• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord Registers 1100 players on First Day of Open Beta (Steam)

Killjoy-NL

I'm not downloading the beta on PS5 and neither is anybody in my crircle of friends. These devs made it pretty clear that they hated me for my skin color and they promote unconstitutional ideas. This game was already dead on arrival as a F2P game but with them having the audacity to charge 40 bucks for it it's pretty much already long buried on arrival.
What's funny is that the Woke crowd has felt exactly like how you are feeling rn.

Basically, you and your circle of friends have become part of the Woke and Cancel culture.

Quite ironic.

Fabieter

What's funny is that the Woke crowd has felt exactly like how you are feeling rn.

Basically, you and your circle of friends have become part of the Woke and Cancel culture.

Quite ironic.

Those woke people at the studios dont add anything meaningful to the game while driving the budget up like crazy. So if the "woke" part isn't forced and don't cost the non woke community more money through worse monetization than they can do the fuck whatever they want.

During a period in which we witness the numbers Helldivers 2 and TLD do, this really is a clear message to the developer sent by the audiences. They'll probably learn at some point that a PC audience is something else entirely than a console audience as well. Not so many free hooray zombies readily available to promote your product no matter how shitty it is.

Killjoy-NL

During a period in which we witness the numbers Helldivers 2 and TLD do, this really is a clear message to the developer sent by the audiences. They'll probably learn at some point that a PC audience is something else entirely than a console audience as well. Not so many free hooray zombies readily available to promote your product no matter how shitty it is.
But Sony's primary focus is Playstation, not PC.

SSfox

Sony got lucky they got the Hoyoverse triplets. Those are gonna help a lot to minimize the bleeding occuring by trashcans gaas like Concords and Destruction

Now they need to be very careful on what gaas games to invest in the future. Even if we haven't see anything about Factions 2 but I can bet this would have been miles away superior than this.

Yep along with the shitty agenda driven devs and the accompanying "consultancy" companies.

The rot is too deep within Sony at this point, even their single player games are infested with it, the last person within Sony who pushed back on the woke stuff was the Days Gone director, and they got rid of him and cancelled the sequel pretty quick.

I'm still waiting to find out if the only white person in the roster turns out to be the villain or not, I'd love to be wrong but it's all so fucking predictable.

Boss Mog

Quite ironic.
Your responses are still as stupid as ever I see. Complete nonsense and false equivalencies as always. Did any game devs speak out against black people, say that they didn't want black characters or that their games weren't being made for black people? No! Did any studios proudly announce that they would refuse to hire Black people? No! No studio has called for racist and unconstitutional actions against black people but plenty have done so against white people.

Also you don't even know what cancel culture is. Cancel culture is when you try to destroy an individual's life because they don't agree with you. You try to get them fired, you harass them constantly on social media or even at their home or place of business. It's the behavior of evil degenerates. Am I gonna do that? Did I say I was gonna do any of that, did I call for others to do that? No! All I did was exercise my freedom of choice and state that I wouldn't be spending any of my time playing this game and that people around me have expressed similar sentiments.

So if you're going to reply with such factually incorrect nonsense, maybe you should just stfu instead.

Kokoloko85

Quite ironic.
Yep, they are just as pathetic and moany as the woke side.
Cancel culture and cheering on for something to fail because they dont like the look of it is grade A loser shit

Last edited:
I get that and not sure but did PC give out 5 free codes for a preorder like ps was going to do before they just opened it up to all?

Regardless, I think this showed it did really poorly on preorders. Maybe really good word of mouth turns it around but I'm doubtful of that. Hell, I actually think it's pretty decent but I think that's a bad sign as I'm not really the target demographic for the game. Also from what I played, I wouldn't spend $40 on it.
Personally I don't think it had enough of a strong showing to even warrant any preorders. Screw that. Can't imagine they had a lot of people doing which might have led to them adding people on PS+ to play before the open beta.

All I know for sure is that I also wouldn't spend 40 bucks on it from just watching various clips of gameplay. "It's just ok" isn't nearly enough of what they need to not go the F2P route. Still going to root for them only because it sucks seeing any game doing poorly with studio closures still a threat.

Killjoy-NL

Your responses are still as stupid as ever I see. Complete nonsense and false equivalencies as always. Did any game devs speak out against black people, say that they didn't want black characters or that their games weren't being made for black people? No! Did any studios proudly announce that they would refuse to hire Black people? No! No studio has called for racist and unconstitutional actions against black people but plenty have done so against white people.

Also you don't even know what cancel culture is. Cancel culture is when you try to destroy an individual's life because they don't agree with you. You try to get them fired, you harass them constantly on social media or even at their home or place of business. It's the behavior of evil degenerates. Am I gonna do that? Did I say I was gonna do any of that, did I call for others to do that? No! All I did was exercise my freedom of choice and state that I wouldn't be spending any of my time playing this game and that people around me have expressed similar sentiments.

So if you're going to reply with such factually incorrect nonsense, maybe you should just stfu instead.
You even get as triggered as the Woke crowd.

Quite sad that you don't even see that people like you are acting exactly like them. Down to the hostility.

I take it not to many people want to give it a go with a robot that has pronouns? Looks like another Redfall debacle……..DOA.

Last edited:
But Sony's primary focus is Playstation, not PC.
Right now it still is. Why do you think everyone's gradually shifting to PC as a new source of revenue? That trend is going to continue, if not introduce a change in primary target platforms in the future. GenZ and younger want nothing to do with consoles.

I doubt sony will refund the people when they shut it down in a year.
What you won't play it enough in the year? Why do people think games should last forever? People pay 70 bucks for a 10 hour single player game but balk at paying 40 for a multiplayer game that they might get 20-30 hours at least out of it? Games are disposable, treat them as such.

Last edited:

Fabieter

What you won't play it enough in the year? Why do people think games should last forever? People pay 70 bucks for a 10 hour single player game but Bork at paying 40 for a multiplayer game that they might get 20-30 hours at least out of it? Games are disposable, treat them as such.

Yes when iam in the mood for a new round of that sp game I can do so in 10 years while the money I spend on the mp games vanished completely.

Iam glady buying sp fullprice games but mp games have to be f2p.

It has alot of shortcomings but for me the biggest is actually asking an upfront money for what they offer.

Yes when iam in the mood for a new round of that sp game I can do so in 10 years while the money I spend on the mp games vanished completely.

Iam glady buying sp fullprice games but mp games have to be f2p.

It has alot of shortcomings but for me the biggest is actually asking an upfront money for what they offer.
You're a clown. Even CS has had multiple iterations in the last decade. You can't expect every game to be running indefinitely.

Perrott

Sony closed Japan Studio to buy studios that make things like this? No comment
A game that seemingly plays well, runs well and looks well? Yeah, how bad.

What Keiichiro Toyama went on to make after he departed the Japan Studio (Slitterhead) doesn't do any of those three. Just think about it.

BlackTron

Quite ironic.

I try not to discuss this with friends and simply don't play games I think are dumb.

But I disagree that the "woke crowd" felt exactly the same way disenfranchised people feel now.

There are very big differences that I will refrain from discussing here.

Killjoy-NL

Right now it still is. Why do you think everyone's gradually shifting to PC as a new source of revenue? That trend is going to continue, if not introduce a change in primary target platforms in the future. GenZ and younger want nothing to do with consoles.
They need extra revenue to fund AAA gaming.

MS did what you say imply is the future and Xbox is dying.

Perrott

Funny that I actually paid for CSS and CSGO. Also why is Concord a rip-off?
I don't know, but people like him that now are declaring an unreleased game to be a rip-off because in their heads they won't imagine it lasting for over a year (in spite of its closed beta being well-liked for the most part) are largely the same individuals that six months ago were bitching about Sony shelving The Last Of Us Online over concerns of Naughty Dog's ability to support the game post-release over a long period of time and arguing that not all live-service titles should last forever.

If Sony ever announces a serious and gritty Killzone reboot, you can bet that this same "fanbase" will complain about how military shooters are generic, old-fashioned and lament that Guerrilla has regressed from being the Horizon studio back to their mid 2000s self.

You can never win with these people.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I try not to discuss this with friends and simply don't play games I think are dumb.

But I disagree that the "woke crowd" felt exactly the same way disenfranchised people feel now.

There are very big differences that I will refrain from discussing here.
They all act the same nowadays.

Frwrd

Good, fuck it.

Meme Reaction GIF

Luipadre

Gold Member
Or SOCOM

People will vote with their wallets, this will be a swing and a miss

Just amazing really this was green lit to begin with

And you can see the amount of money that was burned on this game too. Like it looks great, the mocap and animations looks great, but thats about it. It will do so badly on pc and maybe only slightly better on ps. PS extra game within 6 months

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And you can see the amount of money that was burned on this game too. Like it looks great, the mocap and animations looks great, but thats about it. It will do so badly on pc and maybe only slightly better on ps. PS extra game within 6 months
Couldn't agree more as its only chance at survival is being given away and hope people care enough to buy skins

If some are enjoying their time in it thats great for them, like a little over 200 people playing it in Steam and 500 viewers on Twitch

But people saying its a closed beta thats why numbers are low is kind of funny

If this game looked great and the majority of people thought it was going to be a banger then preorders would have been much higher

People are voting with their wallets and it shows

Bernoulli

M2 slut
It should have been free to play from the start and good marketing

Unless it's established ip or has big marketing GAAS that are not F2P don't do well

simpatico

Gold Member

Quite ironic.
Oh there is more context to that. Remember the thread "Pics of game developer studios in the past" ?

See on the one side, nothing is forced. No consulting groups. They just make the games and characters that they naturally want to make. The modern approach is much different. It requires checklists and a certain third party tone.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
There was like 20k earlier today. Times of day and whoever is streaming you know
You are right it depends on who streams because the big streamers their audience will watch them stream literally anything because once those streamers quit playing that game those people didn't look for other streamers playing it

I don't buy the time of day thing though when like 2000 other games had more viewers, its all about who streams it

Killjoy-NL

Oh there is more context to that. Remember the thread "Pics of game developer studios in the past" ?

See on the one side, nothing is forced. No consulting groups. They just make the games and characters that they naturally want to make. The modern approach is much different. It requires checklists and a certain third party tone.
Then again, imagine being unable to enjoy a game because some characters is a black gay female who uses pronouns.

There's a lot that can be said about the Woke vibe of Concord, but at some point you have to grow up and look past that.

It gets even worse because there already is a lot of backlash irt Sony investing more into guys.

Concord is basically a lot of spoiled gamers worst nightmare and the childish rants are becoming pathetic, tbh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom