• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord real open beta is live

StereoVsn

Certainly it will be interesting to see the player numbers this weekend.

135205i9B42EF54EDCA22A3.gif

//DEVIL//

I don’t want to be a number Sony can brag about having 1 million or whatever people playing the beta .

I don’t want to give them that . Let them shove that diversity of an ugly characters and game up their ass . Not gonna touch it

What a waste of bandwidth

Sony to me either go full on good single player games with plenty of unique IPs and Japanese games or get the fuck out . I am not supporting this shit and I hope it flops

Last edited:

Nydius

Haven’t tried the new mode yet but unless they made some significant changes in the last couple days, it really won’t change my overall impression which is:

Everything this game does, other games already do better, and many of those other games are F2P and/or have many years of content backing them up.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Good info.

Interesting that they view Kyps as a low skill, entry point kind of character. Lark for sure is, but I can't figure out how to get value out of Kyps at all. The game is a 4v5 while I try to flank in stealth and tickle the enemy with all my missed shots pea shooter. Will give that character some more time.

ManaByte

Gold Member
"FUCK BLIZZARD FOR MAKING OVERWATCH F2P!"

"FUCK SONY FOR NOT MAKING CONCORD F2P!"

People threw a fit when Overwatch 2 went F2P and review bombed it to hell. Now people are throwing a fit that Sony isn't making Concord F2P.

Make up your minds.

Last edited:
Would love to hear more impressions on actual gameplay and all the stuff you can do with it. Hopefully there's some layers of gameplay to keep things interesting.

Other than that the cast is fine, but woof they all need better skin variants. Your default look shouldn't have that hastily cobbled together in a day cheap cosplay flair to it.

Xtib81

The problem is not that the game is not f2p (see helldivers2), the problem is that the game is mid. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, and what it does has already been done better years ago.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

People threw a fit when Overwatch 2 went F2P and review bombed it to hell. Now people are throwing a fit that Sony isn't making Concord F2P.

Make up your minds.

My first presumption is that these are generally two separate audiences.

Nydius

Make up your minds.
The fact that you know this is an apples to oranges comparison but are attempting to disingenuously argue it anyway only shows you live up to your given username title.

You also know the issue isn’t just that it’s not F2P, it’s that, compared to existing F2P games, it’s like asking for GI Joes for Christmas and getting this in your stocking instead:

Y5cPVos.jpeg

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see how the narrative changes when the weekend passes and the numbers barely improve. 🙄
I don't care if it has 2k or 20k players. Just stating facts. I swear some of you people are just playing dumb because nobody can be that dense.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member

Make up your minds.
wasn't the review bombing coming from China controversy or something like that? + not delivering story content and MTX's, 5v5 drama as well.

ManaByte

Gold Member
wasn't the review bombing coming from China controversy or something like that? + not delivering story content and MTX's, 5v5 drama as well.

People were review bombing at release because of bullshit FUD that they believed they lost all their heroes and would have to buy them with MTX, when that was false.

And it's not an apples or oranges comparison. They're both 5v5 hero shooters. They originally sold Overwatch for $40. Making it F2P killed Overwatch 2. Now people are mad this isn't F2P.

Make up your minds.
No, people threw a fit when Overwatch 2 gutted all meaningful progression and most opportunities to keep getting free character skins, in favor of making the only real form of progression a paid battlepass. Overwatch 2 was in many ways an objectively worse product.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
No, people threw a fit when Overwatch 2 gutted all meaningful progression and most opportunities to keep getting free character skins, in favor of making the only real form of progression a paid battlepass. Overwatch 2 was in many ways an objectively worse product.

Again people are fucking hypocrites. They turned Overwatch into a $40 retail title with paid LOOT BOXES into a F2P game with the same monetization every F2P shooter uses.

Concord is a $40 retail title, without the Overwatch loot boxes.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
“It was a closed preorder beta!” (Ignoring that all preorders got multiple free keys to give away)

“It’s not the weekend yet!”

Can’t wait to see how the narrative changes when the weekend passes and the numbers barely improve. 🙄
“It’ll have long legs because of word of mouth”

“It’s because of COVID”

“It’s because of inflation”

“It’s because COVID is over”

“Racist CHUDs”

“The strong Japanese Yen”

“Jim Ryan”

“Hero shooter fatigue”

“It’ll take off when they make it F2P”

“Just wait for butch lesbian Mrs. Freeze”

Am I missing any?

Killjoy-NL

The fact that you know this is an apples to oranges comparison but are attempting to disingenuously argue it anyway only shows you live up to your given username title.

You also know the issue isn’t just that it’s not F2P, it’s that, compared to existing F2P games, it’s like asking for GI Joes for Christmas and getting this in your stocking instead:

Y5cPVos.jpeg
It also happens that as far as Gaf goes, most complaining about Concord also happen to complain about Gaas in general.

Firewalk's idiotic decision to make it Woke only acts as fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom