• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord Registers 1100 players on First Day of Open Beta (Steam)

How can you not notice it when it's the top right corner beside the character name, level, special ability box?

Honestly I do remember it from the screenshots posted here but when I played I completely forgot and I never looked up there. I just looked at the characters and picked the ones that looked interesting.

ManaByte

The topic name is misleading. It wasn't open beta. It was a closed beta only for pre-orders on Steam. Open Beta is tomorrow.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Ya. In the character select videos above it's said in the top right.

The funny thing is out of all the characters, he/him and she/her match up to what anyone would think in real life except for two.

- Mushroom head alien who seems to male is "undecided"
- Female with helmet (who resembles the butchy chick in Aliens) is "they/them"

And even more weird. Just for sake of pronouns, even the giant yellow robot character is labeled. lol

To be fair the robot ain't an issue, Optimus Prime is a He while Arcee is a She. People assign genders to things all the time in that respect.

Fungus dude is just a guy, Orks from 40k are the exact same, and yes just a guy with some shroom bits, they didn't even try. Along with She/they helmet chick it's just pandering to the mentally ill, who apparently make up 13% of the space population when in real life it's like 0.05% they would need a roster of 50 to potentially encounter 1, yet here they are twice out of sixteen, talk about represented.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The topic name is misleading. It wasn't open beta. It was a closed beta only for pre-orders on Steam. Open Beta is tomorrow.

I mean it wasn't just for people who preordered, regardless anyone that did got 4 free keys to give to friends, so it wasn't exactly closed either...

I imagine much of the keys people offered where turned down though.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To be fair the robot ain't an issue, Optimus Prime is a He while Arcee is a She. People assign genders to things all the time in that respect.

Fungus dude is just a guy, Orks from 40k are the exact same, and yes just a guy with some shroom bits, they didn't even try. Along with She/they helmet chick it's just pandering to the mentally ill, who apparently make up 13% of the space population when in real life it's like 0.05% they would need a roster of 50 to potentially encounter 1, yet here they are twice out of sixteen, talk about represented.
Over 1 billion Indian people in the world and nada. Unless the fat guy at the end of the video is an Americanized Indian.

The second most populous ethnic background in the world and cant even crack the top 16. Even Street Fighter II had one.

They'd rather dub in a giant yellow robot, green elf chick, mushroom alien dude and that pinkish synthetic android character. lol. So much for a game promoting representation.

Killjoy-NL

Over 1 billion Indian people in the world and nada. Unless the fat guy at the end of the video is an Americanized Indian.

The second most populous ethnic background in the world and cant even crack the top 16. Even Street Fighter II had one.

They'd rather dub in a giant yellow robot, green elf chick, mushroom alien dude and that pinkish synthetic android character. lol. So much for a game promoting representation.
Isn't Daw Indian though?

Edit"

Nvm you mentioned him.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

And how many of those own a PS5 and will pay for a game?

To put it into perspective about 100 million PS5 haves sold with an estimated 350,000 in India. The whole issue this game has is marketing to people who will not buy the game.

This would be fine if it was some indie art piece, but it wants to be the best big money making GaaS factory.

Last edited:

NickFire

Maybe. I pre-ordered the game, because I think it's a negligible price.

But if others feel differently, that's fine by me.
It's not my product sell.
I don't really disagree with the price point by itself. But yes, I do think it was a mistake to design the characters and presentation in the selected manner, which will narrow the potential audience, and then put up a paywall when they have to compete with F2P games as well. Narrowing the potential audience once - ok, sure, take a chance. But narrowing it twice is not something that makes sense to me. At least not on console.

Maybe. I pre-ordered the game, because I think it's a negligible price.

But if others feel differently, that's fine by me.
It's not my product sell.
I don't get the whining about the price. People pay 70 bucks for a 10 hour single player game or the same rehashed shooter, gridiron or soccer game every year but then when something comes along for 40 where you'd get the same amount of time out of it and they complain.

BlackTron

I don't get the whining about the price. People pay 70 bucks for a 10 hour single player game or the same rehashed shooter, gridiron or soccer game every year but then when something comes along for 40 where you'd get the same amount of time out of it and they complain.

If the metric is time spent playing then Genshin Impact should be $1000.

But our reality is one full of GaaS games that sustain themselves with MTX which is easier when the game gets your foot in the door for free. And given the norm it comes off as "altering the deal" like when you pay and still watch ads.

Easier to sell a $5 MTX to 100 people than a forty dollar game to a dozen people. Hence the model...

bender

What time is it?
How many robots and mushrooms own a PS5?
3a074c00-62df-4121-950c-748fd9a96b1a_text.gif

Alebrije

On a saturared market of Gaas Your Game needs to have something unique , different on gameplay. Concord has nothing that Will move people from Fortnite or Even Valerian

It's a copy of GOTG members/style.
Maps have the same generic stucture
Character habilities have the same generic gameplay
Weapons are the same than other games just with different skin
Special habilities are not good enought to hold the game

Performance looks fine , but this is what You expect from any game at lauch.

So honestly the woke /pronouns stuff would not be a Big topic if they Game had and original gameplay. So if they remove this the game still Will be a generic Gaas.

I know Sony was hungry to get Gaas but still don't get why pick this Game, its a waste of money and time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
On a saturared market of Gaas Your Game needs to have something unique , different on gameplay. Concord has nothing that Will move people from Fortnite or Even Valerian

It's a copy of GOTG members/style.
Maps have the same generic stucture
Character habilities have the same generic gameplay
Weapons are the same than other games just with different skin
Special habilities are not good enought to hold the game

Performance looks fine , but this is what You expect from any game at lauch.

So honestly the woke /pronouns stuff would not be a Big topic if they Game had and original gameplay. So if they remove this the game still Will be a generic Gaas.

I know Sony was hungry to get Gaas but still don't get why pick this Game, its a waste of money and time.
Or just make a game that has a big enough following of gamers at the start, so even a copycat kind of game can still do half decent sales on day one.

That new Delta Force game which had an alpha test a month ago is basically just a new version of a BF game. Unless it does something totally different than BF (didnt seem like it to me watching gameplay vids), it kinda seems the same to me. But it had lots of players and tons of wishlists on Steam. And the demo came out at a good time when the BF series has tanked lately.

Media companies dont always have to reinvent the wheel being grassroots creative geniuses. heck, look how many cops, lawyers and hospital shows theres been the past 40 years. Its not like every plotline are 100% different. Its a lot of the same shit of murder mysteries and emergency room drama. Like any other industry, you can make something good and get good sales just being a bit different, or come out at the right time. But when you put in lots of time, money, people power and the product at face value (without even playing or watching 1 second of gameplay) is an ugly game with pastel colours for a shooter and a motley crew of DEI-ish unlikeable characters in bad costumes and cringey one liners, that's one heck of a roll of the dice to get good sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom