• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costume Quest |OT| of Tricks, Treats, and Adventure

Corto said:
Where's the ungodly demo available?

I think he was more saying that he'll buy the game based upon three factors: 1) good reviews, 2) he likes the demo, and 3) it's a long game.

I'm buying the game on blind faith in DoubleFine. I'll be happy with a quality 4-5 hour RPG for my $15 space bucks.

There will be a demo on PSN but it'll be released alongside the full game. There should be a video demo on the PSblog soon though as Tasha mention on there that she and Tim visited the PS HQ to demo it recently.

Corto

Reluctant-Hero said:
I think he was more saying that he'll buy the game based upon three factors: 1) good reviews, 2) he likes the demo, and 3) it's a long game.

I'm buying the game on blind faith in DoubleFine. I'll be happy with a quality 4-5 hour RPG for my $15 space bucks.

Thanks! Now I understand... :D

Zero-Crescent said:
For those who haven't seen it yet, this is definitely worth watching, as this video devilishly convinced many in the quick look thread that this game is worth checking out.

I think that the first battle convinces everyone to buy it.

Bob Tampinha said:
20100827-n3jk3j27ysj4swck5m4t9fg9yk.jpg

i second your idlethumbs meme and will follow it by saying not even a space asshole with a hammer can stop me from playing this game

Ricker

Zero-Crescent said:
For those who haven't seen it yet, this is definitely worth watching, as this video devilishly convinced many in the quick look thread that this game is worth checking out.

Yep that did it for me...getting Arcania and Fallout next week but i`ll be buying this also,loved the way it looks and plays and all =)

Crazetex

Considering Square-Enix hasn't used Dresspheres again, I suppose this will do for sating my costume-battle-clothes RPG desires.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I wonder how long this game will be...? The combat system looks okay, I wonder how long battles will take and how difficult and complicated it will become.

Zero-Crescent said:

Yep this wasnt on my radar until i watched the quick look. Day one for me it looks so fucking good.

Hela

momolicious said:
shouldnt there be reviews now
Giantbomb's going to have one this week, other sites will probably as well.

edit:
Oh, it's coming out this week, a thought it wall still a week away... I guess we'll se the reviews tomorrow then.

I'm based in the UK but I can easily create a US PSN account. I really want to download this today - as I know I won't have nearly as much time to play it tomorrow - so I was wondering is there a quick way for me to get hold of a PSN voucher code. Does any US-based site sell codes and just send you the details via email, perhaps (like ShopTo in the UK)?

Hero of Canton said:
I'm based in the UK but I can easily create a US PSN account. I really want to download this today - as I know I won't have nearly as much time to play it tomorrow - so I was wondering is there a quick way for me to get hold of a PSN voucher code. Does any US-based site sell codes and just send you the details via email, perhaps (like ShopTo in the UK)?

Video games plus sell canada cards, however mate by the time you get the card number and the store updates you might aswell wait for uk store.

Yuripaw

Banned
I am really stoked to get this game myself. I hope it's a decent length, even though it's only $15, I like my RPGs to have some substance to them. I really like the art style though, and the whole concept behind this game, and I hope it's as fun as it looks.

I can't decide if I should get this on XBLA or PSN. Occasionally I'm a sucker for achievements, and trophies don't have the same feeling of prestige when you unlock them because they're such a hassle to even look at sometimes. I hate the syncing load times when I try to look at a friend's trophies.

Jme

h3ro said:
I wonder if there is an option to get rid of the borders that frame the battle sequences.

I don't think so, there are effects that go along with it (example, the border shakes during the robots missile barrage) - I doubt it will bother you once you get used to it

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No reviews yet?

last night I get text from my wife while she is at work and it says..

"you should download costume quest"

This is coming from someone who knows almost nothing about video games, how she heard about it I don't know but I told her I was already planning on it. :D

Denzar

Will buy on XBLA. That's tomorrow, right?

Also, you guys have amazing wives. My GF tried LBP for like 5 minutes and got tired of it.

I gotta beat Star Successor tonight so I can dive into CQ tomorrow fresh. I'll probably step aside and let the lady play instead though, I don't mind being the navigator

snap0212

I’m so hyped for this game. I really hope the US PSN Store updates early today (notgonnahappen.gif) so I can play it before I go to bed. I already loaded 50 bucks onto my PSN Account. Can’t wait!

Top Bottom