• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The division is really on the Tropics, so México is both North America and Central America.
Mexico is not Central America. Not ever.

Americans love to put Mexico in Central America because they like having an easily remembered term that groups countries south of their border but it's geographically and politically wrong. USA, Canada and Mexico don't have a North American Free Trade Agreement with that name for nothing.

If you want a term that groups everything south of the US border that is not wrong? Just use Latin America.

I love Romero. I remember before the last World Cup when I was praising him and people on GAF said he sucked. Dude is world class. Amazing save.

Also, Mexico is North America and we recognize it as such. That's why US Northern Command partners with Mexico militarily, and not Southern Command.

Dude. Not even the miserable Gold Cup gets rotated in Central America. It's been played in the US with a few times Mexico hosting. Don't even dream about Copa America being hosted in Central America, I'm sorry.

This is not me saying I don't want it. This is me saying it won't happen.

Think bigger all..with a bigger tournament you may get joint hosts (Panama/Costa Rica ! Also i was thinking Costa Rica can possibly handle it on its own?

Why am I getting the impression several people were implying Mexico is Central America. It's part of North America!

Just alternate between US, Argentina, and Brazil. Those are the only countries big enough to reliably host.
You should know Mexico has newer stadiums that check all the FIFA modern requirements for hosting a major event than Argentina.

Mexico could host the shit out of a Copa America. Easily.

I love Romero. I remember before the last World Cup when I was praising him and people on GAF said he sucked. Dude is world class. Amazing save.

Also, Mexico is North America and we recognize it as such. That's why US Northern Command partners with Mexico militarily, and not Southern Command.

People love to fellate Caballero.

Daaamn, Venezuela will regret so much that stupid second goal.

They are showing they can really score anytime. But 2-0 in favor of the Ches it's too much, I think.

Think bigger all..with a bigger tournament you may get joint hosts (Panama/Costa Rica ! Also i was thinking Costa Rica can possibly handle it on its own?

Why am I getting the impression several people were implying Mexico is Central America. It's part of North America!
Like I said. Panama/Costa Rica don't even have a chance of hosting the worthless Gold Cup. What makes you think they have a chance with this bigger Copa America? There's no chance.

Oh and it's not an impression. If I had a nickle for everytime an American told me Mexico is in Central America id be rich.

Panama? Costa Rica? With what stadiums? The FIFA requirements aren't even all that strict but still, there are very few nations in the Americas which have the appropriate stadiums and facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom