• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord Registers 1100 players on First Day of Open Beta (Steam)

YukiOnna

ultimate-bunny-the-first-descendant-.jpg

Vs

01_l_shiroko.png

Gonna have to disagree
Shiroko would stomp her

april6e

This is what I hate about what internet discourse has become. Everyone is rushing to doom a game by creating false information to suit their own narrative.

Steam numbers are low because the open beta hasn't started yet. All PS+ members get access to the closed beta (and a significant amount of PS5 owner are subbed because it's required to play most games online unlike PC where people aren't going to pay just to enter a closed beta) so effectively that platform is having a psuedo open beta right now. It's completely unfair to judge play numbers until the PC open beta starts next weekend.

Last edited:
You preorder to be in the early beta, good games have no problem filling servers with preorder invites only.

Its just my opinion but this is the type of game that gets people fired and a studio closed, servers are shut off inside 12 months

I see no other end to this, I hope the people working on the game start searching for something new before the inevitable end.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
A good narrative is something concord does not have.
The rebuttal would be...you read the first 2 pages of a 500 page novel and judged it.

I don't care about the narrative at all but it's very rare to care about a character after 7 minutes of story.
This is what I hate about what internet discourse has become. Everyone is rushing to doom a game by creating false information to suit their own narrative.

Steam numbers are low because the open beta hasn't started yet. All PS+ members get access to the closed beta (and a significant amount of PS5 owner are subbed because it's required to play most games online unlike PC where people aren't going to pay just to enter a closed beta) so effectively that platform is having a psuedo open beta right now. It's completely unfair to judge play numbers until the PC open beta starts next weekend.
There are very few people on the internet who are willing to have a real conversation about these topics. Hyper tribalism galore...which is boring.

The rebuttal would be...you read the first 2 pages of a 500 page novel and judged it.

I don't care about the narrative at all but it's very rare to care about a character after 7 minutes of story.

There are very few people on the internet who are willing to have a real conversation about these topics. Hyper tribalism galore...which is boring.
Concord's narrative is novel worthy. Got it.

🤣🤣🤣

Ozriel

M$FT
Its not an open beta...
This is 100% guaranteed lopsided because it requires a pre-order to play this beta on pc.

Wait until the open beta and see what happens.

There will be more people playing in an open beta for sure. But the real issue here is that the preorder-gated beta didn’t seem to have boosted game sales significantly. If Steamdb is accurate, Ranking on the Sales chart and wishlists aren’t great.

Opr3cYj.jpeg

Hopefully things pick up significantly when it’s open to everyone.

KXVXII9X

If they want me to care about these characters then they should have had an episodic single player mode to sideline with the multi-player.

1 hour back story campaign or something.

Otherwise I just sit there thinking, why am I supposed to give a shit about any these people.
I wish they did what Nintendo did with Kid Icarus Uprising. Have singleplayer be the main game but have your performance impact your multiplayer. I haven't seen a game handle both single player and multiplayer in that way and it to where the two modes felt connected.

TIGERCOOL

I couldn't even get the game to launch on steam. Fatal error every single time. Seems to be effecting lots of PC users. No official acknowledgement of the issue from the devs.

No, I'm just saying the criticism "Why am I supposed to care about these characters I don't know anything about" is kinda absurd.
No it isn't. This problem doesn't happen with other games. There's a reason to care about them because you get to play a part in their story.

In this, you're just lumped into a cutscene. No one gives a shit about cutscenes in multi-player games.

Salz01

Played on PS5. It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But not sure it’s going to last. Not sure what the point of progressing is. The item unlocks or charms are weak. It’s unlocking different colored clothes on already fugly looking characters. If anything it kind of makes me want to check out OW2 again to see what’s changed there.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
It's already dead.

Goodbye and good riddance. Shame on Sony for wasting time and money on this. Whoever was responsible for deciding to go ahead with it should be fired IMO, it's that bad.
Even this guy gets it. It’s as stupid a choice as Halo Infinite going open world.

Nydius

It's completely unfair to judge play numbers until the PC open beta starts next weekend.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 said it best one page ago when he wrote:

You preorder to be in the early beta, good games have no problem filling servers with preorder invites only.

He’s absolutely right. If the game had any kind of meaningful buzz or interest, these numbers would be much higher. Especially given Steam’s generous refund system. There’s literally no risk in spending $40 to try it and then refund if you don’t like it.

These low numbers say the game hasn’t driven much interest on PC. Why that is could be any number of things but, personally, I think it’s a failure of marketing. I haven’t seen it advertised or even really discussed much beyond the original State of Play release trailer.

Last edited:
This games claim to fame will be, it’s not as bad as Redfall.
i saw an interesting observation; with Redfall you had the green army hyping up the game as the next big thing, GOTY contender as such. I think the PS community is saying that Concord is fun or not as bad as people think. but definitively no one is hyping up Concord as a GOTY contender caliber game.

so, the bigger the expectation, the harder the fall will be.

Concord's flop is going to be quickly forgotten and drama free; a respectable attempt at GaaS just not memorable or ambitious, a complete lack of interest from the market.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
i saw an interesting observation; with Redfall you had the green army hyping up the game as the next big thing, GOTY contender as such. I think the PS community is saying that Concord is fun or not as bad as people think. but definitively no one is hyping up Concord as a GOTY contender caliber game.

so, the bigger the expectation, the harder the fall will be.

Concord's flop is going to be quickly forgotten and drama free; a respectable attempt at GaaS just not memorable or ambitious, a complete lack of interest from the market.
Well said.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
When I saw a green dude trying to deliver a heartfelt disney Esque monologue to a ships computer I knew this game was going to be a special multiplayer experience.

DOA.

Killjoy-NL

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 said it best one page ago when he wrote:

He’s absolutely right. If the game had any kind of meaningful buzz or interest, these numbers would be much higher. Especially given Steam’s generous refund system. There’s literally no risk in spending $40 to try it and then refund if you don’t like it.

These low numbers say the game hasn’t driven much interest on PC. Why that is could be any number of things but, personally, I think it’s a failure of marketing. I haven’t seen it advertised or even really discussed much beyond the original State of Play release trailer.
But you don't need a pre-order for the open beta.

Having said that, I pre-ordered just to get in the beta, because at the time I was under the assumption it was the only way to get in.

Boss Mog

I'm not downloading the beta on PS5 and neither is anybody in my crircle of friends. These devs made it pretty clear that they hated me for my skin color and they promote unconstitutional ideas. This game was already dead on arrival as a F2P game but with them having the audacity to charge 40 bucks for it it's pretty much already long buried on arrival.

Top Bottom