• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessnut

It's a new visual that actually fits the weapon and makes it harder to shoot while moving. The CoD comparisons are completely off base.

Yeah you're right.

HCxrdaY.jpg

The previous zoom didn't make sense but I guess everyone was used to it so no one complained.

The lazy look of it is what compares it to CoD, I think. I've never fired a gun nor do I really care about real life accuracy of guns in games, but I do know that when you look through a scope, you put your eye up to it. You don't just shove it roughly in front of your face while your eyes magically zoom in. It's still fun to shoot that way, but when you think about it seems really silly. CSGO had already fixed (somewhat, you could still see part of the gun in the corner, but not as blatantly as CSS) the traditional magical zoom, now we get more strangeness. But it separates it from the sniper scopes.

And yes, bring back the MP5. Even if I only use smg's on the 2nd round and occasionally when I'm doing bad, I want to see what it would look like in CSGO.

Glasshole

Banned
The lazy look of it is what compares it to CoD, I think. I've never fired a gun nor do I really care about real life accuracy of guns in games, but I do know that when you look through a scope, you put your eye up to it. You don't just shove it roughly in front of your face while your eyes magically zoom in. It's still fun to shoot that way, but when you think about it seems really silly. CSGO had already fixed (somewhat, you could still see part of the gun in the corner, but not as blatantly as CSS) the traditional magical zoom, now we get more strangeness.

Sports marksman here. The display in CSGO is fairly accurate; you don't put your face/eyeball too close to the scope, the recoil would smack it right in your face. I made that mistake quite a few times.

You would be right with sniper scopes that provide rubberized buffer though.

It's not really like the accuracy of the true to life weapon is of ultimate importance but it falls in line more with the awp and scout scopes. It was just a weird zoom to begin with and I'm sure people will adjust to it.

Aside from that controversy and other bugs I think it was a another good update. I like the new gun but it won't replace my p250 that's my default pistol pretty much.

Sports marksman here. The display in CSGO is fairly accurate; you don't put your face/eyeball too close to the scope, the recoil would smack it right in your face. I made that mistake quite a few times.

You would be right with sniper scopes that provide rubberized buffer though.

Yeah, but areas around the scope wouldn't be zoomed. I've seen maybe one game where only the scope is zoomed, rather than the entire screen. And it actually looked pretty good, so it would be good if more games did it.

Does anyone currently prefer the M4A4 to the A1-S?

soultron

Banned
Many weird bugs with this update. I'm hearing my own shots twice (very slight delay between) for every trigger pull. CZ75 reload anim pulls a mag from nowhere on the front of the gun if you do more than 2 reloads with the 24 rounds they give you.

feel

Yeah, but areas around the scope wouldn't be zoomed. I've seen maybe one game where only the scope is zoomed, rather than the entire screen. And it actually looked pretty good, so it would be good if more games did it.

M4A4 is my favorite weapon in the game. The look, the sound, the feel, plus I need lots of ammo because I like to suppress to cover teammate's movement and whatnot.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else have a bug with the game where the frame rate will randomly plummet and you have to restart CSGO?

I used to have massive frame drops when starting the game, but solved that by unsubscribing from all my map workshop downloads.

zon

I would probably pick the m4a1-s over the m4a4 as well. It feels more accurate to me, I just had to learn to not fire my weapon if I didn't have to.

Does anyone else have a bug with the game where the frame rate will randomly plummet and you have to restart CSGO?
I've been getting them after this last patch, which is a shame because the AUG-breaking one actually improved performance for me by a lot.

I was playing on Overpass, shot at a guy back in the corner of the drainage ditch by B, and my framerate sunk down to the 20s and stayed there or lower for the next couple maps.

Oreoleo

Yeah it's happened a couple times where it plummets to teens or single digits and is constantly stuttering. Usually it only lasts a few seconds but on one occasion I had to restart. Only started happening a day or two ago.

Yeah, I think Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is one of the few games that handles scopes "correctly".

You are still zooming with your eyes (not the scope) in CSGO with this new "aim down the sight"-thingy.

jokkir

Can someone explain to me what counts as scripting? Let's say if I execute a file that turns on the flashlight or something when I shoot. Will I get banned for that?

Robot Pants

Dude this SUCKED. This caused me to rank down because it happened after the first round in a competitive match. I just honestly couldnt play and it gave me a headache to look at so I had to quit out. In fact I had to verify my game cache to get it working again.

It said that one file couldn't be verified and it redownloaded it. Very lame.

Sepp

Banned
Goddamn Valve, why the stupid scopes. I can't believe it. It adds nothing to the gameplay, only obscures your view.

And no, it doesn't make you less accurate while moving, because the crosshair in CS doesn't show where you're actually shooting at, and that's fine. Its a different philosophy than the ADS bullshit, so don't go there.

soultron

Banned
As someone who doesn't really use AUG/SG too much, I couldn't care less, really. As long as their recoil and firerate are balanced, I don't give a shit about the scope.

Oreoleo

What dictates the hostages' position?

I think it's just RNG isn't it?

Just had the most amazing game on Office. We started on CT and they were rushing every round and just generally out-shooting us all over the place. Personally I was having one of my worst games in a while with a kdr of something like 1:3. Heavily demoralized, we got to halftime with the score 10-5 in their favor. They won pistol round and the following round, bringing it to 12-5, when a team mate suggested we all buy sawed-offs. Now, I haven't used sawed-offs much (I usually only force-buy shotguns when I can't afford anything else which basically means using the Nova) so maybe this is more obvious to some of you than it was to me, but HOLY SHIT those things do some incredible damage at close/mid range. We mounted one of the most amazing comebacks I've ever seen in CS. Flooding CT routes with molotovs to delay pushes (god bless being able to buy a 2nd one after throwing your 1st) and mowing them down with the sawed-offs as they tried to move in to paper and T-spawn, we ended up winning 16-12. I wish Counter-Strike was always this exhilarating, god damn.

chessnut

Goddamn Valve, why the stupid scopes. I can't believe it. It adds nothing to the gameplay, only obscures your view.

And no, it doesn't make you less accurate while moving, because the crosshair in CS doesn't show where you're actually shooting at, and that's fine. Its a different philosophy than the ADS bullshit, so don't go there.

but those weapons have scopes and that's how it's supposed to look when you look through them...

So do you guys still have a GAF server? I see the OT post hasn't been updated in a while

Nah it doesn't. I had it for a number of months and we played a grand total of 0 games on it.

I just get the impression people feel a bit intimidated that we're at different skill levels. I thought we could have just run around like mentalists.

Oreoleo

^ I watched that earlier and thought it was really bad. Terrible music and basically zero attempt at doing any actual documenting other than "hey look at these sweet frags."

Doesn't even mention that, you know, they LOST.

Damn good Visual Settings Video

I turned the shader to low and wow does the game look better. The water looks a bit crummy but it's less distracting with no flickering reflections. The game over all looks better and cleaner and Aztec is actually playable for me again. Also upped the aa and texture thing to maxed and I can still run the game at the 120 fps I was getting before.

Also the new De_Season

Those two links are the same.

Clydefrog

Our very own Radix is working hard on correcting the CaliforniaCS servers. They might be moving to 18 player servers too.

we heart you, radix

Uriah

Highest rank was golf nova 4. Plummited down to silver elite after changing my sensitivity and now at gold elite 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom