• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

Bernardougf

So part of the problem is/was (at Xbox at one time so can only assume its still happening everywhere) these "Devs" can pretty much do and say what they want and so far these companies like Sony/Xbox fear stopping them over the inevitable backlash

There are deeper issues at play here when people wonder how games like this make it out the door
In this case the problem is bigger.. the devs were (bought/hired) by sony as a indiy studio ... someone went overthere, talked to this lunatics and decided.. welp.. thats success right here.

As you well said ... the issues are much more deep than just one woke shitty game.

Game seems to be struggling to break 200 players today. I wonder if it'll even go past that in the evening time.

If it's sub 300 in prime gaming time, yikes.

ssringo

A5UdLg5.jpeg
All goofs aside, what the hell is the *insert pronoun* on the left even playing? Is it something the devs made up based off a Guitar Hero controller or is it a legit real world instrument?

Bernardougf

All goofs aside, what the hell is the *insert pronoun* on the left even playing? Is it something the devs made up based off a Guitar Hero controller or is it a legit real world instrument?
Its not related.. but wtf is this later trend of normalizing obesity ? Damn wokies, been obese is not ok, its a sickness that will lead you to a younger death and shitty quality of life .... not talking about esthetics or body shamming, its about health it always was and always will ... this woke people are sick in their mind ... as a doctor I find this unacceptable...diabetes, blood pressure, heart diseases... you promote fatness you promote those.... sorry for the mini rant.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I think it’s a nonbinary instrument that’s somewhere between the drum machine <——> guitar spectrum.

Killjoy-NL

Not just Socom, Twisted Metal multi , TLOU Factions , an who knows how many other projects left behind.

What te hell were they drinking while deciciding Concord was the right option
pepsi-drink.gif
People really are dumb.

Concord was already in the works when they bought Firewalk.

Their own studios are occupied with different projects already and Sony didnt have any available studio for the franchises you mentioned, because they closed them as not enough people bought those games at the time.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just old, but the pic of the streamer seems to be a good pairing for this game
It's exactly the kind of person this game was designed for and that's the problem. These days, many studios are trying to cater to 2% of the population while neglecting or outright insulting the other 98%. That's not how business works. These companies would rather go bankrupt than stop pushing their agenda onto everyone.

Nydius

I mean...they are. The gameplay is good. I have yet to see someone says the gameplay actually sucks.
Sucks? No.

But there are plenty of people here and in the meager amount of critic reviews that point out the gameplay is mediocre. Not good, just passable. Nothing special. Nothing genre defining. Hardly the kind of praise that warrants spending the money to buy the entire studio.

Dictattor

Wait a month.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
Can someone explain to me why these so called journalists are going to bat for this game?

Is this shills we are seeing or something else?
They wanna keep getting free copies of games from sony + remember woke brownie points, on top many of professional journos are woke themselfs, all in all its obvious reviews cant be trusted nowadays.

Z O N E

The money spent on this game and studio, they could've funded a Bloodborne 60fps patch, remaster, remake or even a PC port and let modders handle it and I bet you they would've made at minimum 5 times what they spent on it.

They wanna keep getting free copies of games from sony + remember woke brownie points, on top many of professional journos are woke themselfs, all in all its obvious reviews cant be trusted nowadays.
Just commented on the Visions of Mana about reviews and how they aren't reliable at all these days as everything seems to be political. Even now companies are making harder and harder to get objective reviews, mainly from users, like how Rotten Tomatoes took out the review scores from users due to disparity between critics and user reviews, which they had to reverse a week later due to outcry from the community. Crunchyroll has disabled comments in its whole platforme to create a "safe and respectful" environment because people were shitting on a boys love show or something, instead of dealing with the people trolling they nuked the whole feature... It says a lot about how incompetent and unreliable all these platforms are.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Possibly, but they pretty much all agree gameplay is good.
Yeah, I don't get it. I don't really remember people saying the gameplay was a trainwreck. Most people said gun controls handle well. Can be a bit floaty in movement apparently. Most of the criticism seems to be the character designs, dialogue, art style, lack of campaign, being a hero shooter that's not f2p.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah, I don't get it. I don't really remember people saying the gameplay was a trainwreck. Most people said gun controls handle well. Can be a bit floaty in movement apparently. Most of the criticism seems to be the character designs, dialogue, art style, lack of campaign, being a hero shooter that's not f2p.
Add uninspired Modes and poor maps to your list.

So the only plus is the gunplay is just ok

*yes ive played more than 30 minutes and dislike it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A decent amount of games out there where the gunplay feels really good and they get many of those other things right whereas Concord feels they went out of their way to try and prove a point and fucked up

Killjoy-NL

Add uninspired Modes and poor maps to your list.

So the only plus is the gunplay is just ok

*yes ive played more than 30 minutes and dislike it.
There's always people who dislike a game.

Pretty much all criticism can be solved over time. That's how Gaas works.
Including character designs.
That's what I mean.

The core is solid, it's the rest that's the issue, but most can be fixed.

Having said that, they fucked up by going Woke.
Simple as that. Some just are irrational, in part because most didnt even play the game.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Watched the Skill Up review of this, and the story actually sounds... pretty good? The idea of space pirates being given free access to a paradigm changing bit of technology that puts them in direct opposition to an overbearing galactic federation has quite a lot of promise.

And they fucking ruined it on a p.o.s GaaS game full of fat ugly cunts. SMH.

Alebrije

The Game is failing because is a generic Gaas with charactacters that look like third tier enemy bossess.

The Gaas gaveyard is full of those games because Your Game needs to be great , unique to survive. Concord does not has anything that makes You move from Top tier Gaas games.

Sony should have invested that money on Socom as someone said or Even better a Bloodborne 5 vs 5 Gaas, at this moment any idea seems better than Concord.

clarky

Gold Member
There's always people who dislike a game.

Pretty much all criticism can be solved over time. That's how Gaas works.
Including character designs.

That's what I mean.

The core is solid, it's the rest that's the issue, but most can be fixed.

Having said that, they fucked up by going Woke.
Simple as that. Some just are irrational, in part because most didnt even play the game.

Just because the actual shooting is just ok doesn't make the core solid.

What makes you think the people that shat out these characters modes and maps can do any better than what they already have?

You can't fix it. It would be a completely different game.

Last edited:

dottme

With all the money still going in the marketing of this game, I’m going to start some conspiration theory.
Some Sony Exec got blackmailed by Sweet Baby or something like this.

With all the money still going in the marketing of this game, I’m going to start some conspiration theory.
Some Sony Exec got blackmailed by Sweet Baby or something like this.
They probably were already contractually obligated or had already paid for the marketing.

Edit: We'll see if it continues past a week or so when most of the marketing usually occurs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom