• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The stock maps aren't really meant for 16 vs 16, though of course that did happen in a lot of servers.

I've not said anything about how the maps should be intended for 32 players.

Edit: Ah, I see. My comment about how the player count should be higher was in reference to the console versions, which are limited to 5v5.

sTaTIx

How are the controls on this game for PS3 or 360? I know that the aiming was utterly mediocre and sluggish in the console versions of Portal 2 and L4D. Unless Valve has improved their aiming controls drastically this time around (to be as responsive as the COD games), I don't see how controller players on PS3 can put up any kind of fight against the ones using mouse. Some would say that even w/ COD levels of responsiveness, the controller may still be at a disadvantage.

Salacious Crumb

How are the controls on this game for PS3 or 360? I know that the aiming was utterly mediocre and sluggish in the console versions of Portal 2 and L4D. Unless Valve has improved their aiming controls drastically this time around (to be as responsive as the COD games), I don't see how controller players on PS3 can put up any kind of fight against the ones using mouse.

It'll probably feel as 'responsive' as CoD cause there's no aim assist, and because of that you'll never ever win against a decent mouse player.

what has cs become when people would rather farm achievements against bots than have an honest fun match against real people?

/semi-sarcasm

a lot of the achievements seem like you can get through just playing the game naturally. none of them sound that absurd to me. just play the game and you'll probably 100% it within a few months.

saelz8

Zombie Mod should be out right after launch.

Last nights patch added Zombie Models, which were designed by Valve.

sTaTIx

It'll probably feel as 'responsive' as CoD cause there's no aim assist, and because of that you'll never ever win against a decent mouse player.

Are you confirming that there's no aim assist in the console versions of CS:GO? Or are you just trolling?

I assume you meant to say it "won't" feel as responsive as COD.

COD's responsive controls have nothing to do with aim assist. I turn off aim assist in Black Ops, and it feels as responsive as ever. It has to do with the low input lag, the unobtrusive turn acceleration, low deadzone, and a precise-feeling sensitivity curve.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't like CoDs aim assist, but Halo's is very nice. I don't think it is an inherently bad thing to have aim assist. I look forward to trying GO on 360 though, to see how it holds up. There's no way it'll feel as responsive as CoD at half the framerate though.

mxgt

Banned
Got this on PC but also getting on PS3 to play with some friends, really disappointed in the 30fps.

Poor show really, a game like this should really be 60

CyReN

6hV8P.png

Stupid fucker is now mocking us I swear.

I played so much Counter-Strike back in the day, both original and Source. I might buy this, but I'm just really excited to see a proper shooter (I don't really like the CoD iron sights and levelling up stuff).

hyduK

Banned
Haven't played much since earlier in the beta, should play some tonight. I don't know why they chose to release the game with essentially 5 viable maps though, especially when they have so many to choose from. It's not like it's hard to update them.

mill
fire
tuscan
forge
russka

CyReN

Or a lot of people are asking because of the countdown. Chill the hell out man.

I'm sorry but they shut down the OG version of it on Xbox, and now this. It just sucks a lot for older fans and it's sick seeing them stick to their own arrogance than listen to what is right.

sTaTIx

Got this on PC but also getting on PS3 to play with some friends, really disappointed in the 30fps.

Poor show really, a game like this should really be 60 fps

Have to agree. With the small maps, low player count, and generally modest graphics, there's no reason why this game runs at 30 fps instead of 60 on consoles. Some optimizations, and maybe even graphical cutbacks, might be necessary to hit that target, but gameplay takes precedence over graphics in a game like this.

I'm sorry but they shut down the OG version of it on Xbox, and now this. It just sucks a lot for older fans and it's sick seeing them stick to their own arrogance than listen to what is right.

Who pissed in your cornflakes, man? The name calling is unnecessary, and we only have to wait one more day. No need to get bent out of shape.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If you're such a huge fan of counter strike then you really should play it on the PC. What do you mean by listening to what is right? MS usually releases new arcade games every Wednesday morning, it's been like this forever.

sTaTIx

I played so much Counter-Strike back in the day, both original and Source. I might buy this, but I'm just really excited to see a proper shooter (I don't really like the CoD iron sights and levelling up stuff).

I don't really understand statements like this. A game isn't a "proper shooter" if it has iron sights and an experience system? Like nearly every single FPS and shooter on the market today?

I guess BF2 wasn't a "proper shooter" by your definition, seeing as it had both iron sights and a ranking up system.

Haven't played much since earlier in the beta, should play some tonight. I don't know why they chose to release the game with essentially 5 viable maps though, especially when they have so many to choose from. It's not like it's hard to update them.

mill
fire
tuscan
forge
russka

Uh, aren't all of those maps mod creations? I mean, they could have included them yes but those aren't official CS maps.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Are those dedicated servers or p2p matchmaking?

Practically all EA MP games run on dedicated servers. Yes it's hard to believe but it's true. Most Sony ones do too. MS is really the company that has pushed P2P MP down our throats.

I was only talking about 1-2 years as well... what happens when a new generation comes along? Or several years down the road? 1.6 still allows you to play on dedicated servers over a decade later. Source, coming up on a decade.

I don't like EA's policy but this is what it is: EA's stated rationale is not age but number of players. The games that were canned after a short amount of time are, I believe, EA MMA (a bomb) and that LOTR Conquest game (a huge bomb). The sports games - people move on to the new titles. They have never taken down a popular game just because it's a couple years old. There are plenty of older titles that still have servers up, like Burnout Paradise.

Who knows what will happen next gen - Xbox 1 games were pulled by Microsoft.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Valve updates their games on a fairly regular basis. Some even weekly. Every time they want to do a title update they have to pay a fee to make it happen. Valve also generally puts their DLC and content updates out for free as well and they simply can't do that because of MS/Sony(hence the price tag on L4D campaign dlc).
But I have seen free dlc on PSN or im lost here?

hyduK

Banned
Uh, aren't all of those maps mod creations? I mean, they could have included them yes but those aren't official CS maps.

Yeah, they are. But regardless Valve has the rights to them, and considering they're trying to push GO to be competitive to the extent of 1.6, you would think they would add some of the maps that made 1.6 so successful.

Very few of the 'official' CS maps are balanced for competitive play.

XBLA gets updated on Wednesdays.

Sure, but Valve have always touted it as a global launch on the 21st August.

Granted a days wait isn't bad, but I'd hate to see this stubbornness extend to other releases as DD continues to expand on consoles.

Didn't think about the PS Play thing, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Threi

notag
First time playing CS in over 10 years, in my first session run into some clan dudes talking shit nonstop and throwing out racial slurs like nothing.

...feelsgood man. So nostalgic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom