• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord Registers 1100 players on First Day of Open Beta (Steam)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How many of those were the devs?

Man if only someone could've seen this one coming....

Wm4hBSS.jpeg

Victory

Might be a wee bit too early to be celebrating it's demise.
Ehh think it's pretty clear it's gonna bomb. I think it's a shame. I really don't think it's that bad a game from the beta. But the character design I feel like was just sooo off-putting to people, don't think it had a chance.

I also understand this is open, but only have a couple thousand at most preorder on steam is a bad sign. Doubtful it's much better in PS, seeing as they made it open there.

Ehh think it's pretty clear it's gonna bomb. I think it's a shame. I really don't think it's that bad a game from the beta. But the character design I feel like was just sooo off-putting to people, don't think it had a chance.

I also understand this is open, but only have a couple thousand at most preorder on steam is a bad sign. Doubtful it's much better in PS, seeing as they made it open there.
Pre-order beta is going to be relatively small. At least open beta July 18 should give a better idea on some interest. There's definitely some need and time to get some tuning in.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And why would you pre order a new IP like this before trying an actual open beta which this isn't. The success of this game depends on if it's actually good.
You preorder to be in the early beta, good games have no problem filling servers with preorder invites only.

Its just my opinion but this is the type of game that gets people fired and a studio closed, servers are shut off inside 12 months

Ronin_7

Not looking good, let's see next week

I've been playing and i think the game is great but hero shooters are not a hot topic anymore.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
With those numbers they’re likely on the phone with Tim Sweeney asking how much money they’ll get, if they make it a free giveaway on EGS.

Last edited:

LastBattle

Sony, release this in PS Plus and be done with it. It’s the only chance this has to get any sort of player base. Maybe Gamepass as well if Microsoft will have it.

unlurkified

It’s because it wasn’t inclusive enough.
Yep, they forgot to be inclusive of white people. I thought one of the whole reasons for diversity was to be able to have characters that look like the player.

If it was incidental, I wouldn’t mind, but knowing how deliberate these choices are makes it annoying.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Sony, release this in PS Plus and be done with it. It’s the only chance this has to get any sort of player base. Maybe Gamepass as well if Microsoft will have it.

This is what happened with Destruction All Stars iirc. Originally planned as a $70 game and was day 1 PS+. So still possible I guess.

It really should’ve just been f2p.

simpatico

Gold Member
I don't understand how slow it looks on PC. Is there not 1:1 mouse aim? All the PC footage I've seen looks like it's using a controller.

Why would I try out a beta of a Street Fighter game where every character in the roster is Blanka?...

There's no one in Concord I want to play as.
They all look very out there and eccentric, but not in a good way.

I'm not praying for this game to fail. I just don't understand why anyone would want to play it.

Gameplay wise, there are already games you can play out there.

Character wise, again, do you want sexy? Cool? Memorable? NO ONE in the cast fits the bill.
Personality wise, they are just dollar store Marvel.

There's no point to playing this game.
The name sucks too. Concord!
I wouldn't normally harp on the title of a game. But like... Overwatch. Apex Legends. Valorant.

These are arguably good, memorable names.
Concord is just... Bland.

Nydius

PlayStation players need a PS Plus subscription to play the beta

Just adding a slight correction to this: I don't currently have PS+ but because I got a preorder code from a friend back in Virginia, I'm still able to play it, even without Plus. I've gotten pretty good with Haymar, not to boast too much. Reminds me of a less spammy Junkrat from Overwatch.

And while I know this is a topic on PC, I want to add that despite having fun with it, the PS+ requirement is why I simply won't be buying it. I’m sure that’ll get some angry reactions but consider that the closest competitors to this game are (or will be) free to play and DO NOT require PS+ to play. It’s a hard sell for me to spend$40 for an Overwatch clone that ALSO requires PS+ to access when I can play similar games completely free, no PS+ paywall required. If it were $40 and didn’t require PS+, I’d buy it day one. I’m just done being extorted to pay for online on consoles, especially when there are competing games in the same genre that don’t require it.

Last edited:

M.W.

It's such a meh/forgettable game on PS5, and yes this is after playing it. It does not feel good using a controller, at all. Also, graphically not a fan. Nothing about this turd out corns another turd.

Pre-order beta is going to be relatively small. At least open beta July 18 should give a better idea on some interest. There's definitely some need and time to get some tuning in.
I get that and not sure but did PC give out 5 free codes for a preorder like ps was going to do before they just opened it up to all?

Regardless, I think this showed it did really poorly on preorders. Maybe really good word of mouth turns it around but I'm doubtful of that. Hell, I actually think it's pretty decent but I think that's a bad sign as I'm not really the target demographic for the game. Also from what I played, I wouldn't spend $40 on it.

As has already been mentioned, next weekend would be a better metric to go by. You need to pre-order on PC right now to get access whereas next weekend is open to all.

The game definitely has some things I would change or add but overall it's not that bad. Character designs might be a bit iffy but to be honest I don't even care so long as it plays alright which it does for the most part.

Saber

I think this number is generous, it should be lower. Have no emphaty for cringe piece shit games that that looks like cane from tiktok.
So long, until your next cringe GaaS.

Might be a wee bit too early to be celebrating it's demise.

Why though? Its a fucking free beta, no one is stopping people to download and play it lol

Last edited:

Aion002

Gold Member
The gameplay is good and the graphics are great, but the lack of waifus and husbandos might kill it.

If this game was f2p, had better looking characters and a shit ton of cosmetics for sale, it would be a huge success.

The Weeknd Max GIF by HBO

This game reminds me of Battleborn, cool gameplay with a terrible character design.

Last edited:
That...doesn't seem like a great start.

Of course, PS5 player base for the game could be much higher. But unless we get official numbers/data on it, that's just pure speculation at this point.

its not open beta on steam fyi, still bad but the game should be free to have a chance imo

Ah so you had to preorder the game on Steam to get into the beta, I take it? Yeah, that would naturally suppress player numbers.

Something the OP conveniently did not bother to mention. Sorry Draugoth Draugoth but you need to stop leaving out important info in your threads, they're worst off for it.

This is 100% guaranteed lopsided because it requires a pre-order to play this beta on pc.

Wait until the open beta and see what happens.

Personally not expecting the numbers to skyrocket a ton once it's open beta. By that I mean hitting modest or especially peak Helldivers 2 numbers. Open beta will probably tap out at ~ 50K on Steam, probably 2-3x that on PS5.

From the looks of things, unless there's extremely strong WOM the game will have decent launch sales but probably be a slog in sales after the first month. I think it'll probably do 500K-750K first month physical + digital (70:30 PS5/Steam), then have a very steep drop-off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom