• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achievements/stats wiping would be disappointing but not unexpected. Stats hardly ever carry over from beta, and I'm surprised achievements were even activated during the beta.

Can't wait to keep playing this, the beta was really fun!

Any word on how the mods will work?

I'd also like to know this, I hope it has the same kind of mod support that Source had.

Can someone tell me if this game has actually released on PSN? I pre-ordered it and got the theme and everything but if I go back to the store and try to download it all that shows up is an option for me to re-download the theme. Am I blind or is it not there yet?

Xater

Can someone tell me if this game has actually released on PSN? I pre-ordered it and got the theme and everything but if I go back to the store and try to download it all that shows up is an option for me to re-download the theme. Am I blind or is it not there yet?

PSN should update in a couple of hours. The game is not released there.

alf717

I have to admit I'm surprised that there's no sprays or silencers in the retail release.

What kind of FPS are most of you averaging? Just curious since the spec seem to have been raised. I get about 60+ but on this 30 man server it dips a little.

Arnie

I have to admit I'm surprised that there's no sprays or silencers in the retail release.

Yea, not having a silencer will be a huge change for me, I always used to put it on my M4 back when I played Source. Obviously moving from CS on PC to 360 will be the biggest change when I buy GO tomorrow, though.

antitrop

What kind of FPS are most of you averaging? Just curious since the spec seem to have been raised. I get about 60+ but on this 30 man server it dips a little.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.8ghz
GeForce GTX 590
16bb DDR3

Maxed out settings hitting about 150-200 average fps using cl_showfps 1. The numbers refresh too quickly, but if I had to guess a true average I would say like 180.

Valve released a new blog for CS: GO:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2012/08/4571/

It has an infograph about the beta.

CSGO_betaData.jpg

KingKong

I can't imagine playing CS with a controller. Why would anyone get this on a PS3/360 instead of PC? Like how can you even use the AWP or control recoil?

Seems good so far I liked how much its improved since the beta but it will take me some time to improve my skills since I am so use to TF2 I haven't played CS in awhile.

TheExodu5

Banned
P500 is a great and underused pistol...better than the deagle in the pistol round, IMO, since it's so good at getting headshots.

SG552 and Aug are good if you have the extra cash, especially on maps like Aztec and Train, or even if you're watching catwalk from mid on Dust 2.

antitrop

They are but I think it's worth mentioning that not all the guns were available at the beginning of the beta.
I honestly doubt that had any impact whatsoever on the graph.

People have always been using the same shit since I started playing in 2000 (except that auto-sniper got a huge buff somewhere in the early 2000s and became legit) and that was never going to change with GO.

hyduK

Banned
I honestly doubt that had any impact whatsoever on the graph.

People have always been using the same shit since I started playing in 2000 (except that auto-sniper got a huge buff somewhere in the early 2000s and became legit) and that was never going to change with GO.

Yeah, but there's a reason that people used the same guns throughout 1.5/1.6 etc.

CoolS

Any source on this? I'm intensely curious about it as well. I assumed they removed it for balance purposes.

Somebody posted it (with Source I think) in the beta thread, but I haven't been able to find it again so far.

StuBurns

Banned
Any source on this? I'm intensely curious about it as well. I assumed they removed it for balance purposes.
It was always a strange design inclusion, to allow a team specific gun to have an optional advantage was unusual. You could pick one up off the floor, but still.

antitrop

It was always a strange design inclusion, to allow a team specific gun to have an optional advantage was unusual. You could pick one up off the floor, but still.
The SG-552 is a Terrorist specific fully automatic rifle with a scope on it. IMO, more useful than a silencer.

I don't see a problem with unique aspects to the guns of each side, as long as the overall game is still considered balaned. And I believe that it is.

TheExodu5

Banned
The SG-552 is a Terrorist specific fully automatic rifle with a scope on it. IMO, more useful than a silencer.

I don't see a problem with unique aspects to the guns of each side, as long as the overall game is still considered balaned. And I believe that it is.

The CTs have the Aug.

Amish

Neo Member
have been playing the beta form the beginning, and i love this game more and more, the finished product is going to rule. the only thing i really miss is as said before, the silencer and sprays.. dont know why they would remove sprays tho.. i can accept the silencers for competitive play.

hope this game will eliminate some or all 1.6
and source lol
competitive play. i get that people wont like go away from something grate, but they are just being selfish in this matter.. competitive play is a huge part of making a game interesting. and finding 1.6 matches when you look for cs tournaments isnt really what you would hope for if you are new to cs. people who played 1.6 when it came out have moved to other things, i know there are still some left, but seriously i know 1.6 is a grate game but who cares about 1.6 anymore?

TheExodu5

Banned
I seriously thought Valve's whole pitch for this game was to bring proper competitive matchmaking to Counter-Strike. Now, according to that Reddit post, it seems as though there's no way to even load up a competitive match with a team of 5 players.

That makes me quite sad.

CS Go needs a fully implemented ladder system, ala SC2 or Dota 2.

feel

So the Beta has been replaced by the full game, statistics and achievements carry over.
fuck yes! I'm proud of some of the suckers I've already unlocked

That is terrible news. That pretty much defeats the entire point of CS Go...
I'm glad prettier graphics and a lobby system that lets me join up with my friends and jump really fast and effortlessly into a default settings server is the point of it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom