• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah

This confirming match bug is ridiculous. I don't have this problem in Dota, but in CSGO it happens all the time, even with my ping limit set to 250.

Any point of buying the pass if I only play casual?
Maybe it's time to try competitive play for the first time.

You should probably try competitive it could be rough to start with but if you play enough you'll get matched appropriately and start to have an enjoyable experience.

KingKong

You'll basically pay for the price of the pass with one or two crate drops so there's no reason not to

Also fnatic destroyed dignitas, they're legit and hitting some awesome shots

chessnut

I think with the coin, you have a better chance at getting case drops...which are currently going for $5 which kinda pays for itself. You can play the operation maps in casual too, I think.

hitoshi

Okay, I have had enough of this. Name and shaming time: i have been kicked from my first competitive Phoenix match, 5 rounds before the end. Why? Because I got killed by the remaining 4 enemies (all my teammates were dead), and we have lost the round. I was the second on the ladder with 30+ points. Nearly all players Russians - which is an other great thing, Valve decided that my country is part of Russia, so for the past 7 days I was only paired with Russian players, who only speak Russian, who never use the teamchat, and who are always trying to kick everybody for fun. Russia is around 5000km from me.

Player name: Rej J Philips
Abuse: Votekicker
Url: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031853434

Okay, I have had enough of this. Name and shaming time: i have been kicked from my first competitive Phoenix match, 5 rounds before the end. Why? Because I got killed by the remaining 4 enemies (all my teammates were dead), and we have lost the round. I was the second on the ladder with 30+ points. Nearly all players Russians - which is an other great thing, Valve decided that my country is part of Russia, so for the past 7 days I was only paired with Russian players, who only speak Russian, who never use the teamchat, and who are always trying to kick everybody for fun. Russia is around 5000km from me.

Player name: Rej J Philips
Abuse: Votekicker
Url: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031853434

Sorry to hear :(

If you can, always, ALWAYS cue with at least 1 friend to prevent votekick abuse.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but there's no point in naming/shaming people publicly like this. Your best option is to play competitive with at least one friend in your lobbies from now on, to ensure you don't get votekicked, and that you have at least one other person with whom you can communicate.

That was the norm but the 2 guys I have been playing with every day got fed up with this and quit the game. Now i have to play alone :(

There's a NeoGAF CS:GO Steam group. Find out if anyone from there wants to join you for future games, or just ask in this thread.

CoolS

Downtown seems to be pretty T sided AS well. I found it impossible to enter as CT via the lobby because the enemy can be hiding in SO many spots. Only played one round so far though.

Sticker Workshop Is live

f you’re ready to make a new sticker, visit our creation guide to learn how to turn your original design into a submission. Or, if you’re not planning on making a sticker, head over to the workshop, check the ‘sticker’ option, and give the artists feedback on their unique designs!

Stickers provide a way for CS:GO fans to express a huge range of interests. So, while we’ll be looking at the most highly rated workshop stickers, successful stickers can represent anything from original abstract designs to your team or event logos.

The sticker workshop is live, so get creative and submit your new designs!

GAF logo incoming.

Couldn't resist opening my first Phoenix crate. Got the Mac-10 Heat. Damn it's beautiful. If it had been a stattrak it would have been my go to gun for anti-ecos as t. I still don't like how stattrak is just something that comes with the guns instead of something separate you can add to the weapons of your choice. Even more pissed off at the fact that you can't get stattrak on weapons by trading up.

Couldn't resist opening my first Phoenix crate. Got the Mac-10 Heat. Damn it's beautiful. If it had been a stattrak it would have been my go to gun for anti-ecos as t. I still don't like how stattrak is just something that comes with the guns instead of something separate you can add to the weapons of your choice. Even more pissed off at the fact that you can't get stattrak on weapons by trading up.

I'm still bitter that I got the one gun that I didn't use and think looks like shit. Haven't had another case drop yet.

Bauhaus

Banned
Thunder must be a really bad map since my game kept crashing every time I tried to join the server and got a 7 days cooldown, which is weird since my last cooldown was only 24hrs. and I should have gotten a 5 days.

Thunder must be a really bad map since my game kept crashing every time I tried to join the server and got a 7 days cooldown, which is weird since my last cooldown was only 24hrs. and I should have gotten a 5 days.
They fixed it today. There was some doible scoping thing that made the game crash.

Aerocrane

I played my first few competitive matches today. It was really fun. In the last two matches we came back from being down 8-2, and we just barely lost the match on Dust II.

isTp2HSfvvN1H.png

Robot Pants

So the last competitive game I played last night was Thunder and we won. I've been gold nova 4 for a day or so, and I was after that game (obviously since we won).
Started up competitive today, my first game since Thunder, started searching as gold nova 4, entered the game as gold nova 3.......

Cool. Thanks.

Ilúvatar

Welp, I've already paid for my Phoenix pass by selling a case and my Minimal Wear Guardian skin (got one that was Factory New today :D)

KingKong

So how many Stat Traks do you guys have?

I just went through and bought a bunch of cheap (less than 30 cent) ones with my trading card money but I dont know, if its a popular weapon they cost so much and it seems pointless to me when a new awesome skin could come out at any time and its not like you can transfer your counter over

Ilúvatar

Orange DDPAT Sawed-Off and Wave Spray SG 553 are the only two StatTraks that I have right now. I used to have a Memento Mag-7 but I sold that.

lol, good catch.

Demolition mode is only available for demolition maps. That's always been the case.

I'd love it if they'd add a few more demolition maps to the game.

Yeah I know, I just took a quick glance at the maps and figured they would throw at least one in the pack. I was mistaken.

Demo is great fun. Especially since the skill bar is pretty low most of the time. I use it to warm up or if there is 15 or so minutes to dick around.

feel

The dang Phoenix case continues to elude me, I've played like 7 hours already and nothing. I hope it doesn't drop below $3 before I get it, I like having my passes pay for themselves with a single case and then use the next ones to buy keys. :(

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I know, I just took a quick glance at the maps and figured they would throw at least one in the pack. I was mistaken.

Trivia: There are three unreleased demolition maps (Depot, Embassy, and Alleyway) that Valve/HPE have been working on since 2011/12. I hope we seem them get released later this year.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looking at the sticker tutorial I really want to make stickers...

...BUT: This sticker tutorial is doing my head in, it seems really complicated.

KingKong

woo, got my case and made a dollar on top of the pass price :D (but Ill spend that dollar on GO and Dota items so Valve wins again)

Favela is actually pretty fun in comp mode, except that CTs really really blend in with the bricks and A has too many places to hide

Am I alone in liking only Cache from Op. Phoenix? All the other maps are either horrible or hostage maps, which is a mode I dislike.

Motel and Thunder are awful. Good for anything except competitive.

Am I alone in liking only Cache from Op. Phoenix? All the other maps are either horrible or hostage maps, which is a mode I dislike.

Motel and Thunder are awful. Good for anything except competitive.
I like the de_ maps and agency. But Cache is by far the best map. None of the others come close. I expect Cache and Agency will be made official maps after Phoenix ends. Ali, Favela, and Seaside all have potential, but need more work. Agency, is a beautiful and fun map. It's eligibility as a competitive map is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, I would never play a hostage map in competitive anyway, except for maybe in the future if I'll go for the map achievements. Thunder has a certain charm, but it's a bad map. Downtown and Motel have no redeeming qualities. Valve should have given us more defuse maps instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom