• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinho: "with all due respect, Paraguay isn't one of the best teams. We could have won this."

With all due respect, Brazil sucks. Fuck Dunga

FootballFan

anyone can do a gif about ribeiro penalty? what a weird penalty

BhYv2Yj.gif

qkC51yK.gif

AAiCTMO.gif

GIFs created by Dark_Prinny

They just did. 3 matches out.

I think it's fair. I hope they sanction uruguayans too, if they are really interested in giving a message about fair play (not having high hopes since I think this is a circus, but I'd like to be proven wrong).

Caturro

Sampaoli has been preparing Monday's game without Jara since Wednesday. I also think the 3 game ban is fair, time to move on and as famous (or infamous) as Jara has become he was never an essential part of this team.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
With Brazil out, Argentina is the runaway favorite now. None of the other 3 teams are better than Argentina, it's the closest this current generation has been of winning a title.

Why the fuck does Argentina-Paraguay kick off at the exact same time as USA-Germany?

FIFA cant coordinate with FIFA?

Not even a 60 minute difference between kickoff????

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That's not what US television ratings are showing.

Also, I'm assuming Copa America is big in China, based off the ads on the field.

Guess what other tournament China loves?
This sounds cool and all, but the main market for Copa América are the South American countries. Football has generally been considered a macho sport in most of Latin America.

1. This tournament is organised by CONMEBOL, not FIFA.
  2. Very few countries care about women's football.

On top, the only American team left in the WWC is the US, which the collective of the Spanish-speaking countries in the continent don't care.

Hence, they just throw the game at the best possible slot.

On top, the only American team left in the WWC is the US, which the collective of the Spanish-speaking countries in the continent don't care.

Hence, they just throw the game at the best possible slot.

The schedule was decided a very long time ago.

Again, how is scheduling with a 60 minute kick off differential a bad thing?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The schedule was decided a very long time ago.

Again, how is scheduling with a 60 minute kick off differential a bad thing?
Move it another hour and that would mean the game starts at 9:30 PM local time. Assuming it goes into penalties, people would be leaving the stadium around midnight. On a Tuesday night.

Move it another hour and that would mean the game starts at 9:30 PM local time. Assuming it goes into penalties, people would be leaving the stadium around midnight. On a Tuesday night.

In south America?

No.

Copa libertadores games kick off at 10pm!

Also you could start one thirty minutes earlier and one thirty minutes later

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
In south America?

No.

Copa libertadores games kick off at 10pm!

Also you could start one thirty minutes earlier and one thirty minutes later
People who attend the Libertadores matches are usually more hardcore
barra brava
than the kind of people who attend national team matches, to be fair.

Caturro

Dinner in south America is 9pm. Concerts sometimes start at midnight. It's a very different culture

The simple answer is people don't care much for Women's World Cup is South America. The coverage has been next to non existent, so there's no reason to accommodate for a tournament that no one cares about. If some of the sponsors had found the schedule conflicts problematic I'm sure we would've seen changes but it seems that wasn't the case.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
So the ref from Chile-Uruguay is going to be officiating Argentina-Paraguay. why
He was a really bad referee, he tried to control the match and it escaped his hands. Cavani should have gotten a red card at the first yellow, when he attacked the line man. Clear red not sanctioned.

He should also had sanctioned the CRIMINAL kick to Vidal, by Arevalo Rios at the end of the first half; a yellow at least; he was 1 meter from the play, but chose to do nothing.

He let Uruguayan players kick the Chilean players (because they went and kicked everything that wasn't a ball) the whole match, and he lost control of the match.

At least seven Uruguayan players should be banned from the first few qualification matches for the world cup, for attacking referees.

This is what a bad referee can do. Good referees sanction early, and don't tremble by the pressure.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@ESPN_JorgeRamos

Conmebol reduce sanción Jara de tres a dos partidos, podrá disputar la eliminatoria mundialista

soooo how long until they reduce Cavani and Neymar's sanctions too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom