• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

zon

I'm Master Guardian 2, 34 matches won. :)

Mostly playing on DM servers right now, it's the only place I get to use awp as much as I want.

Ilúvatar

I was Gold III initially. Then I didn't play for a while and got de-ranked to Gold I. I'm currently Gold II but am on my last two days of being able to play for awhile :(

Son1x

Master Guardian II here.

Played a lot with randoms and some noobish friends at start so I couldn't get out of Gold, but then I started playing exclusively with friends and 2 randoms at most and quickly got promoted. I think I have 32 wins.

im actually ignorant and asking a genuine question. please explain more detail and speak to me as if im a child.

if this is some clever trick or troll i give you the win. but im seriously ignorant/asking a question.

I was having a dig at valve and their priorities with this game.

There doesn't seem to be any news on that front at all. I would have thought they would have brought it in by now.

I don't know if the sprays were having an impact on server performances, I have no idea.

They've not said anything so it would be easy to suspect they're not going to bring it in anytime soon.

I'm whatever the Badge is. I oscillate between the Badge and the Eagle thing. When I play with my friends, I sometimes drop to the two AKs because they're really bad...

CoolS

I ranked Gold Noca 2 after my rnaking matches. Went up to II after the next win. Then lost a couple and went down to gold nova 1. Then I got kicked out of a match because I had a had day, plus I didn't check catwalk on nuke immediately on one occasion, which apparently is reason enough for some people to kick me. (They lost 16:1 though, which felt kinda nice)
That kick ranked me down to Silver Elite Master. Been there for 5 matches or so now. WOn I think 3 or four of those and I am actually getting a bit better again, topping the scoreboard on most matches for my team. We'll see if I ever rank up again ^^

CoolS

And Thunder is in, another one from Payback I haven't played. I expect Agency to be in as well, and in teh end it will probably be 4 defuse and 4 hostage maps.

And I just played overpass for the first time in competetive today and I quite liked it. Bombsite A is a bit hard to retake though imo.

I really miss operation bravo. I was able to play a lot of cache, overpass and Agency. Since they moved overpass over I think I have played it once in casual. Dust 2, Dust 2, Dust 2. I like the map but holy shit do people want to play nothing but that map.

saelz8

The they need to add our crosshairs back to SSG and AUG. Red/Green Dot is garbage. I'm hoping they do something about that tomorrow. I don't mind the scope, so much as the damn artificial visual nerf. Recoil should dictate control and ability, not visual impairment on Valves behalf.

Our very own Radix is working hard on correcting the CaliforniaCS servers. They might be moving to 18 player servers too.

we heart you, radix

You play on CaliCS too? Cool. I didn't know Radix was a GAFer.

How many of you guys play on CaliCS? 18 man would be awesome. Do it.

CoolS

I really miss operation bravo. I was able to play a lot of cache, overpass and Agency. Since they moved overpass over I think I have played it once in casual. Dust 2, Dust 2, Dust 2. I like the map but holy shit do people want to play nothing but that map.

Dust2 at this point is like the cancer of the casual servers. Yes, it is a great map but I don't need to play it every second round. It's so overplayed that my friends and I exclude it from competetive since we just can't stand playing on it anymore, which really is kind of sad in itself :(

Then again, it will be the same with Operation Charlie. People will vote for freaking cache all the time...

Sepp

Banned
but those weapons have scopes and that's how it's supposed to look when you look through them...

Don't care about how it is supposed to look. There's nothing realistic about CS or in general handling/shooting guns with mouse and keyboard in front of a monitor.

Maybe its the visor that shows your HUD that offers zoom? Use your imagination.

The obsession with pseudo-realism is quite strong nowadays, unfortunately.

Dust2 at this point is like the cancer of the casual servers. Yes, it is a great map but I don't need to play it every second round. It's so overplayed that my friends and I exclude it from competetive since we just can't stand playing on it anymore, which really is kind of sad in itself :(

Then again, it will be the same with Operation Charlie. People will vote for freaking cache all the time...

If Valve scooped up Cache as an official map, we wouldn't have that problem. Maybe then we can make way for maps like Season, Tuscan, etc.

Pringer

Neo Member
If Valve scooped up Cache as an official map, we wouldn't have that problem. Maybe then we can make way for maps like Season, Tuscan, etc.

valve would probably ruin it like they did to their version of mirage, you could probably get a game of it on altPUG easily if you wanted(I see 3 full games of it running as I post this actually)

Clydefrog

You play on CaliCS too? Cool. I didn't know Radix was a GAFer.

How many of you guys play on CaliCS? 18 man would be awesome. Do it.

Now that I think of it, I totally remember seeing you on the servers a few times. Radix and I are admins there. Radix is more of a senior admin though. I just do the slappings and kicking of AFKs/TKers.

And yeah I hope the servers get switched down to 18 players (even though it will make it even harder to join!) Right now, they’ve had to go a little lower than 128 tick to take care of the load on the servers. I think by going 18 players, they can be brought back to 128 tick.

chessnut

Don't care about how it is supposed to look. There's nothing realistic about CS or in general handling/shooting guns with mouse and keyboard in front of a monitor.

Maybe its the visor that shows your HUD that offers zoom? Use your imagination.

The obsession with pseudo-realism is quite strong nowadays, unfortunately.

Fair enough. Still don't care if it gets changed back or not, I almost never use the gun.

does this mean the new operation won't have any new maps?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
does this mean the new operation won't have any new maps?

Valve hasn't commented on this aspect of the new Operation yet; however, I personally believe that several maps from the workshop, maybe four, will be included in addition to the eight community choice winners.

That's purely my speculation, though.

Valve hasn't commented on this aspect of the new Operation yet; however, I personally believe that several maps from the workshop, maybe four, will be included in addition to the eight community choice winners.

That's purely my speculation, though.

Would be nice. If that makes 6 for each gametype give them two separate playlists as well.

Website

OPERATION PHOENIX
Started Operation Phoenix

Operation Phoenix Passes are available for purchase. They provide access to:
Eight maps, chosen by the community, available on official CS:GO matchmaking for all game modes.

An upgradable Operation Coin, that tracks all competitive matchmaking statistics for the duration of the event.

Exclusive access to the new Operation Phoenix Case, with 13 Community-Created Weapon Finishes.

MISC
Teammate Colors:
Added convar cl_color to allow players to set their preferred teammate color index.
Renamed teammate colors convar to cl_teammate_colors_show and added option to display Color Letters over teammate colors in competitive ("cl_teammate_colors_show 2").
Teammate preferred color can now be chosen when in a lobby and displays above player avatars.
Damage can no longer be done to teammates during a freeze period in any mode.
Fixed cs_baggage skybox texture.
Fixed cl_draw_only_deathnotices 1 and cl_teamid_overhead 0 not hiding the overhead player arrows.
Fixed player flair icons getting cropped on avatars in the lobby.
Aug and SG556
Scope dot no longer fades too quickly during online play.
Scope dot is slightly more visible against bright backgrounds.
Scope dot is now tinted using the player's crosshair color settings.

MAPS
Overpass
Smoothed out movement on truck in Bombsite A
Simplified cover in bombsite B
Removed some trees in upper park
Smoothed out ground in canal
Removed small walls near playground entrance
Tweaked cover in playground
Small fence at birthday area no longer block bullets/grenades
Simplified corridor to CT sniper position
Improved player visibility
Improved performance

Nuke
Made wallbanging through large metal doors consistent
Added back pretty lighting in bombsite B
Made it possible to throw grenades through skylights in warehouse
Fixed some graphical bugs

NETWORK
Added support for threaded socket processing on clients and servers.
Significantly reduced the size of client connect packet to be below MTU.
Optimized split packet processing sequence.
Client address is no longer transmitted in official game events or saved in official GOTV demos.
Client P2P NAT requests are now always rejected when connected to a game server.

I want that AK SO FUCKING BAD!

KingKong

It's really crazy that they didnt add any new maps though, but they did halve the price. I guess it will be fun to play Favela and Motel in comp mode

Got one. Opened it. POS Negev..,,
22f6ee877a3fb43ef5f5286ccd411c82.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom