• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costume Quest |OT| of Tricks, Treats, and Adventure

Jme

1248219fc3ab.png
1248219fc3cd.png

Platforms: PSN, XBLA
Price: $15, 1200 points
Release Date: October 19 (PSN), October 20 (XBLA)
Developer: Double Fine
Genre: RPG Adventure
Synopsis: In this epic halloween adventure, you play as Wren or Reynold, twin siblings, out for some trick or treating. When your twin is kidnapped, it is up to you to save them! Explore the Auburn Pines Suburbs, Autumn Haven Mall, and the Fall Valley carnival, as you complete quests, grow your party with other kids, battle monsters, and use the special powers of your costumes, all while collecting tons of candy of course!

1248219fc425.png

Monster Battle Gameplay
Robot Boost Gameplay
Giant Bomb Quick Look

1248219fc543.png

1248219fc591.png

1248219fc5a7.png

1248219fc48d.png

1up - A-
Game Pro - 4.5/5
Giant Bomb - 4/5
IGN - 7.5/10
GameSpot - 7/10
GameInformer - 6/10
Joystiq - 4/5
EuroGamer - 8/10
Wired - 8/10
MetaCritic Average - 75

1248219fc40c.png

Official Site
Facebook
Twitter

Happy Halloween!

my gf and I will both be fighting over who gets the TV to play this, we're both ungodly excited for it. Day 1 abso-friggin-lutely

Can't wait for this, hopefully this will satisfy my childhood Halloween memories since this year (like the last many many years) Halloween will just be another day for me.

A great little title to complement all the huge Q4 retail stuff for sure.:D

Xater

SolidSnakex said:
The PSN version releases on the 19th.

Only in the US though. PSN updates in Europe are on Wednesday.

I am actually suprised by the date. I did not know that it will be released next week already. Day 1 of course.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Whoah, its out already? If I owned a PS3 or 360 I'd be there day one, as is if it ever gets PC release I'll grab it.

Also, the carnival is selling Meat Cones? It wouldn't be a ...meat circus, would it?

IT HAS A WHEELIE BUTTON!!!

I declare that an ungodly amount of awesome. Stupid wheelie shoes only hitting after I grew up. Now I get my very own pair to zip around with :D

Calling it now, the special / secret boss is a stomach ache! (or maybe a toothbrush)

Tadale

I really can't wait for this game, especially after reading that quote from Tasha Harris where she cites Earthbound as an influence for the game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm all over this when it comes out. I love Double Fine, and the premise alone hooked me.

Darkgran

Next week is going to be fantastic. With this and Fallout New Vegas dropping next week I'm a happy camper. I might put Fallout New Vegas on hold just to play this. I am that excited for it.

I love gaming.

momolicious said:
I wish they would comment on the length. I really hope it isn't a 2 hour game

It's going to be a small thing. I would say the length of one of the Penny Arcade games, judging from production time and scope of the project being what it is.

Koomaster

You don't know how badly I need a meat cone!

Been hyped for this the past two months, only one more week to wait. I'm very excited as I love Halloween! ^_____^

After Brutal Legend, I swore I'd buy any Double Fine game sight unseen.

Costume Quest will be mine. Oh, yes. It will be mine.

Volcynika

I need to find some ungodly time to play this

I am ungodly excited for this.

My excitement levels for this game are at an ungodly level. Can't wait to play it

my gf and I will both be fighting over who gets the TV to play this, we're both ungodly excited for it. Day 1 abso-friggin-lutely

I declare that an ungodly amount of awesome. Stupid wheelie shoes only hitting after I grew up. Now I get my very own pair to zip around with

GAF needs some new words to describe things! :p

Looking forward to it, but may have to wait to pick it up.

notworksafe

Atheist-GAF is clearly into this game...makes sense since it's about the Devil's holiday.

Seriously though, this looks awesome and I can't wait to play it!

I hope there is a new game plus and secret bosses to find

I'd hate to beat the story and not have anything do other than collecting. This seems like a game I really want to sink a lot of time into

bjork

I watched the quick look on this, and I wish I had a way to be on XBLA or PSN so I could play this. No chance of a PC version, I'm guessing?

So this is a turn based RPG?

Four party member characters to control at once?

Never heard of this game but now I'm excited for it. Looks good.

DaBuddaDa

Volcynika said:
GAF needs some new words to describe things! :p

Looking forward to it, but may have to wait to pick it up.
I ungodly edited my ungodly post because the two people below me both said ungodly at the same time :lol

Yup, add me to the day one sales list. I've got my 1200 M$ points at the ready. I hope there are secret costumes that have yet to be revealed. The official website already reveals a good number.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I might buy this if the reviews are good, I like the demo, and its pretty long. :D

Top Bottom