• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

BigBeauford

Why are people so obsessed with this game failing? It’s not even an important game, Sony announced it a couple months ago, it’s already ogre, so what.
concord-character-guide-star-daw.jpg

You got that right.

dottme

Why are people so obsessed with this game failing? It’s not even an important game, Sony announced it a couple months ago, it’s already ogre, so what.
I wonder how you’ve been all around the marketing campaign. There was regular video on YouTube from PlayStation. I’ve got a lot of ads on X and TikTok. The PlayStation app also promote the game. Multiple streamer got paid to promote the game on twitch.
ok, everything was bad and failed but it’s not like it’s a small game. Sony spent a lot of money on the marketing for it

PeteBull

Gold Member
It is still mindblowing that the game flopped so hard.

With Gollum it was at least understandable because the game itself was a pure almost disfunctional crap. But this one does not have specific technical issues or anything.

Yet it bombed hard.
It has many issues, just not technical ones, players actually can forgive tech issues if game excells in quality overall (vide recent example of wukong ps5 port) but if core of the game stinks nothing saves that train :p

Killjoy-NL

Popped into the Reddit and sounds like matchmaking for some modes is timing out due to low player count, even on PlayStation.

Guess the “it did substantially better on PlayStation” wasn’t all that substantial
Yesterday, Matchmaking took about 1.5+ minutes to get into a match of the competitive mode.

Weird thing is, once you get in and requeue from the post-match screen, you get into a new match within 5-10 seconds.

Though it was weird so kept an eye on the lobby, but it were different people all the time.
It's like there is some sort of queue to even enter matchmaking. Lol

Not saying this means the game doesn't have an extremely low player count, but it's worth mentioning.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm still seeing adverts on YouTube and twitch. What a mess.

I don't think anyone imagined it would bomb this hard. Like record breaking bombing.

Z O N E

Dipped to 117 now. I wouldn't be surprised if tonight's when it starts falling into double digits.

Won't be surprised.

I think the only reason why the numbers remained in the high 200s and into the 300s yesterday was because in the UK it was a Bank Holiday. Now that everyone is back to work, these numbers are going to keep dropping.

kubricks

It's not often the entertainment from the shitstorm of a launch far exceeded what the game itself can ever offer.
Not a lot of people are obsessed with it, and it is certainly not important at all.

It's just really fucking funny.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

This is a video games forum. This is easily the biggest failure of 2024, encapsulating everything that’s wrong with the video games industry at the moment, and underlining the greed of a major gaming corporation. Of course it’s going to get a lot of attention.

Dazraell

People will have some good entertainment out of it flopping and move on. A few months from now no one will remember this game has launched lol

KiteGr

It's it's Wokeness, and the ungodly amount of hatred around it.

People didn't like woke stuff. Rather than acknowledging, the mainstream media declared every one racist, sexist, homophobic and blocked them, and referred to the as "a vocal right minority". Being unable to speak and being called horrible names, especially when the majority of the people being called "extreme right" considered them selfs centre or normal left or even normies, made people increasingly angry.
lAQHRmQ.jpeg

After going to far with their narrative, dismissing or silencing the general public and destroying in the process every franchise nerds ever loved, the boiled anger is currently exploding. People who can't speak with words speak with numbers, and disasters like Concord are proof that we are not "the weird minority"! And an extreme left can be as bad as an extreme right.

Concord is a victim of such explosion.
An ultra woke game coming out at a time where people had just enough with being shoved woke stuff and being called names for not wanting them.
It's sad really, as the writing was on the wall a long time ago, but a project 8 years in the making can't change direction at the final hour.

Last edited:

Stu_Hart

Most gaming forums hardly have any good gaming discussion nowadays because people are more interested in arguing ideologies than gaming itself. In the past it was these lame fanboy wars, now it's about ideologies and taking imaginary stands. Let them argue, get mad with high blood pressure and rile each other up over these discussions, thinking that they are saving gaming in their minds. We have seen from many past examples that all of these arguments go nowhere. I don't really care either way as I am enjoying black myth wukong and other games to care that much about what people say, so that's my 2 cents on this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom