• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Did someone get a weird ass patch for counter-strike that made everything go...backwards? Lol it's as if I'm playing the 360 version of the damn game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Apparently the update is pushing out a beta/incomplete compile version of the game from August 2012.

From reddit:

Z4ZOSOo.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so that's incredibly bizarre. Couple this with Steam being down/barely working today, and I have to wonder what's up at Valve right now.

KingKong

I really like this group stage double elimination format. It makes these games exciting and its basically like another bracket before the playoffs

I really like this group stage double elimination format. It makes these games exciting and its basically like another bracket before the playoffs

I hate them. Instead of actual group stages we're just getting different brackets, and I actually like the group stages. One might argue that this makes certain that teams play at their best at all times since every match counts, but I'd rather they tackle this issue by rewarding some money for every match win. Also not a fan of bo1s.

Had som great games today either way. Looking forward to tomorrows games though I'll miss a lot of them due to work forcing me to sleep during the day.

KingKong

I hate them. Instead of actual group stages we're just getting different brackets, and I actually like the group stages. One might argue that this makes certain that teams play at their best at all times since every match counts, but I'd rather they tackle this issue by rewarding some money for every match win. Also not a fan of bo1s.

Had som great games today either way. Looking forward to tomorrows games though I'll miss a lot of them due to work forcing me to sleep during the day.

Well more than bo1 in groups would take forever either way, but this format is almost like playing everyone in you group, just quicker and with more pressure. 2 teams end up with 2 wins and 2 teams end up with 2 losses so theres no reason to play out the third match

Would be nice if these team matchmaking additions make it to the game soon.
The colours of that screen reminds me, the CS:GO team has been impressively receptive to feedback, but it makes me wonder why they seem to put their foot down on not making mat_postprocess_enable 0 a non-cheat cvar. I get the idea of wanting everyone on equal footing, and I appreciate the general lack of nutsy config tweaking GO has to a lot of other games, but the game looks so much worse for it in my opinion and people just use their GPU control panels to crank up colour saturation to subvert it anyway.

I just want the colours and clarity GO team, is that so much to ask. :(

The colours of that screen reminds me, the CS:GO team has been impressively receptive to feedback, but it makes me wonder why they seem to put their foot down on not making mat_postprocess_enable 0 a non-cheat cvar. I get the idea of wanting everyone on equal footing, and I appreciate the general lack of nutsy config tweaking GO has to a lot of other games, but the game looks so much worse for it in my opinion and people just use their GPU control panels to crank up colour saturation to subvert it anyway.

I just want the colours and clarity GO team, is that so much to ask. :(

yeah forced me to play on low shaders. It really cleans up the game but i do miss the nifty player models and guns.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So anyone manage to get any drops yet?

That would be a no, sir.

Regarding that coL game on nuke:

I figured they'd win, but their performance on the second half was not nearly as good as I thought it'd be.

cHinzo

so if it's on dust2, a T always tries to pick down Mid? I HATE those guys!

Just throw a smoke at double doors before crossing to B. Nothing is worse than going for a full buy and to die 3 sec after buying lol.

Won an AWP Redline and a Deagle Golden Koi on csgolounge from the first day of Katowice. Today was a good day.

Ilúvatar

So... pretty unhappy that Steam and CSGO Lounge shit the bed today... would have won pretty big if my bet on coL vs Mystic went through

valeo

On d2, make sure you go to the back (as far away from the door as you can) when crossing too (in addition to the smoke)

I'm watching some old 1.6 demos/movies; damn I miss how open it was and especially how easy it was to see everyone. I find it impossible on some maps now - especially inferno around the 'graveyard' area - to see anyone. Half my deaths come from people blending into the environment. It's ridiculous.

ReRixo

Banned
was watching that tournament earlier, CSGO is actually really entertaining to watch. I watch a lot of DOTA competitive play and though fps games would be boring in comparison but it's a surprisingly good watch.

I want to start playing CS again, but haven't played any fps games since I used to play 1.6/source back in the day. I want to jump in but I will suck so bad..

Aerocrane

was watching that tournament earlier, CSGO is actually really entertaining to watch. I watch a lot of DOTA competitive play and though fps games would be boring in comparison but it's a surprisingly good watch.

I want to start playing CS again, but haven't played any fps games since I used to play 1.6/source back in the day. I want to jump in but I will suck so bad..

Deathmatch and Gun Game are now official game modes, you could play those to practice. There is also a "Classic Casual" mode which is the traditional round-based gameplay of CS, but with bigger teams than competitive matches, no friendly fire, best-of 15 rounds and every player gets armor automatically. Those can be accessed through matchmaking, but there is also a server browser for finding community servers.

On d2, make sure you go to the back (as far away from the door as you can) when crossing too (in addition to the smoke)

It's best to mix it up as much as possible, so that you aren't predictable. Where you cross isn't hugely important. On terrorist side with an AWP, I was never able to do it on source but in GO you can pick people off that are jumping across doors quite easily with an AWP. You just have to aim at the very left hand side of the gap and get very antsy around the exact time they'll be crossing. I haven't played enough and I'm not an incredibly high rank but so far everyone else I play against are just door tagging.

Omega

Banned
lol @ people being upset that a female is casting. Not speaking about GAF, but I had twitch open and the stream chat was just sad.

Are guys really this insecure about this hobby? She did a better job casting then most people who seem to try and incorporate shitty puns.

I was kind of hoping coL would do well. Talented team, but have the disadvantage at being North American.

valeo

lol @ people being upset that a female is casting. Not speaking about GAF, but I had twitch open and the stream chat was just sad.

Are guys really this insecure about this hobby? She did a better job casting then most people who seem to try and incorporate shitty puns.

I was kind of hoping coL would do well. Talented team, but have the disadvantage at being North American.

Im quite new to actually paying attention to the pro scene - the last pro games I followed were Parallax (nz) at the World Cyber Games all those years ago.. - I think it was 2002? My first exposure to esports. Those were the days - before twitch and ustream. Crazy how its blown up now; little bit disappointed the cs community got so fractured and MOBAs took top spots.

Anyway - went on a tangent there..what I was meant to say was that the female caster was, I thought, one of the best and most professional I have seen casting thus far. Better than her male counterpart, too.

Its still a big bump that society in general has to get over, unfortunately, and twitch chat gives voice to large amounts of this anonymous vitriol.

Quite impressed with HellRaisers (probably my favourite at the moment) and Virtus.Pro from what ive seen.

KiKaL

Yeah I am not sure of her name but I have heard her cast quite a few matches. She has always done a great job and seems to know what she is talking about.

Yeah I am not sure of her name but I have heard her cast quite a few matches. She has always done a great job and seems to know what she is talking about.

I listened to her cast yesterday and she was definitely better than some of the previous casters I've seen do events.

cHinzo

Wow, VP literally dumpstered LDLC. It was impressive to watch. Would be a shock if they dont get to the finals when they play like this.

wat

When was it ever overpowered? I've heard people complain about the AWP/Pro90/AK for obvious reasons, but AUG?

U didn't hear about the AUGpocalypse? It was like 3 patches ago where they buffed the AUG as well as the SG (SG still had high vertical recoil while AUG kept the mushroom pattern with the Rate of Fire equal to something like the P90, it was dead accurate and it hardly had any recoil). It was a glorious time. :p

Went 3-12 on T side on Mirage, lost pistol (3-13) and won 13 rounds in a row with our 5 men AUGs.

KiKaL

Complexity totally has this right? hah Definitely going to root for them and hope that they can get at least one map.

edit - I really hope they take one just to see train get played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom