• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA EURO 2024 |OT| Es Kommt Nach Hause

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
09565DFC-0DEC-47DD-94E8-C38916F8E090.jpg
I know I'll check social media tomorrow and it'll still be a load of miserable cock eaters asking for him to be sacked

FeralEcho

Looking at their performance tonight I'll have an avatar bet on that
Yeah if they play like today or even better I think we are in for a wild game! And here's the thing...England has the talent, it's just before today they all played like they were constantly thinking if they left the stove on... Today was the first time I saw this team unshackled so hopefully on sunday we see more of this agressive style.

Laptop1991

I don't mind getting beat as long as we attack Spain and not do what England did against Italy last time, also i've been wanting Southgate fired for ages lol, he's must have a lucky charm or something lol.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Im glad I put my faith in the team and booked annual leave. The beers will be flowing on Sunday!
Same here, I was thinking of the wife.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'll be ratted. Although she probably will be Saturday night, we've got a leaving do with a load of mates

So Sunday she'll be hanging, I'll be tipsy, and England will WIN! :messenger_bicep:

..Everyone here suffers Monday somehow regardless :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ice cold:

For the none-Brits, Mr Brightside is an anthem that is universally beloved and is played in pubs and clubs up and down the country and is sung by everyone when it comes on. Might be the same in America, I don’t have a clue.

Last edited:

Fret Runner

No extra time
Another performance step up
Looked pretty dominant
Great subs that won it.
Happy Feel Good GIF

Fell off a bit in second half but still looked the better side overall.

Kane needs to come off sooner if Southgate insists on playing him. Dude just looks lifeless out there unfortunately.

Man that feeling of belief that we can finally do this. Regardless that Spain will be our biggest test and favourites, I still believe we can do this.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
No extra time
Looked pretty dominant
Great subs that won it.
Happy Feel Good GIF

Kane needs to come off sooner if Southgate insists on playing him. Dude just looks lifeless out there unfortunately.

Man that feeling of belief that we can finally do this. Regardless that Spain will be our biggest test and favourites, I still believe we can do this.
My thoughts exactly. Down to a T 👌

Portugeezer

England haven't won anything in a long time. It's ok for them to win... If not for the nightmares of "it's coming home" over and over and over....

PaintTinJr

No extra time
Looked pretty dominant
Great subs that won it.
Happy Feel Good GIF

Despite the early ETH management styled counter-attacking goal by Netherlands, them making a double substitution at just 35mins in told its own story of how hard they were finding it against Mainoo, Foden and Bellingham in our midfield to get any type of control or possession.

It was arguably the first time in the tournament that a team setup with genuine belief that they could best this England squad going toe-to-toe, rather than setup to frustrate and win on lapses or counter-attacks.

For tomorrows game it will be interesting to see which England and Spain performances turn up. Spain had to qualify against Scotland to get to the EURO's and despite losing and winning from the two fixtures, it arguably should have been a loss and a draw IMO, and yet in the most recent England Scotland fixture - with similar play styles - Scotland were well and truly 2nd best in every area against this super talented crop of expensive England players.

So on that basis the idea that Rodri will run the game for Spain against England, like he orchestrates so consistently for City might not transpire if those three England midfielders I previously listed all bring their A game, again.

Which ever way the game goes, hopefully it is a brilliant attacking expansive game of football....come on England :)

Last edited:

T8SC

IT'S COMING HOME TODAY!!!

***England 2 - 1 Spain***

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Guehi - Shaw

Rice - Mainoo

Saka - Bellingham - Foden

Kane

I think Shaw will start now that he's had two games from the bench to get up to speed. I think Kane will start and depending on how the game's going/how he's performing, will be replaced at around 70 mins for fresh legs.

PaintTinJr

Watch as a 17-year-old obliterates a lot of dreams today.
I think it depends on the type of game.

If it plays out like a CL or La Liga fixture then yes I could see him running rampant, but if it plays out like a Prem league fixture I expect him to go missing, and then get withdrawn in a prolonged period of England midfield dominance. 17year old players without a young Wayne Rooney's attributes or a young Owen's acceleration, speed and turning arc need longer to handle the greatest demands of Prem football IMO.

Fret Runner

For the first time since the Last euros I think I may have to go buy some beers.

Got a beef wellington to enjoy before the game so that’s some English nosh to match the mood.

We can do this.
Channelling my inner Piccolo again.
iu

Alcaraz won Wimbledon and if Spain wins the Euros this day can be the Spaniards' day of dreams.

Hoping for a great game even though Spain got a lot more sympathy from me because they played the most beautiful football of the tournament and England only played 45 minutes of decent football.

Last edited:

T8SC

England starting 11:

FB-IMG-1720979624255.jpg

I got it bang on! :messenger_sunglasses:

IT'S COMING HOME TODAY!!!

***England 2 - 1 Spain***

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Guehi - Shaw

Rice - Mainoo

Saka - Bellingham - Foden

Kane

I think Shaw will start now that he's had two games from the bench to get up to speed. I think Kane will start and depending on how the game's going/how he's performing, will be replaced at around 70 mins for fresh legs.

Let's finish the job!! Come on England! 🦁🦁🦁

Top Bottom