• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

I'd love to see Marquis be ready for the next pack: http://www.mapcore.org/topic/16661-csgo-de-marquis/
In that one looks interesting. I hope Valve will add great custom maps to the official map pool soonish. At least stuff like chache which is Kind oft official at this point anyway. Almost feels like the dust2 for the operations.
And I hope that these will be some new maps with Operation Charlie. I never played the maps from the first Op, but I still want them to give some other maps the spotlight AS well.

So I'm figuring out what's causing my high ping at start. Watching the console it updates all my workshop maps whenever the game boots. Even while I'm playing. Anyway to stop this or do I need to just go and unsubscribe to every map?

Just unsubscribed and it fixed the problem. Back to CS for me.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Seaside is map 4. Wonder if they'll change the CT team again.

CoolS

Seaside was expected I guess. What I don't like about it is that I fell into the water wy more than I'd like to admit..

saelz8

Patch up!
CZ75-Auto
Added the CZ75-Auto as a new stock pistol that is a loadout alternative to the P250. Its stats are identical to the P250's with the exception of being fully automatic and having only two magazines.
CS:GO Weapon Case #3
Introducing the CS:GO Weapon Case #3, comprised entirely of pistol finishes, including finishes for the new CZ75-Auto.
GAMEPLAY
Weapon adjustments based on data collected:
Increased Aug recoil
Reduced Aug rate of fire
Reduced Aug and Sg553 scoped run speeds
Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%
Improved scope visuals for Aug and Sg553.
Aug now has a new firing sound.
Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.
Fixed regression that broke environment fog not being reduced when zoomed with a scoped weapon.
UI
Added text filter to loadout.
Added peel animation when player cycles position.
Fixed enemies on the square radar not rotating to match their view.
Fixed teammate colors sometimes shuffling on some panels when a player disconnected in Competitive Mode.
Crosshair style 2 (Classic) has been changed to accurately show weapon accuracy.
Added some ConVars to be used with crosshairstyle 2 (Classic) to allow users to further customize how they want it to display. (cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio)
MAPS
Overpass
Improved visibility.
Removed small cover on CT side of Bombsite B.
Drastically reduced the number of trashcans.
Widened tunnel near T spawn.
Widened lower door in park connector.
Widened corridor near CT sniper room.
MISC
Fixes to improve game stability during startup.
Added diagnostic info to debug video config reset.
Fixed dedicated server to write steam_appid.txt
Fixed several game server memory leaks.
Fixed a bug causing certain workshop maps to re-download every time the game is launched.

AUG NERFED
MOVEMENT FIXED
NEW PISTOL.

SEXY TIME!

Uriah

Holy shit at the new scopes. First step toward ironsights?

And zoom sensitivity is now fucked up on the new scoped weapons. My scops are superfast while my regular sensitivity is really low.

feel

holy shit at the COD-style scope hahaha

And what the fuck is going on with my "Classic" crosshair? Why does it move all over the place now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
New pistol feels too strong

It's crazy good. I don't notice it doing burst fire, but two shots in the chest will generally drop armored people. Can't imagine it being good for competitive.

Robot Pants

They're ramping up the map announcements. Hopefully that means Operation Charlie within the week, along with a few tweaks to the AUG and/or SG with the same patch.
Would be nice. I'm guilty of abusing the aug sometimes when I'm on ct, but id really like to see the game return to a more balanced state. P90 is fixed, just bring down the aug and sig and we got ourselves a game.

Edit: oh wait. There's an update already

KingKong

It's crazy good. I don't notice it doing burst fire, but two shots in the chest will generally drop armored people. Can't imagine it being good for competitive.

Yep, theres no reason not to buy it if youre going to be using a rifle and need the pistol burst to finish someone off

This is what I didnt want to happen ehen they first inttoduced m4a1 and usps, 6 months from now there will be 10 loadout alternatives and loadouts and how will that possibly improve a game that already has a dozen more weapons than ot needs

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yep, I worry it going down the TF2 route as well. They can keep the stickers and textures for guns. I don't need new guns. Just new maps. :/

Watch a year or two from now I'll rocking-chair about the good old days just like I do TF2's before the class updates really ruined the "fun"/competitiveness of it. :/

chessnut

In terms recoil, rate of fire, and accuracy, I like where the AUG is now. Not a fan of the iron sights, but this is just off 5 minutes of trying it out

I'm not a fan of the new handgun, but I can see it's uses. P250 for life.

Glad to see the AUG and SG nerfed, now I wait for the new Operation announcement and play Cache on MM again. And this time I will go for the gold badge.

Coldsun

Banned
Do NOT tell me that Time Warner is going to start shitting the bed for ping. I lived with wireless AT&T DSL/U-Verse for 2+ years which was absolute diarrhea for gaming. I just got Time Warner last week and am loving it.

I also live in SoCal. I have their 15 mbps internet. It's great.

Shame TWC is being bought by Comcast and some of the markets are being sold to Charter (unless the government doesn't approve the acquisition). I went from a Charter household to a TimeWarner household, and Charter, when its bad, is HORRIBLE.

Clydefrog

Everyone else's scope sensitivity with the AUG and SG is fucked up right?

image.php

everything's fucked up.. including my crosshair!

They hotfixed the static crosshair, it's back to normal now.

I got double faked by the pistol crate preview, I thought they added a Candy Apple Deagle and got a little excited.

Then I noticed it was just for the crappy Berettas.

Then I noticed it wasn't even Candy Apple.

Edit: I quite like the new crosshairstyle 2, I've been wanting a means to have a set static crosshair for placement and concentration purposes while also having a dynamic outer ring to get a feel for accuracy recovery.

Possibly the worst update in the history of CS.

Sure, they can fix it, but after 1000 hours, I'm prepared to put it down if the game continues down this road.

CoolS

Sure, they can fix it, but after 1000 hours, I'm prepared to put it down if the game continues down this road.

Every major update is like the worst update in CS history. The new scope sucks, agreed, but otherwise I like it. The new pistol seems to have it's use, but with that few bullets I'm not sue I like it.

Every major update is like the worst update in CS history. The new scope sucks, agreed, but otherwise I like it. The new pistol seems to have it's use, but with that few bullets I'm not sue I like it.

I disagree, I think the game has gotten a lot better since release with pretty much every update (with a few exceptions of course), but this one makes no sense at all.

Like with the new ironsights (what the actual fuck? the sensitivity while aiming down the sight is out of this world), modified crosshair (still broken for me), weird movement, weird sounds (listen to that AUG), sneaking now works occasionally etc.

And a new automatic pistol? It's a super weird direction.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update's out:

Release Notes for 2/13/2014

[MISC]
- Aug and SG 553 scope modes now correctly respect players' zoomed mouse sensitivity settings.
- Fixed game client unexpectedly loading installed plugins. -LoadPluginsForClient is now required if client needs to load plugins, however with plugins client will start in insecure mode.
- Added buymenu localization tokens for the CZ75-Auto.
- Player teammate colors now stay consistent throughout a match in both Competitive MM and most third party services.
- Adjusted the teammate colors a bit based on feedback.
- Fixed miniscoreboard causing hitches by refreshing the avatars too often.
- Fixed the chat on Macs showing hex colors instead of names.
- Fixed Scar-20 icon not being visible in the in-game weapon inventory.
- Fixed NameTag text field not taking input.

[Shipped yesterday]
- Fixed Classic Static (crosshairstyle 4) not being static.
- Fixed player color arrows being bot colored in casual.
- Fixed letter label showing up over player dots in radar when spectating / watching a demo.

Glasshole

Banned
In terms recoil, rate of fire, and accuracy, I like where the AUG is now. Not a fan of the iron sights, but this is just off 5 minutes of trying it out

I feel the same way, just with more time.

Somebody on an other board said that this is an effort to nerf the AUG even more, which I with to some degree: It takes time to zoom, it takes a lot of the screen, it blurs the rest of the screen, etc.

But then again, when I played with it, I felt like it had never been easier to pick headshots with it. Which is why I'm really, really against this update.

Also, it feels to the slightest like COD, which I just fucking hate. CS doesn't need this.

Agreed.

Is it weird that I have a bigger issue with the new AUG sound than I do the scopes?

Maybe - I like the new sound.

On an other note, it feels really weird that they put the CZ75 in - I think it's okay, I was horrible with it, so at least it's not OP. Could use 1 more magazine though, 12/12 is ridiculous for a pistol round.

But my real point is, the CZ75 just feels random. WHERE THE F*** IS MY MP5 NAVY?! WHERE?! *throws table*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom