• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechazawa

Yeah, since the lobby system stills operates on "server" rules, aka not automatically putting people on the same team and forcing everyone to manually pick a side, it's kind of a shit show. The lobby system should find me and a friend a server that needs 2 people on one side or whatever and automatically put those 2 people on the same team.

Otherwise, it's not much of a lobby system.

Amish

Neo Member
There are more idiots out there than you can possibly imagine.

true.. quite funny actally

Yeah, since the lobby system stills operates on "server" rules, aka not automatically putting people on the same team and forcing everyone to manually pick a side, it's kind of a shit show. The lobby system should find me and a friend a server that needs 2 people on one side or whatever and automatically put those 2 people on the same team.

Otherwise, it's not much of a lobby system.

i would think that would be really cool. having the option to find a full team vs team match and not just how its now, where youre just put on a server with random people. need to try with a full team of friends, but not everyone is to exited about cs anymore.

Current Players Peak Today Game

74,207 94,745 Team Fortress 2
66,780 74,711 Dota 2
54,438 54,438 Football Manager 2012
52,271 52,596 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
48,854 50,247 Counter-Strike
36,303 40,026 Counter-Strike: Source
33,609 36,451 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
31,686 34,093 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer
26,808 27,760 Sid Meier's Civilization V
9,818 10,146 Left 4 Dead 2

really? i guess in total were more :p

Levito

Banned
Really glad the Achievements moved over. Put about 50 hours into the beta. I'm excited to get home and play a bit more tonight.

Also, I found this pretty funny. Why are people so dumb?

SQXpd.png

I really hope that's just trolling.

Just been on two maps in a row with missing textures.

Also horrible noises come out of my headphones sometimes. Really harsh sounds.

StuBurns

Banned
I haven't played Football Manager for a long time, but it used to be serious crack, the ultimate 'one more turn' experience.

Amish

Neo Member
tbh.. i know nothing about that game. thought i was the same thing as fifa. but i guess it can be good :p

Just been on two maps in a row with missing textures.

Also horrible noises come out of my headphones sometimes. Really harsh sounds.

I experienced that to.. will try to check game files/reinstall later. but the sound disappear after i changed my speaker settings to headphones.

For those who wanted to do their own Zombie Mod servers, there is some bad news. The people behind the GO version, plaguefest.com, won't be releasing their stuff into public and will be keeping Zombie Mod on their own servers.

Uriah

For those who wanted to do their own Zombie Mod servers, there is some bad news. The people behind the GO version, plaguefest.com, won't be releasing their stuff into public and will be keeping Zombie Mod on their own servers.

Fuck that. Just wait until a new zombie mod comes around.

Zia

I'm trying to add their server to my favorites, but whenever I try to browse community servers my mouse cursor disappears. Bah.

hyduK

Banned
It will probably be still really popular. Doesn't matter to me if it is the most popular version or not. I really like GO. More than Source and I just can't play 1.6 anymore because it will give me eye cancer.

You gotta keep a good old CRT standard for 1.6. 800x600 for life.

hyduK

Banned
I'm interested in getting this for the PC, but with CS: Source, I just keep getting owned.

Aiming will come eventually.

In the meantime work on learning the maps, where you can be hit from, heard from, seen from, etc. Just knowing where you should be aiming/throwing nades and such will make you better than a lot of players.

The fuck? Is this a common thing for mods? I assumed all mods were released publically because they're, well...mods.

will most likely pick it up later tonight when i get the chance. how is it on ps3? are you using m/kb? are there dedicated servers/server browser? is there a console?

It runs fine on PS3. I'm running Dualshock at the moment. Its alright with it but hard to hit my mark sometimes due to no aim assist. (which I like) Will try it with the move later. I would try it with a M/KB but there is no way I can get a comfortable setup so that is on hold for now. There is no server browser, its matchmaking. It works great so far though, pick mode, map, and you are usually in a full game. I'm going back in now.

Amish

Neo Member
The fuck? Is this a common thing for mods? I assumed all mods were released publically because they're, well...mods.
i guess not for official mods.. cs is technically a mod, but it was acquired by valve and sold on steam.

Is there any point in reporting racists and homophobes?
i mean you could.. but you wont get rid of them. even if the ones you report gets banned there will always be more.. your best bet is to play on one server, and one server only.. that way you could get familiar with the admins and get people like that off the server.

feel

Judging from the post on the l4d blog, it seems like their team provided the skins of their Commons for the zombies in CSGO. Why is this exclusive to a single cs community to use?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Good way to kill interest in a mod, not too bothered as I always thought the mod was garbage and with actual Zombie games out now it's irrelevant.

So what happened to the supposed PS+ exclusive 60 minute trial that was meant to be downloaded last night?

I can't find it at all on the Store or on my system.

W1SSY

So what happened to the supposed PS+ exclusive 60 minute trial that was meant to be downloaded last night?

I can't find it at all on the Store or on my system.

Go into setting -> system settings -> auto update and change it to your current time. Shut off the PS3 and it should restart and start downloading the demo.

Is there a demo/trial for the PS3 version?
The demo for PS3 is PS+ only.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
As someone who has never played Counter-Strike before-is this game "noob friendly"?

(veteran COD and BF player here)

I don't think CS is noob friendly at all. I remember when I started with CS 1.1 I was getting owned left and right for a good couple of weeks before I started getting decent.

Maybe the ELO matchmaking will help alleviate that though since you won't have to play against high skilled players.

CoolS

As someone who has never played Counter-Strike before-is this game "noob friendly"?

Prepare to get ur ass kicked for the first couple of hours while you learn how the weapons handle and you get to know the maps.

antitrop

If ever you felt like getting into CS, now would be the time.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people who are playing CS for the first time today. Historically, it's been a pretty hardcore game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Do you enjoy carrot on a stick progression system? It doesn't have that.
Do you enjoy feeling powerful when you are sucking? It doesn't have that.
If you're good, you're good. It's not terribly difficult.

smr00

Banned
Took me awhile to get M/KB going on the PS3 version.

The setup was actually instant, it's just the gaming mouse i used acted crazy in-game, it was way too floaty and far from 1:1 so i unplugged it and plugged in my Intelli 3.0 and it's almost 1:1. I mean it's obviously not going to be as smooth and accurate as a PC but i am impressed. I wish they would of gotten it capped at 60fps but i really dig it.

BTW the mouse that was too floaty and out of control was the Razer Deathadder and i don't know if it's because it's really high DPI or what but i literally sat there for 45 minutes going through all acceleration/sensitivity controls and the Razer mouse was just terrible on all settings. Also it seems like either not a ton of people are using M/KB or don't care for it because i played for about 2 hours and completely wrecked everyone but then again EVERYONE was spraying and praying. It was amusing.

TheExodu5

Banned

If by noob friendly, you're asking whether or not you can do well as a new play...I'd say likely no. You'll need to learn the maps, and how the basic weapons behave in order to perform adequately. You'll die a lot, and since the game plays in rounds, you'll have to wait for the next round before respawning again.

You could play Arms Race to practice with the weapons, but that won't teach you much else about the game.

feel

You won't get anything handed to you in a silver platter (except maybe your ass) but I'd say it's noob friendly, it has a tutorial and you can play offline with bots in multiple difficulties until you get the hang of it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Played a bit, seems alright, maybe a bit more like CS than CSS this time, although I haven't played either in years so I could be wrong. Really ugly though, at least Dust 2 is... I like playing without respawns, such a shame most games steer away from that.

Shame about the zombie mod. They've just shot themselves in the foot as it goes against everything mods are about. Hopefully it just spurs someone to create a better version.

This game really needs at least 3 match making presets, including region, game type, casual/competitive, and map which I can pick straight from the start screen. I'm sick of having to keep clicking everything again when a server is full, or I can't join for another reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom