• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah

People who make stickers probably aren't qualified to be making balance decisions.

Anyway, I turned my sensitivity down to 3. Going to take some time getting used to. But I seem to be playing a little better.

Robot Pants

Anyway, the Aug is ruining the game. Train is an absolute nightmare and might be impossible without 100% amazing teamwork.
So....i hope they fix it before two weeks.

Maybe either lessen the recoil, OR up the fire-rate. Not both.

Anyway, the Aug is ruining the game. Train is an absolute nightmare and might be impossible without 100% amazing teamwork.
So....i hope they fix it before two weeks.

Maybe either lessen the recoil, OR up the fire-rate. Not both.
I thought the old fire rate was perfect. Keep the lessened scope recoil, bring the fire rate back down. (Or even just reduce the amount of change done to both values)

Uriah

Does anyone else have the bug where is says a match was found for you and you failed to accept, but the pop-up to accept never appears?

So's that one bug where it constantly refreshes my fucking settings with every single update.

I know how to plant, inspect weapons, reload and shit by now QUIT REPEATING IT.
Booting up to horribly mangled, non-native 1280x1024 and no vsync after an update is the best. Then having to push the arrows to change options at least twice because it has to tell me what each one does. Oh yes.

I haven't had the lobby glitch yet (I actually hadn't even heard of it until now), but one of the guys on my FL had it when we were trying to play competitive. It happened a couple times in a row.

soultron

Banned
So's that one bug where it constantly refreshes my fucking settings with every single update.

I know how to plant, inspect weapons, reload and shit by now QUIT REPEATING IT.

Is it possible to make a copy of the config files so that whenever this happens you can paste it back into the game directory?

hitoshi

So, I have wanted to open a new thread about this, but decided to post my rant here instead. It will be very, very long, I am sorry, but I have to let it out.

OH.MY.GOD.

Until last night, I was utterly, totally in love with Counter-Strike GO. I am the strange kinda guy: I am 27, I have grown up on PC Gaming, yet I have never been a Counter-Strike fan: in my region (Central-Europe), internet penetration was very low before 2003-2004, and I haven’t really been at LAN-parties. At school LAN-parties we only played Worms, Diablo 1 and Warcraft 1-2. So it was very strange when in 2012 I have purchased GO twice. Once on PC, once on Xbox 360 - the latter version was so bad that it is still one of my worst purchase ever made, and really turned me off CS. I have never really gone into Defuse missions, I mostly played Demolition, and that was enough for me. Until this year.

Last year, I have finally convinced more than 3 of my console buddies (we have met through Team Fortress 2 in 2007, and talked and played every day since that until 2012) to purchase PC-s - one of them actually become a PC only gamer (the rest went on purchasing PS4s), and he become my multiplayer partner. Now I finally had somebody on PC playing with me (no more randoms!), and we started CS Go. Since that, more than 100 hours passed, and CS became my daily habit. Now day I usually work a LOT and have around 2-3 hours of free time every day - that makes me not wanting to start anything major (despite the fact that i have a backlog of more than 600 games and I constantly buy everything) so I always end up playing CS. It was casual only for the first 70 hours, but now days I can only play competitive, for various reasons. Until last night.

OH.MY.GOD.

Sadly, I have got familiar with the degradation of the casual playlist in the past few months. As the popularity of CS Go reached its peak with the introduction of the weapon skins, the quality of matches dropped significantly. I have no problem with losing: I play to enjoy the game. What I have problem is others. More specifically, two kinds of players and their behavior.

1. THE VOTEKIC GRIEFER
What got me intro rage mode last night? A type of guy I always encountered on the casual playlist, but never on the competitive - until last night. Why? Because I have played alone, without 2 of my buddies - so I was with random people. Random people that shouted constantly, harassed everybody through voice chat. I have not really heard that, because I always play with voice messages muted, but I have seen the rage of my teammates through the text messages. It was rage inducing: racial and ethnical slurs, zero contribution to the game, to the tactics, only harassment. I don't share the common view that it is part of the game. No, it is not: it just a very, very loud and aggressive minority. You can't say that’s it only kids, because (judging from their voice) they were clearly older than your usual 12 old.

What bothered me to death is how the situation escalated. One guy, who tried to constantly shut them up got fed up, and at the 4th round decided to end it by a votekick - it failed. He tried again at the 6th. It failed again. In the 7th too - up until the 8th, when he decided he had enough, he shot the harassing guy in the head, and got banned for 2 days for it. We were down to 4 people, and we kept playing - we were of course awfully destroyed. I have tried to start a surrender vote, because at that point it was like 14:2 to them, but the vote failed. And it did again at the next round (2 rounds before the end, 40 minutes deep in the game)), when i politely asked "do you all really want to continue this?" - then suddenly a new vote appeared, and I was kicked in an instant. No crates for me, no new statistics to my profile, nothing. And, because of the amazing system Valve uses, I was not even able to report the harassment in CS, because that is only possible in the game. So, we not only lost the game, and got an innocent person banned, but the guy who was ruining everybody’s game got with it away without any consequences. And I am sure he will do it again and again.

The voting system simply NOT works. It is open to harassers, it can be tricked easy, you can get booted anytime from a game, without doing anything negative. I have seen several matches (one last night) where the other team tried to kick anybody who was alive at the end of a round they have lost, no matter his statistics, his contribution to the match. I know how bad a game can be without the option to kick somebody out, or surrender (my 600 hours with the Xbox 360 version of TF2 made sure of that), but the current system simply is not good. And that leads me to my other archetype:

2. "PLEASE KICK ME"
The guy who joins a competitive match, and then he randomly decides he dont want to play anymore, but he don't want to quit because of the cool down ban system Valve uses. So what he does instead? Sabotaging the match. Not moving at all, not playing at all, or worse, standing in doors - tunnels, blocking his teammates from moving, and essentially ruining it for everybody. Oh, and while he does that, he constantly bags in the chat for somebody to kick him... which would be somehow fine, but Valve doesn’t allow a surrender until somebody voluntarily quits the game, suffering the consequences of the cooldown ban. You can't even surrender if a griefer like I've described above decides to kick somebody out, making his team filled with bots - I have been in at least 2 matches, dragged out to 40 minutes, stuck with bots and 1-2 human players, because we were not allowed to surrender, we had to trudge through the match, because we would have been the ones punished for quitting.

It’s a shame. Its utter madness. Its the kind of toxic behavior that I have encountered in MOBAs, but never, ever at this rate - and there, they at least didn't have the tools to kick me randomly. I have seen tons of posts - threads like mine on reddit, on the CS Go forums, and Valve does nothing as usual. I love their games to death, I love Steam, but they are failing 100% when it comes to communicating with their customers, responding to problems, and making solutions them. This is the kind of problem that does not correct itself (because of the failures in the system I have described above), like it usually does. They HAVE to do something. They have to do it fast, because its great that CS Go finally took off, but it will not grow this way. It will scare new players away, it will ruin the experience. And sorry, but saying that "play only with your friends - clanmatches" is not the solution. They are not always available, I don't want to schedule my gaming, I want to jump in and play, whenever I want, without fearing a random guy who will decide that he is having a bad day and ruins the game for everybody involved. Do something Valve. Don't let CS get ruined: I have just started loving it, but I am this close to hating it.

I've had a similar problem with them updating the configs on updates - my system for some reason crashes on occasional flashes (not all) and every now and then I get it working stable, and forget the video settings. Cue update and back to crashing... :( Anybody know of a solution? Tried all the usual suggestions and setting mem_level = 0 (which strangely works most of the times, but not in this update)

Oreoleo

I also ran into my first encounter with griefers in comp last night. On Dust2 on T side they would rush long A with pistols every single time and get mowed down as soon as they went through the double doors. On CTs they got a little more malicious, standing in front of our sniper at mid so he couldn't see or get shots off, buying shitty smg's with even though they had $10k. And since there were two of them we couldn't vote kick. At one point we TK'ed them out of frustration since there was no way to be rid of them or surrender without suffering consequences on our end. One was Nova4 so it's not like they were new to the game or anything. We lost like 16-12 in spite of them both going like 5-26 in kdr. Left a bad taste in my mouth the rest of the evening.

The "please kick me" people are almost just as bad. Once we had a guy who asked to be kicked about 5 rounds in because his kid woke up and needed attending. After explaining to him we weren't going to do him the favor of screwing us over AND get to leave the match without being penalized he turned immediately petulant; calling us fags, not leaving spawn while calling out our positions in chat the other team. He did all this instead of being an adult and tending to his child. I legitimately felt sorry for the kid, having to be raised by a dad who turns 12 years old at the drop of a hat. He wasted as much time griefing us as he would have waiting for his 30 min cool down to expire. Logic! In the end someone must have quit or something because we eventually surrendered. Dad of the year gets what he wants, sort of.

So yeah, shitty people ruin the game, and the vote/cool down systems needs some tweaking. And I consider myself lucky, from the stories I hear it seems like other players run into shitheads like this far more than I do.

Volvo plz.

soultron

Banned
Whenever I run into someone who's harassing anyone (or generally fudging the game for everyone else), I immediately report them for text/mic abuse. I then mute them.

I also commend people who've been helpful with new players, answered questions, provided tips, etc. Pleasant folk in general.

Not sure if this stuff helps, but I hope so.

So I'm having an issue where my ping stays above 100 most of the time and spikes easily to over 200. the game is basically unplayable now. My ping used to always be at around 40 on MM servers. I live in So Cal. I think we just switched over to the cheapest Time Warner plan but isn't 2 mp up good enough to play? It was only 3 up before. I check my ping on Speedtest and it says it's 20. This began after the last update. Whats going on?

Clydefrog

2. "PLEASE KICK ME"
The guy who joins a competitive match, and then he randomly decides he dont want to play anymore, but he don't want to quit because of the cool down ban system Valve uses. So what he does instead? Sabotaging the match. Not moving at all, not playing at all, or worse, standing in doors - tunnels, blocking his teammates from moving, and essentially ruining it for everybody. Oh, and while he does that, he constantly bags in the chat for somebody to kick him... which would be somehow fine, but Valve doesn’t allow a surrender until somebody voluntarily quits the game, suffering the consequences of the cooldown ban. You can't even surrender if a griefer like I've described above decides to kick somebody out, making his team filled with bots - I have been in at least 2 matches, dragged out to 40 minutes, stuck with bots and 1-2 human players, because we were not allowed to surrender, we had to trudge through the match, because we would have been the ones punished for quitting.

It’s a shame. Its utter madness. Its the kind of toxic behavior that I have encountered in MOBAs, but never, ever at this rate - and there, they at least didn't have the tools to kick me randomly. I have seen tons of posts - threads like mine on reddit, on the CS Go forums, and Valve does nothing as usual. I love their games to death, I love Steam, but they are failing 100% when it comes to communicating with their customers, responding to problems, and making solutions them. This is the kind of problem that does not correct itself (because of the failures in the system I have described above), like it usually does. They HAVE to do something. They have to do it fast, because its great that CS Go finally took off, but it will not grow this way. It will scare new players away, it will ruin the experience. And sorry, but saying that "play only with your friends - clanmatches" is not the solution. They are not always available, I don't want to schedule my gaming, I want to jump in and play, whenever I want, without fearing a random guy who will decide that he is having a bad day and ruins the game for everybody involved. Do something Valve. Don't let CS get ruined: I have just started loving it, but I am this close to hating it.

I'm almost this guy every time I play. I get fed up and want to leave (but I don't). A couple nights ago, we were playing de_train and we were down 8-12 rounds. I said "let's just surrender" because things were going horribly. Little did I know, we would come back to win 16-14 and I would be the top frag by a pretty big margin.

Clydefrog

So I'm having an issue where my ping stays above 100 most of the time and spikes easily to over 200. the game is basically unplayable now. My ping used to always be at around 40 on MM servers. I live in So Cal. I think we just switched over to the cheapest Time Warner plan but isn't 2 mp up good enough to play? It was only 3 up before. I check my ping on Speedtest and it says it's 20. This began after the last update. Whats going on?

Do NOT tell me that Time Warner is going to start shitting the bed for ping. I lived with wireless AT&T DSL/U-Verse for 2+ years which was absolute diarrhea for gaming. I just got Time Warner last week and am loving it.

I also live in SoCal. I have their 15 mbps internet. It's great.

Do NOT tell me that Time Warner is going to start shitting the bed for ping. I lived with wireless AT&T DSL/U-Verse for 2+ years which was absolute diarrhea for gaming. I just got Time Warner last week and am loving it.

I also live in SoCal. I have their 15 mbps internet. It's great.

Hopefully it's another issue cause it tends to happen when a new update releases but settles down after a day or two, this time it's been a week.

Motel is the third map. Kinda surprising.
motel_stats.jpg

KingKong

I wasnt expecting 8 maps to return, if this third operation is just maps from the first and second operations then I dont know... I'd still buy it (and make my money back and then some on the first crate drop) but I'd be really disappointing

I wasnt expecting 8 maps to return, if this third operation is just maps from the first and second operations then I dont know... I'd still buy it (and make my money back and then some on the first crate drop) but I'd be really disappointing

Yeah for sure. I want some new maps. Payback I don't think I put too many hours into but Bravo was fantastic. I want some new blood.

They're ramping up the map announcements. Hopefully that means Operation Charlie within the week, along with a few tweaks to the AUG and/or SG with the same patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom