• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord episode of Secret Level going ahead in spite of game's cancellation

Draugoth

Gold Member
concord-secret-level-prime-video.jpg

Concord will remain in Amazon's Secret Level despite its sudden cancellation, IGN has learned from a source close to production.

Secret Level, a series of 15 standalone short stories featuring a host of video game properties, initially included Concord in its announcement during gamescom. Its inclusion was thrown into doubt by PlayStation's decision to take Concord offline, seemingly spelling the end of the troubled live service game.

Prime Video has yet to publicly announce whether or not it will remain in Tim Miller's anthology series, but IGN understands that the episode featuring Concord is indeed still slated to air this season.

Source

Denorion

It’s probably already done and paid for and they need to put out X number of episodes. I wonder how many of those weekly cutscenes got made that will never see the light of day.
From what was reported, all the content of season 1 and 2 was done, the devs were working on season 3, which was set to start in April
So around 30 weeks from now, assuming each cutscene ranged from 2 to 3 minutes length, probably something around an hour and half total

Last edited:

nush

Are the going to interview the devs and we'll hear how great they think the game is? This is going to be peak hilarity.

Kotaro

This is so sad

I don't know how Herman Hulst should keep his job much longer. I know he's just been appointed as Co-CEO for PlayStation, but he's in charge for the software/content of the platform and (probably managing the Western market) and so far his choices have been terrible.

Cut your losses Sony, get rid of this guy.

Go back to your Japanese roots, especially right now when Western market in shambles, Asian market is rising and single player IPs are making a comeback

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I cant believe it was included in the first place and how delusional sony were to think this game had the right to hang with those other heavy hitters!

Sony spent hundreds of millions on this game and wanted it to be their next big franchise. Even more than helldivers 2.

They are completely out of touch.

fatmarco

This is so sad

I don't know how Herman Hulst should keep his job much longer. I know he's just been appointed as Co-CEO for PlayStation, but he's in charge for the software/content of the platform and (probably managing the Western market) and so far his choices have been terrible.

Cut your losses Sony, get rid of this guy.

Go back to your Japanese roots, especially right now when Western market in shambles, Asian market is rising and single player IPs are making a comeback
Huh? A huge part of Playstation's success and identity from the jump was its great western games.

Going away from that doesn't bring it back to its roots, it's a move away from its roots (although you're right in the sense that it would seemingly be for the best lol).

nush

I cant believe it was included in the first place and how delusional sony were to think this game had the right to hang with those other heavy hitters!

Sony spent hundreds of millions on this game and wanted it to be their next big franchise. Even more than helldivers 2.

It's stealth marketing for the game. It's part of the millions spent.

Kotaro

He also brought 'us' Astro Bot.

Astrobot, a game developed by Team Asobi (with some members from Japan Studio, the studio he and Jim Ryan shut down?

They shutdown Japan Studio to chase after Western studios; Haven, Firewalks, etc; and the result is the biggest colossal failure in gaming history, what a fucking embarrassment

Don’t you dare giving Herman credit for Astrobot

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This is actually worrying lol.

They were so confident that they bought themselves into this show, made characters episodes of their own, released a controller, pretty much gave this game the push any of their heavy hitters get. Is it because Firewalks pedigree? I doubt it. They gave this the push because of DEI. They dun goofed.

Astrobot, a game developed by Team Asobi (with some members from Japan Studio, the studio he and Jim Ryan shut down?

They shutdown Japan Studio to chase after Western studios; Haven, Firewalks, etc; and the result is the biggest colossal failure in gaming history, what a fucking embarrassment

They should've looked at Capcom to see how that turned out.

Ovek

7Member7

I wonder how much scrambling the PS marketing department is doing right now. We all know Concord would have been all over the PS5 pro marketing material. 😂

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I wonder how much scrambling the PS marketing department is doing right now. We all know Concord would have been all over the PS5 pro marketing material. 😂

This!

They will be working over time to change up the entire presentation.

whyman

They will time this game having a 2.0 free to play launch around the airing instead. Or at least that is what I would do if I wanted to make some money of all the work put into it.

SkylineRKR

They will time this game having a 2.0 free to play launch around the airing instead. Or at least that is what I would do if I wanted to make some money of all the work put into it.

Launching a game and then having it up and running as well as putting continous workforce on it will cost money. More than they will recuperate. This game simply has no potential. Its a game by losers for losers, its tarnished. No one wants to play it.

Killjoy-NL

But they didn't shut down Team Asobi and greenlit Astrobot and Astro's Playroom.

Cyberpunkd

You are very brave to think they will completely overhaul something they worked on for 5+ years in 3 months.

Ozzie666

Can I expect them to deliver the message about how I am the one to blame because I didn't buy the game. Are they going to ignore the developers talentless comments, game not certain audiences? I have no idea if this show is going to a late to the party PR fest or some middle version of the truth? Are they going to call out the characters.. game play.. all the good stuff?

Hookshot

Gold Member
Sony had so little faith in Astro bot that they pushed it out a week after their latest Gaas. They expected their fans to be online 24/7 shooting pronouns at each other but instead they are flocking to their Mario clone to shake trees and find robo Ratchets.

The suits in charge have really lost a grip on what their fan base wants.

This episode will clearly be the most viewed, because of its failure.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Sony had so little faith in Astro bot that they pushed it out a week after their latest Gaas. They expected their fans to be online 24/7 shooting pronouns at each other but instead they are flocking to their Mario clone to shake trees and find robo Ratchets.

The suits in charge have really lost a grip on what their fan base wants.

This episode will clearly be the most viewed, because of its failure.
Imagine it being the opposite, pushing out Concord early as it would likely bomb, knowing Astro Bot would be right around the corner for a rebound.

Higher production value big guy has me going like:
jqUiG2i.jpeg

9d8NdK5.jpeg

What's up with his face? The edges make it look like he's wearing someone else's face as a mask, but that wouldn't make sense if you look at the eyes. Will it hurt when pulled or lifted? And why are his sideburns growing from underneath it while the hair on his chin is growing on it?

Top Bottom