• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord sold an estimated 25,000 units (10,000 on Steam, 15,000 on PS5)

Tams

Hopefully the game can find some success
Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Bashtee

Yeah, that game is dead. Probably trouble finding lobbies for the matchmaking unless they have bots to fill up.

Yeesh.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Good riddance.

Serves them right for chasing this live service trash.

Shouldve made a fucking SOCOM game with single player in it, you'd be laughing to the bank right now - Instead you chose to make a generic hero shooter and now you are in danger of fgoing out of business. Lmao.

You have some clearly talented individuals at your studio, you better pitch a proper SOCOM game real quick.

This boils down to lack of ambition. Lets make another hero shooter. Yay. Lol.
I mean socom is super generic aswell, third person military shooter, how original...

If you really want some war game then they should revive kz2 instead, 4k60 campaign and multiplayer.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine spending eight years of your life making this
Crazy.

At this time in 2016 PS4 Pro wasn’t even out yet. It’d be out soon.

And things like Switch, One X and Game Pass wouldn’t be out till the following year.

Googling it, Nintendo hadn’t even launched their first official switch trailer yet. That would come in October 2016.

Last edited:
As someone who is a PlayStation only gamer who gives a lot of support to Sony, they really deserve this catastrophic failure. The more of these soulless GaaS titles that crash and burn bloating the ledgers of publishers and platform holders with red ink, the better the chance we can get some people in charge of these houses that are willing to say "this isn't working" and return the industry to a more sane business model. Until that happens, we'll continue to be subjected to this garbage on a constant cycle

kevboard

I did not expect them to straight up take it offline tbh.

I expected them to just keep it running until they turned it into a free 2 play model behind the scenes and then release that free 2 play update as a big new season or something.

I expect now that they still will do essentially that, but on maybe even a more elaborate scale, with more changes than just a free 2 play model.

the game needs a signature game mode. Something that stands out, is fun and actually needs team work (which at least in the beta seemed optional in all modes)

it would also not hurt to literally redesign all characters. maybe even replace some of them entirely

Just a spectacular failure on all fronts. The bean counters at Sony really fucked up because this should have been canceled over a year ago.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Just a spectacular failure on all fronts. The bean counters at Sony really fucked up because this should have been canceled over a year ago.
Was it arrogance, greed or both? The game wasn't well received but they didn't need egg on their face from this. Other companies have cancelled projects but they pushed on and now they've subjected themselves to ridicule and more importantly much more intense scrutiny towards their future games.

They have to be praying that Astro Bot gets 9 and 10's to bounce back quickly and look competent again.

Thaedolus

I like to think I’m pretty dialed into gaming news and the only thing I know about this title is how much it flopped

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I was working on a game some time ago, put out a demo and got five bucks as donations.

Crazy to think my profits are better than those of AAA first-party game. :goog_relieved:
There's old stodgy products at my company that are so obscure and forgotten, some of the account managers dont even know those products are under their responsibilities until I ask them about it.

Some of this stuff sticks around, never goes on sale, sells poorly, and it's so crusty it hasnt had it's packaging updated in probably 20 or 30 years. It looks like something from the 90s.

Even some of this shit in limited store distribution and store count can sell 1,000s of units on pure luck and oldtimer customers who still know about it.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
their Concord controllers might have generated more profit than the game itself

Top Bottom