• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silex

Caved in, and bought it for myself and all my friends to play. Feels good man

DVzWn.png

Randdalf

Have any of you guys gone through the Weapons Course yet? There's a little timed challenge mode at the end with a par time of 35.2 seconds. I didn't actually manage to beat that (because I'm generally bad at CS) but some of my friends managed to get ~26 seconds on it. What's your best time?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Have any of you guys gone through the Weapons Course yet? There's a little timed challenge mode at the end with a par time of 35.2 seconds. I didn't actually manage to beat that (because I'm generally bad at CS) but some of my friends managed to get ~26 seconds on it. What's your best time?

I just did it once and got a little over 40 seconds because I was playing sloppy.

Minamu

Man, it was good coming back :D Played for an hour after apparently only testing the beta for 19 minutes. I only played some classic casual but it was a blast. Kinda hard to get back into rhythm and accepting the difficulty curve but so far it's been great. Great price too.

garath

finally got to play last night. Only ran some bot games just to get a feel for it and adjust my config but it felt good. Real familiar. I was pretty competitive in CS:S and am already enjoying CS:GO.

I need to do something about that crosshair though. It's not really working for me. And I need my buy scripts back. The radial menu annoys me.

demolitio

It's hard to get this knowing I lost $25 do to some friends which was unexpected so I feel obligated to cut a gaming purchase. Beta was fun though, even if it had a really rocky start.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy crap are you kidding me with this trophy list, Valve? Some of these seem pretty situational/luck based. :/

TheSeks

Those are all incredibly easy. Ridiculously so.

Rampage!
Win an Arms Race match without dying

The Cleaner
In Classic mode, kill five enemies in a single round

I dunno, man. Maybe I just suck at the traditional one-life-to-live/CS modes, but those seem like they're going to be impossible to get. :/

5 vs 5 seems bit suspicous, and the Valve support for consoles is one other thing what bothers a bit about the future updates for this release...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I assume it's 5v5 because every bullet fired in the game is a physics calculation and, even on a heavily-overclocked PC, firefights cause a relatively large framerate dip.

Edit: Or not -- apparently, the game doesn't render ejected bullet shells like its predecessor.

5 vs 5 seems bit suspicous, and the Valve support for consoles is one other thing what bothers a bit about the future updates for this release...

Huh? Why does 5v5 seem suspicious to you? It's typical for a CS game. Valve's support for consoles has been ruined by limitations put in place by MS/Sony.

FinKL

Rampage!

The Cleaner

I dunno, man. Maybe I just suck at the traditional one-life-to-live/CS modes, but those seem like they're going to be impossible to get. :/

You can play against Easy Bots...

I even changed the cvars in Arms Race to make all weapons AWP because I wanted awp practice and I still got achievements (I think at least)

Booter

I'm buying this on PC today. really enjoyed the beta, nothing to complain about.

really confused about all the whining/negativity in this thread.

JaseC

Huh? Why does 5v5 seem suspicious to you? It's typical for a CS game. Valve's support for consoles has been ruined by limitations put in place by MS/Sony.

It's typical for a war match, yes, but not for public games. Ideally, the console versions should support a player count of up to at least 16 (8v8).

TheSeks

You can play against Easy Bots...

I even changed the cvars in Arms Race to make all weapons AWP because I wanted awp practice and I still got achievements (I think at least)

There's bots in the console release? And able to change the cvars in the console release?

garath

I'm buying this on PC today. really enjoyed the beta, nothing to complain about.

really confused about all the whining/negativity in this thread.

Well it seems like you have some strongly competitive CS 1.6 people that feel like it's not 1.6 enough. You have some Call of Duty type people that think the graphics suck. You have some CS:S custom map junkies that feels like there needs to be more custom map/mode goodness and you have a small group that never played Counter Strike before and wonder a) where the vehicles are and b) why it's hard to kill people.

That might sum it up? :) (ps, all of this is tongue in cheek)

I got the same message. It's just a warning that you won't get a beta voucher to send to a friend. The actual game shows up in my library list.

TheExodu5

Banned
Rampage!

The Cleaner

The Cleaner should be easy. Rampage! will be near impossible though.

I assume it's 5v5 because every bullet fired in the game is a physics calculation and, even on a heavily-overclocked PC, firefights cause a relatively large framerate dip.

Bullets in CS are hit-scan. No physics calculations necessary. It hasn't been my experience that firing weapons doesn't drop FPS at all. Grenades, and smokes? Sure.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Rampage!

The Cleaner

You can get them in bot games, I got The Cleaner when I was testing some stuff.

Addnan

Went ahead and bought it. Should I be downloading the beta to play it later today? Don't see a install option on the main game.

TheSeks

You can get them in bot games, I got The Cleaner when I was testing some stuff.

Again: There's bots on consoles? I haven't seen a FPS feature bots outside of Black Cops 1 on consoles in AGES.

Went ahead and bought it. Should I be downloading the beta to play it later today? Don't see a install option on the main game.

No. Beta application is different from the final release if TF2 and CS:S's Steam history is right.

Smokey

Really? Whats your setup? I was getting 120+FPS easy at 1080p @ 120hz and well above 60 @ 2560x1600. I know my machine isnt the norm by any means so I'm just curious. 5v5 seems meh but if this was the reason I guess I can see..

JaseC

Bullets in CS are hit-scan. No physics calculations necessary. It hasn't been my experience that firing weapons drops FPS at all. Grenades, and smokes? Sure.

I realise that (some calculations are made though, such as distance to target to determine damage), but I was referring to the actual bullet shells -- in CS:S, they're actual objects that interact with the environment dynamically (bouncing off walls, rolling down slopes, etc). However, I just fired up GO, and it seems they've done away with this; the shells just disappear into nothingness. With this in mind, the player count should definitely be higher.

Really? Whats your setup? I was getting 120+FPS easy at 1080p @ 120hz and well above 60 @ 2560x1600. I know my machine isnt the norm by any means so I'm just curious. 5v5 seems meh but if this was the reason I guess I can see..

2600K @ 4.6GHz, 8GB DDR3-1600, 1.28GB 570. Judging from my quick and dirty test I just did to see if bullet shells were still in, I get around 260fps on de_aztec, with that dropping by about 40fps when I fire my weapon.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Again: There's bots on consoles? I haven't seen a FPS feature bots outside of Black Cops 1 on consoles in AGES.

Bots are available and trophies/achievements can be unlocked against them instead of playing against real people online.

Smokey

I realise that (some calculations are made though, such as distance to target to determine damage), but I was referring to the actual bullet shells -- in CS:S, they're actual objects that interact with the environment dynamically (bouncing off walls, rolling down slopes, etc). However, I just fired up GO, and it seems they've done away with this; the shells just disappear into nothingness.

2600K @ 4.6GHz, 8GB DDR3-1600, 1.28GB 570. Judging from my quick and dirty test I just did to see if bullet shells were still in, I get around 260fps on de_aztec, with that dropping by about 40fps when I fire my weapon.

Oh ok so its still obviously extremely playable which is good to hear

TheSeks

Bots are available and trophies/achievements can be unlocked against them instead of playing against real people online.

Well, I guess I know what I'm buying today... In the mood for a new shooter to supplement BF3 and since this has bots I don't need to suck ass through a straw for a few matches.

Spazo

3 hours before the unlock of the retail version.

Do you think there will be difference between beta and retail version ?

JaseC

3 hours before the unlock of the retail version.

Do you think there will be difference between beta and retail version ?

The retail version will unlock Half-Life 3 if you go 100:0:0 (K/A/D) in an online match. :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well, I guess I know what I'm buying today... In the mood for a new shooter to supplement BF3 and since this has bots I don't need to suck ass through a straw for a few matches.
You still sucking ass through a straw in P4A? :p

Formless

I realise that (some calculations are made though, such as distance to target to determine damage), but I was referring to the actual bullet shells -- in CS:S, they're actual objects that interact with the environment dynamically (bouncing off walls, rolling down slopes, etc). However, I just fired up GO, and it seems they've done away with this; the shells just disappear into nothingness. With this in mind, the player count should definitely be higher.

The stock maps aren't really meant for 16 vs 16, though of course that did happen in a lot of servers.

Hindle

Banned
The fact aim assist isn't in the game is great news, looks like it's the true CS experience for all platforms. If anyone wants a game add me on live Zero Empathy.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Have we decided the game comes out on Wednesday for 360 or is that still up in the air?

I don't know why so many other much smaller developers than Valve can comply with the terms set by MS/Sony... :)

Valve updates their games on a fairly regular basis. Some even weekly. Every time they want to do a title update they have to pay a fee to make it happen. Valve also generally puts their DLC and content updates out for free as well and they simply can't do that because of MS/Sony(hence the price tag on L4D campaign dlc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom