• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

yeah this, people talk about how toxic the Dota community is but it's nothing compared to CS. I can't even count the number of times I've had people complain about hackers when they're losing badly

Had the same issue last night. I literally have like 6 hours total played so I'm a relative newcomer. I didn't even play CS when it was in it's hey day. I have a few good rounds where I'm MVP and suddenly the entire other team is accusing me of hacking and guys typing a lot of racist and homophobic language. To be honest, it's rare to even hear stuff like that playing COD on xbox.

man, one thing I really miss about 1.6 was the custom maps servers. crazytank, starwars, ka_roadwars, and helms_deep to name a few. Surf, jailbreak, and zombies have never appealed to me and I'm really itching for something to play outside of scrims

jeepathon2k 4 lyf

Dota (and mobas in general) are considered to have toxic communities because people take the game very seriously, and will bitch at other players rather than try to be constructive. Whereas Counter-Strike has always just had constant homophobia, casual racism, and hacking accusations. At least I can get away with some pretty mediocre performance in CSGO, but I don't even play Dota partially because the playerbase seems much too serious and rude.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Dota (and mobas in general) are considered to have toxic communities because people take the game very seriously, and will bitch at other players rather than try to be constructive. Whereas Counter-Strike has always just had constant homophobia, casual racism, and hacking accusations. At least I can get away with some pretty mediocre performance in CSGO, but I don't even play Dota partially because the playerbase seems much too serious and rude.

I have the most fun trolling this users, I find them really amusing.

see5harp

So I've been playing for about a week now. I probably have averaged about 2 games a night and have gotten 2 or 3 drops. Nothing even remotely rare-I think my best item was a blue pistol. Is DOTA about the same as far as drops or does every item in DOTA require you to purchase keys to open?

KingKong

Yeah CS gives me a bit of anxiety in Competitive but I don't think i could do a full dota match ever.

Really, I find it's the opposite. in Dota you can't really spectate someone else and unless you visibly screw up (waste your long cooldown ult or something) people will bicker when they lose and blame each other but won't really have a leg to stand on, whereas in CS you are watching someone play and when they miss an easy shot or do something dumb, everyone knows

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
whereas in CS you are watching someone play and when they miss an easy shot or do something dumb, everyone knows

The worst is when you miss an easy shot and you know everyone else knows it...and they don't say a damn thing.

NEXT ROUND

Yesterday on Seaside I awped two guys with one shot in mid air when they were jumping off the lil porch to A. The coolest shot ever and I didn't have it recorded..sigh. I use shadowplay but the one that constantly runs in the background kinda screws with stuff.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
You just have to joke about it. It happens too frequently. Make the hard shots, miss the easy ones.

That's the thing with the AWP: you've have a game where you're on fire with it, and next game, you can't hit the broad side of a twinkie.

Yesterday on Seaside I awped two guys with one shot in mid air when they were jumping off the lil porch to A. The coolest shot ever and I didn't have it recorded..sigh. I use shadowplay but the one that constantly runs in the background kinda screws with stuff.

you could check your watch page and download the match. :D

assuming this was competitive.

KingKong

The worst is when you miss an easy shot and you know everyone else knows it...and they don't say a damn thing.

NEXT ROUND

yeeeah, I know that feel when I get the jump on someone and miss the kill shot and panic and hope I still get the kill and dont embarrass myself completely

see5harp

NEXT ROUND

I usually just type DAMN I SUCK. I'm way too old to rage anymore. For the most part playing this game has been a lot less frustrating than I imagined. Even in competitive I've found that I can usually hold a 1:1 ratio. I haven't even played enough matches to get ranked so maybe I should wait and see.

L7vg8RB.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, I opened over 1000 crates in TF2 without unboxing anything worth more than $5.

And if that doesn't make you feel any better, it certainly makes me feel worse, lol.

Holy shit..

I started out kinda bad opening too many cases but now I see how bad the odds are I'll probably only open one a week.

I think I got my weapon drop eaten, got a Spitfire FAMAS at the end of a match, quit to the main menu before map switch, and had nothing new in my inventory. Normally wouldn't care, but that was actually a decent drop for once. ;o;

Edit: Nevermind! It showed up in my inventory after I quit to desktop, despite getting two other drops since then that did show up in my inventory in-game. Weird, but I'm not complaining. Minimal wear too, sweet.

If it makes you feel any better, I opened over 1000 crates in TF2 without unboxing anything worth more than $5.

And if that doesn't make you feel any better, it certainly makes me feel worse, lol.
Your luck had to turn around eventually! Congrats.

rCIZZLE

Is there a way to mute dead teammates? Footsteps are just 100x more important to me than really anything they could be saying.

see5harp

Would it kill people not to play the same map over and over again?

This has been a problem for me. Basically the only map I have an understanding of is Dust II since i came so late to the CS party. Now when I finally get into a different map, there's just constant shit talking because I don't know the map. Not to mention the fact that they put my unranked ass in "Nova" matches, whatever that means.

yeah this, people talk about how toxic the Dota community is but it's nothing compared to CS. I can't even count the number of times I've had people complain about hackers when they're losing badly

You are trippin, my friend. Any competitive game will have jerks, but Dota has a much, much worse playerbase overall. It isn't even close. People just talk a lot of shit in CS. People straight up lose their minds in Dota. I mean seriously lose their minds — nerd rage at its very worst.

Robot Pants

I've found the CS competitive community rather civil actually. Every once in a while there will be some dickheads, but overall competitive is pretty great.

mhayze

I've found the CS competitive community rather civil actually. Every once in a while there will be some dickheads, but overall competitive is pretty great.

I agree. And to keep it that way, I will report the dickheads whenever I come across them.

This has been a problem for me. Basically the only map I have an understanding of is Dust II since i came so late to the CS party. Now when I finally get into a different map, there's just constant shit talking because I don't know the map. Not to mention the fact that they put my unranked ass in "Nova" matches, whatever that means.

If it wasn't ending in 5 days I would recommend getting an operation Bravo pass. That's the only thing I play competitive mode on partly because I have no interest in playing the same maps from 1.6/source which everyone plays in regular matchmaking, and partly because it feels like everyone starts at a fresh slate with a new map group. It takes a bit for everyone to know the call out spots etc, and people are more understanding if you don't know the map.

In fact I'll probably just stop playing competitive all together after Bravo ends, and await the next operation. I just hope it will be playable in competitive and not only casual like Operation Payback was.

If it wasn't ending in 5 days I would recommend getting an operation Bravo pass. That's the only thing I play competitive mode on partly because I have no interest in playing the same maps from 1.6/source which everyone plays in regular matchmaking, and partly because it feels like everyone starts at a fresh slate with a new map group. It takes a bit for everyone to know the call out spots etc, and people are more understanding if you don't know the map.

In fact I'll probably just stop playing competitive all together after Bravo ends, and await the next operation. I just hope it will be playable in competitive and not only casual like Operation Payback was.

You are aware that you can cross of maps when you queue so you will not get them? Seems a waste not to play matchmaking because of some maps when you can easily avoid them.

feel

Yep, never ceases to amaze me how often I get matched with a team of polite randoms trying to get some decent teamwork and tactics going, at least from around Gold Nova III and upwards.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why are people with VAC bans in other games allowed in CSGO competitive match making?

Because VAC bans have been changed from being ALL VAC-enabled games to the game they were VAC-banned/violation found in.

Yes, it's moronic that they're able to hack in other titles with no repercussions until found again.

Yep, never ceases to amaze me how often I get matched with a team of polite randoms trying to get some decent teamwork and tactics going, at least from around Gold Nova III and upwards.

Are we playing the same game? Not to hate on the community, but I'm single AK and I get matched with the most silent teammates.

rCIZZLE

How do you guys rank up past silver? Just started playing again last week and I've been crushing in my games yet can't get a rank up to save my life. Almost always go solo so random teammates have been bringing us down a bit but I thought my individual performance would mean something.

Related: If any of you guys want to help me out, I'm "RAY" in the CS-GAF group and I promise I'm not a liability.

Love that pistol video. Really solidifying to my plan to build a pc when I get my taxes back. Playing on this laptop with all the settings on low.. makes me feel dirty after seeing even a compressed youtube video :x

How do you guys rank up past silver? Just started playing again last week and I've been crushing in my games yet can't get a rank up to save my life. Almost always go solo so random teammates have been bringing us down a bit but I thought my individual performance would mean something.

Related: If any of you guys want to help me out, I'm "RAY" in the CS-GAF group and I promise I'm not a liability.

No idea. After 10 matches it ranked me as Gold Nova 4. I went down to 3 after some losses with some shitty randoms, now at 17 wins I'm back to 4.

I'm usually on at some point in the evening on the east coast. Hit me up if you'd like to party up, sneakypete on steam.

Son1x

Anyone from Europe that wants to play some competitive ocasionally? I don't like playing with full randoms and my friends rarely play CS:GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom