• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

It was added to Bravo near the end for testing purposes.

It was added to Bravo near the end for testing purposes.
You're right, I forgot about that.

Yes, but it was always a map developed by Valve, so it's completely different from the othe Operation maps.

One way smokes? I didn't know this existed, but would explain a few of my matches.

Yeah, there were quite a few apparently: heres an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaiRliccnYE

Robot Pants

I'm okay with every gun but the AK. If I could at least get competent with it I would do so much better.

Go practice learning the spray pattern. But mostly just pull down more when you shoot, and know how many shots to burst based on your distance. Its a killer gun.

soultron

Banned
I'm okay with every gun but the AK. If I could at least get competent with it I would do so much better.

Practise in TDM by single shooting, aiming only for heads. Once you get better at landing the critical first shot as a HS, you'll rip people apart with the AK. Go hardcore and kill yourself if you fail landing a HS on the first shot.

After you get comfortable with single-shotting people, try to better learn the spray pattern and when/how much to pull down based on your distance to your target.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Free items:
-1 Guarded Steam background
-and a couple of TF2 crates, why not.

If you want any of this stuff, add me on Steam.

I've got a bunch of cs trading cards if anyone needs em to level up their badge. Hit me up if you'd like some.

Oh also the 'Guarded' blue ct's background and a couple 25% off coupons for Pixel Piracy.

I wanna play more, but I'm super bad.

What's some ways other than just playing random pubs to practice some?

Is there some training custom map I can mess around in?

Some rando in comp told me they made a new version of aim_ak-colt for GO, but I haven't tried it yet. I usually use headshot only Deathmatch servers. They can be chaotic and full of cheap kills but still good practice.

Lots of training maps in the workshop to practice with bots. For aiming they usually start with "aim_" (without the quotes). A lot of those maps are weapon specific, so they're pretty useful for that purpose. Of course you can also use community quick play to try to get matched with other players if you want, or by using the server browser. You can join community deathmatch servers as well, although the ones that have high player counts usually end up being a clusterfuck/AWP spam.

I think this training map is pretty great and very useful, so you might like messing around in it.

commissar

Anyone know if there's a max-fps/low-gfx config?

The only one I found was apparently full of useless cvars :/ I can play TF2 alright with Chris's max fps config but CS:GO on low gets me 30-40fps :[

Anyone know if there's a max-fps/low-gfx config?

The only one I found was apparently full of useless cvars :/ I can play TF2 alright with Chris's max fps config but CS:GO on low gets me 30-40fps :[
For better or worse graphic options outside of the menu are locked to being cheat cvars, with the intent that players should be on more of an even footing with that and less about meticulous command tweaking. So there isn't really an FPS config to speak of.

Saw on Reddit the other day that some people were having some luck squeezing out some frames by using -nod3d9ex in the launch options though, so give that a try and see if it helps out any.

Sajjaja

Best way to get better is to check out videos of pros. I'm a beginner as well but I was recommended to watch videos by adreN and they've helped.

Crosshair Placement

Spray Patterns for AK47 and M4A4

Also, keep your sensitivity low and check your corners.

When shooting with a rifle, pull down, as you'll see in the spread video linked above, and fire in short bursts (especially AK).

Other weapons are a lot more viable in CSGO so feel free to experiment with what you like most.

Also, it may seem smarter to join pubs through the server browser but not necessarily. Skill levels vary greatly and are usually against you. In my experience as a beginner, I've been learning more by doing competitive matchmaking because you're matched with players around your level. Feel free to hit me up and we'll MM together if you want.

DixieNormus

Neo Member
I love the matchmaking in Cs:GO! 90% of the time I get matched up with fellow English speakers. Most games are actually really close and loads of fun. (Unlike dota 2's)

Best way to get better is to check out videos of pros. I'm a beginner as well but I was recommended to watch videos by adreN and they've helped.

Crosshair Placement

Spray Patterns for AK47 and M4A4

Also, keep your sensitivity low and check your corners.

When shooting with a rifle, pull down, as you'll see in the spread video linked above, and fire in short bursts (especially AK).

Other weapons are a lot more viable in CSGO so feel free to experiment with what you like most.

Also, it may seem smarter to join pubs through the server browser but not necessarily. Skill levels vary greatly and are usually against you. In my experience as a beginner, I've been learning more by doing competitive matchmaking because you're matched with players around your level. Feel free to hit me up and we'll MM together if you want.

Lots of training maps in the workshop to practice with bots. For aiming they usually start with "aim_" (without the quotes). A lot of those maps are weapon specific, so they're pretty useful for that purpose. Of course you can also use community quick play to try to get matched with other players if you want, or by using the server browser. You can join community deathmatch servers as well, although the ones that have high player counts usually end up being a clusterfuck/AWP spam.

I think this training map is pretty great and very useful, so you might like messing around in it.

Thanks a bunch! I played a decent amount of 1.6 in another life, so I know a decent amount of the basics, but my aim and movements are just so crap. Just can't escape practice! I subscribed to that map, so I'll mess around with it a bunch.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I usually don't open cases but today I decided to open a phoenix case I got playing, got a flip knife. Feels good since I'm very unlucky.

I usually don't open cases but today I decided to open a phoenix case I got playing, got a flip knife. Feels good since I'm very unlucky.

On the contrary, I usually don't open cases but decided to give it a shot today. 6 Operation phoenix cases, 3 crappy bisons, 2 galils and a fantastic m249 skin. Total spent: £10, Skins worth: like £0.50 :(

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The best part is that I decided about a year ago not put money on steam since I have to pay a crazy tax in the country where I live so every dollar I have is because I sold a card or a booster pack or items I got from drops. So I tell myself if I don't get anything opening a case it's ok.

On the contrary, I usually don't open cases but decided to give it a shot today. 6 Operation phoenix cases, 3 crappy bisons, 2 galils and a fantastic m249 skin. Total spent: £10, Skins worth: like £0.50 :(

I only get PP-Bizons :p

Divius

I've yet to open my first case, but I don't think I'll do it. Afraid I might get addicted and spent too much money on it :p

jordisok

Opened a few crates to basically no success really apart from my stat galil <3) and the sweet usp stainless. All funded through selling old TF2 items :) might just use the money to try and pick up cheap stat weapons from now on.

Yeah I never bother buying keys. Though once I've sold enough items to cover the cost of a key I'll give it a go next time.

SCR

Neo Member
How odd, using the Find a Game option only seems to put me into empty servers lately, regardless of the mode.

Yeah this has been happening to me too. Usually a retry puts me into s decently populated server. Just now tho it put me into a game on my first attempt (usually only play mornings/early afternoon) so idk.

leakey

Haven't played CS in years, and never played that much to begin with. After a few casual games I jumped into competitive last night without knowing what I was getting into.

Started with CTs on Nuke. I was awful, and everyone with a mic on my team was letting me know it. After a few rounds of getting owned, but getting a few odd kills, my moment to shine came.

I was last CT standing against 3 Ts. Bomb plants in A. I head out of the vents and somehow kill the last three Ts camping in heaven with my mp7, teammates are going ham sandwiches on the mic at this point, then can't find the bomb right in front of my face until it's too late -_-; Proceeded to get kicked.

Was a lot of fun, though. Gonna definitely put more hours into this game. Just figured I'd share my shameful newb experience.

Clydefrog

Haven't played CS in years, and never played that much to begin with. After a few casual games I jumped into competitive last night without knowing what I was getting into.

Started with CTs on Nuke. I was awful, and everyone with a mic on my team was letting me know it. After a few rounds of getting owned, but getting a few odd kills, my moment to shine came.

I was last CT standing against 3 Ts. Bomb plants in A. I head out of the vents and somehow kill the last three Ts camping in heaven with my mp7, teammates are going ham sandwiches on the mic at this point, then can't find the bomb right in front of my face until it's too late -_-; Proceeded to get kicked.

Was a lot of fun, though. Gonna definitely put more hours into this game. Just figured I'd share my shameful newb experience.

hahahahah

sucks that they kicked you though. what a bunch of dicks.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update's out:

[CSGO]
- Added the Huntsman Case.
- Added the Bank Collection to the drop list.
- Added Community Sticker Capsule One.

[UI]
- The bomb inventory icon in the UI now shows an arrow when you pick it up in a addition to the sound and center screen message.
- Fixed some relative positioning of elements to the radar to work consistently with hud scaling and resolution.
- Players now have the option to adjust HUD elements. This includes:
-- Place the Player Count element at the top of the screen or bottom (cl_hud_playercount_pos).
-- Show all avatars in the Player Count element or just the player count number (cl_hud_playercount_showcount).
-- Size the Radar element (cl_hud_radar_scale).
-- Choose a color to display the main parts of the HUD (health, ammo, money, etc) (cl_hud_color).
-- Adjust the HUD background alpha for the colored elements. (cl_hud_background_alpha).
-- Select to show the bomb position under the radar or in the default inventory position (cl_hud_bomb_under_radar).
-- Display the health and ammo with or without bars/bullets (cl_hud_healthammo_style).
- Updated the look of the options menu.
- Removed the pop-up confirmation dialogue in the video options menu with tooltips.
- Added some tooltips to various options menu widgets.
- Dropdown panels now don't go away and reappear when you click on them.
- Drop panels will now hide if you click on the header when they are open.
- The health number in the health panel now supports displaying numbers greater than 100.
- Fixed the health bar not scaling properly with health greater than 100.
- When a player opens a sticker capsule on the game server it will now correctly print in chat the rarity and actual sticker found.

[ COMMUNITY SERVERS]
- UPS, M4A1-S, & CZ75a are now available in Community Arms Race and Demolition games. To use them, add them to your server's gamemodes config file.
- Increased default downloadable file size from servers to 150MB, added client launch option -maxdownloadfilesizemb N if clients needs to download even larger files from community servers.
- Added a convar weapon_reticle_knife_show, when enabled will show knife reticle on clients to be used for game modes requiring target id display when holding a knife.

[MISC]
- Starting the game with a different anti-virus or in different paged pool memory configuration will no longer reset all video settings.
- Fixed matchframework shutdown order during dedicated server shutdown process.

[MAPS]
- Seaside
-- Added bomb teleport trigger, to prevent bomb getting stuck in water

- Overpass
-- Removed one-way dropdown near entrance to bombsite B, making the site easier to defend
-- Reduced volume of environment sounds
-- Removed ramp at back of truck in Bombsite A
-- Updated radar
-- Added cover in T side of canal
-- Made upper park divider wider
-- Improved visibility in park

- Inferno
-- More accurate collision model on blue truck

You can see the latest officially accepted items here, including stickers.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
New Knife, the Huntsman:

8vyQo.jpg

From new blog post.

Ilúvatar

They finally fixed the "bomb's in the water" problem on Seaside, nice.

I considered that a feature ;)

But I did think it was weird that they didn't fix this when they introduced bomb_teleport in the last update.

In other news, I still haven't found my correct settings since they got wiped and have been playing -awfully-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom