow doing exponentially higher than Steam, this game will go down as the biggest first party failure in recent times.
For it to not be the biggest first party failure in recent times, it has to have sold at least 1M copies at launch on PS5.

Which is unrealistic to expect.

DAHGAMING

Why are people so obsessed with this game failing? It’s not even an important game, Sony announced it a couple months ago, it’s already ogre, so what.

The more these shitty games fail the more likely Sony ect will change there strategy, which hopefully be getting back to single player games, maybe the odd multiplayer game but 1 that wont be a in your face woke shit fest, give us a dark/military game.

Thata my reason anyway.

Branded

The funny thing is, even if they did make it free-to-play next month and give everyone who bought it a refund it still wouldn't do any meaningful numbers as the progression system and gameplay modes are just so lacklustre. Even if you look past the horrid character designs there's just nothing there.

Hopefully the industry takes note.

Reaseru

Japan Studio died because none of their games sold particularly well.

Concord isn't the first Sony title that doesn't sell well.
It's just the worst of the bunch. Lol

Well, they (JS games) sure sold a lot more than 80k units, which is probably the best expectations for Concord right now. And none of them ever had the budget that was available to make the mess Concord is.

Last edited:
It's takes a unicorn level of rare special sauce to have this many people of just about any political persuasion to avoid your game in these kinds of numbers. There's a phenomenon going on that goes beyond terrible skins and expectations of GaaS games needing to be F2P. It's going to be fascinating seeing the contrast when Marvel Rivals launches.

Was a three day weekend in the UK, would love to be a fly on the wall of their offices today.

Sub 100 players despite all the tweets, emails, reddit adverts. It’s less about dissecting what went wrong but rather trying to find anything that went right!

BlackTron

Sony should just refund everyone who bought the game and go F2P. Not that going F2P will "save" it but no one should have to face paying for this game, even its biggest "supporters" who won't even be able to find a match soon.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The more these shitty games fail the more likely Sony ect will change there strategy, which hopefully be getting back to single player games, maybe the odd multiplayer game but 1 that wont be a in your face woke shit fest, give us a dark/military game.

Thata my reason anyway.
My point is that we all know the game failed, why keep talking about it.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

So fucking funny

I don't know when in time these clowns decided to change how to make games and try to cater to like what, 0.5% of the population worldwide, in the fear of being cancelled, again, movements almost artificially created by REEE crowds, journalists like Mercante, and Sweet baby inc, basically a business of putting fear into dev studios and then being the product that can help them.

This is the result.

Dustborn / Concord and the list will continue to grow.

Get fucked devs

Go back to making games you clowns

Top Bottom