• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

Is the game crashing for anyone else? I get up to the match beginning then the game crashes.
The game ran decent offline before this update. Now it doesn't. Hope they tidy it up.

Oreoleo

Yeah after giving it a try the fire rate should probably be reduced again, scoped recoil feels good though.

Edit: Capsules going for over $2 a pop hoorayyyy \o/

cHinzo

The AUG surely feels powerful after this buff if u shoot it in burst, even zoomed in. Finally a reason to use that gun I guess. Don't really like the CT guns in GO (loved the Famas in 1.6, but they messed up the burst recoil in GO).

Also funny to see how the Stat Trak AUG | Wings doubled in price after the buffs.

soultron

Banned
Holy shit you can throw grenades underhand now? #mindblown

I feel like this reinvents the game in some aspects. Now we'll have over- and underhand throw spots in competitive, I'm guessing.

Wonder how the competitive community at large feels about it?

feel

AUGs, AUGs everywhere. Not a fan of this buff at all, hope it's nerfed soon or I'll be taking a break from CSGO.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, is the patch not broken now? I read in here that it was causing disconnection or crashes?

feel

Game is smooth as silk and crash-free on my end, but I did enter the launch command to make the game use more than 1 CPU core that's suggested on one of the threads on top of r/globaloffensive before trying the update.

Game is smooth as silk and crash-free on my end, but I did enter the launch command to make the game use more than 1 CPU core that's suggested on one of the threads on top of r/globaloffensive before trying the update.
Yep Peoole need to use it. Worked on my end too.

Clydefrog

wats the launch command?

rCIZZLE

Ran into my first group of cool kids in a while who troll and block all game. Just went afk the rest of the match since I didn't feel like dealing with bans. Wish they gave 1 free leave per 24 hours so I can just insta-leave.

zon

Not sure why you guys complain so much about the AUG, it's nowhere near as bad as the p90 was and it's not good enough to replace the AK as best rifle. It's finally useful now and a valid alternative to the m4 which it hasn't been at least since CS 1.3.

Clydefrog

the deagle will never be as good as it was for those 2 weeks when they made it OP

i'm thinking the aug will last 2 weeks too before it becomes crap again

soultron

Banned
Tried out underhand throws last night. Game changing. Really loved the control it offered. I find I still have to learn how to gauge it better since sometimes I ended up undershooting haha.

Can you combine [LMB] + [RMB] when throwing a grenade to get a toss strength midway between an over- and and underhand throw?

Clydefrog

Tried out underhand throws last night. Game changing. Really loved the control it offered. I find I still have to learn how to gauge it better since sometimes I ended up undershooting haha.

Can you combine [LMB] + [RMB] when throwing a grenade to get a toss strength midway between an over- and and underhand throw?

yep. the combined throw is way better than the underhand. underhand just puts it at your feet. i don't like it.

feel

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1x697n/fps_fix_inside/

Some helpful tips in there. Didn't know about a lot of those launch commands.

-freq 120
is for my 120hz monitor
-novid
no Valve-video when you start the game
-high
sets CSGO processor priority to high
-console
you know
-nojoy
no joystick, the game uses a little less RAM if I recall correctly
-threads 4
# of cores

Edit: Eureka! Playing smoother than before, thanks guys!
Nice.

-lv is awesome! So funny seeing the enemies surrendering instead of dying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yep. the combined throw is way better than the underhand. underhand just puts it at your feet. i don't like it.

It's good if you want to smoke a doorway. But yeah, Underhand without the overhand combination is VERY short range.

Well...

Uriah

They need to rework the kick function. I got kicked as the 2nd best player on my team because I "stole" someone's knife kill.

Every time I get to Gold Nova 3, I start playing terribly and the skill disparity between players goes way up. Games end up at like 15-3.

Also the AUG is stupid broken. It's a laser. I actually liked the AUG, but now I can't use it because it'll make me worse at the game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Desert Eagle RecoveryTimeCrouch = 0.489927 RecoveryTimeCrouch = 0.439927 Accuracy recover time when crouched.
Desert Eagle RecoveryTimeStand = 0.8912 RecoveryTimeStand = 0.7912 Accuracy recover time when standing.

So wait...crouching actually does provide a benefit? When did that happen?

spk

Desert Eagle RecoveryTimeCrouch = 0.489927 RecoveryTimeCrouch = 0.439927 Accuracy recover time when crouched.
Desert Eagle RecoveryTimeStand = 0.8912 RecoveryTimeStand = 0.7912 Accuracy recover time when standing.

So wait...crouching actually does provide a benefit? When did that happen?

It's been that way at least since the last time they touched it

Robot Pants

Yea I think I'm gonna stop playing until the next patch. I'm wrecking everyone with the aug without even trying and they are wrecking me.
It's retarded.

Why couldn't they just fix the p90 add the grenade tossing and call it a day.

soultron

Banned
Yea I think I'm gonna stop playing until the next patch. I'm wrecking everyone with the aug without even trying and they are wrecking me.
It's retarded.

Why couldn't they just fix the p90 add the grenade tossing and call it a day.
What's hilarious is now teams in pubs are abusing AUGs instead of AWPs.

I feel that the AUG now invalidates the M4s as a rifle now too. Head on, AUG vs M4, I feel AUG will always win now.

What's hilarious is now teams in pubs are abusing AUGs instead of AWPs.

I feel that the AUG now invalidates the M4s as a rifle now too. Head on, AUG vs M4, I feel AUG will always win now.
So they increased the fire rate, and reduced scoped recoil, right? It seems pretty damn stupid to make two big changes like that in the same patch. The faster fire rate is throwing me off big time, I'm not used to this new AUG yet. That or I'm rusty from not playing for a while.

And holy poop, since there is seemingly no way to disable just the menu music, I opened up the mp3 file and lowered it by a few dBs in Audacity. Lo and behold I'm now getting booted from servers because of a file that doesn't even play in a match. I guess I can just disable music completely when I do lobbies or something, since as is I can barely hear some people over the music. It's by far the loudest thing in the game, and it's kind of obnoxious.

KingKong

I have to wonder wtf they were thinking with this patch between the AUG and the brainless walkshooting (run -> press walk -> perfect accuracy), did they test it at all?

CoolS

I have to wonder wtf they were thinking with this patch between the AUG and the brainless walkshooting (run -> press walk -> perfect accuracy), did they test it at all?

They probably just wanted to make the AUG more viable, which backfired, and they can't do it by nerfing the M4 or AK. So it will stay like this for 2 weeks before it's back to the way it was.

Not sure about "walkshooting" yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom