• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter-Strike: Online says hello.

Didn't someone link something regarding a shop being in the game, buying new skins etc?

Valve said it wouldn't make sense for CS: GO to be F2P. And the store was found earlier this year, but it wasn't worked on at all after the files were found and remained mostly barebones.

Normally yes but they have made exceptions before.

So they didn't this time.

Sure, but Valve have always touted it as a global launch on the 21st August.

Granted a days wait isn't bad, but I'd hate to see this stubbornness extend to other releases as DD continues to expand on consoles.

Didn't think about the PS Play thing, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I agree it should have been handled better, possibly a mix up at MS (dashboard timer) rather than an error made by Valve. Either way, some are blowing this out of proportion. A one day wait, it's not like it was delayed.

twofold

Sweet. My copy of CS:GO just dropped the 'beta' part of the name on Steam. Guess we don't have to redownload the entire thing then.

Spazo

I have now two Counter-Strike Global offensive in my library

CS:Go Beta was changed to CS:Go

but I still have the CS:Go game in my library from my pre-purchase

So they didn't this time.

I agree it should have been handled better, possibly a mix up at MS (dashboard timer) rather than an error made by Valve. Either way, some are blowing this out of proportion. A one day wait, it's not like it was delayed.

Indeed, if anything people should redirect that anger towards SCEE.

Still nothing about an EU release, and someone asked again on a post earlier and got told they'd have to ask one of the other guys tomorrow when the store updates for any information.

Silex

OK, what's up with that? My beta copy of the game just remained in my account (the name got changed) and I can play it right now. I haven't bought the game... (Or actually, I bought it and stored it in my inventory, which makes me even more mad).
They didn't give it for free for beta owners, did they?

Dgott

Banned
Indeed, if anything people should redirect that anger towards SCEE.

Still nothing about an EU release, and someone asked again on a post earlier and got told they'd have to ask one of the other guys tomorrow when the store updates for any information.

Don't worry, the US got screwed in this deal too. There was supposed to be a demo on our PS3's this morning if you Pre-ordered or were a PS+ member. We got nothing, and I bet the store is late to update tonight too.

Spazo

OK, what's up with that? My beta copy of the game just remained in my account (the name got changed) and I can play it right now. I haven't bought the game... (Or actually, I bought it and stored it in my inventory, which makes me even more mad).

what ?!? damn... I should have waited

I think its all mess up right now. Ihave 2 CS:Go in my library...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

No, Valve announced nothing of the sort. I assume it's just a transitional error and those who haven't actually bought the game will soon find it removed from their Library.

solidus51

Banned
When does the game start for pc players? I don't think its coming on to the psn store till late tonight cause there is gonna be a lot of stuff on the store.

Silex

you can always sell or trade them if they are in your inventory ;)

Well yea, just annoying...

But seems like it's indeed a temporary error - if you guys have 2 copies of the game in your library, it probably means that one of them is marked as beta and will get deleted soon.

EDIT:

300 post btw, woo-ho!

panda21

can you play the PC version with 360 controller, and is it possible to matchmake with other controller players only? (you can play PC/360/ps3 cross platform right?)

Xater

can you play the PC version with 360 controller, and is it possible to matchmake with other controller players only? (you can play PC/360/ps3 cross platform right?)

Yes to the first question and no to the other. Also no cross-platform play.

panda21

oh damn i thought they said they were going to make the console versions cross-platform with PC and the console players would just have to suck it up.

I was hoping they reset everything. Leadersboards will be kinda inaccurate since it includes those who didn't buy.

And I wanted to have a clue on how much it has sold.

alf717

Using the server browser I can't join any games. I want a low ping server not matchmaking. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: finally got in to one. East coast guardians 30 player max.

My Beta is now just Global Offensive, but I also have a second Global Offensive in my uninstalled games list. Guess that will disappear in the coming days.

Nori Chan

lol my friend is stubborn as fuck

I keep telling him we're not getting the it for the 360 until tomorrow but he keeps on saying it says the 21st lol,

I'm just going to have some fun reading the Steam forums, I expect an inevitable wave of silly complaints as is the norm for every big release.

Well, it looks like everything will be wiped. There are reports that stats are being wiped in-game, so it will probably take sometime for the wipe to occur for everyone.

Achievements as well or just stats?

I just looked at someone's profile that had CS: GO and when clicking on the link to check out achievements, it just reloads the profile page. So I think Achievements were also wiped.

My stuff hasn't been wiped yet, so I cannot confirm if achievements or stats were wiped.

Spazo

Using the server browser I can't join any games. I want a low ping server not matchmaking. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: finally got in to one. East coast guardians 30 player max.

where do you use the server browser ?

In-game or by right clicking the steam icon in tray

Xater

where do you use the server browser ?

In-game or by right clicking the steam icon in tray

In-game click on community servers.

I have to say that matchmaking has been working out well for me in the last few days. Alway got on servers with a ping under 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom