• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I really dont get why Valve are dragging their feet on the tournament system, with how insane people are about cosmetics, they could easily have huge prize pools and grow the scene

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I really dont get why Valve are dragging their feet on the tournament system, with how insane people are about cosmetics, they could easily have huge prize pools and grow the scene

Isn't that the point of the eSports cases and keys? Or you mean something along the lines of the International?

Thezez

Banned
Ugh, so many scammers out today. Had 5 trying to get a knife of mine, one of which who used his friend as a fake middleman

Edit: Now 6. To hell with this, I'll just sell it on the marketplace.

CoolS

Can someone get the new hud bomb command to work? It worked once, but can't get it back since then :/

Edit: and of course now it works.

bs000

Ugh, so many scammers out today. Had 5 trying to get a knife of mine, one of which who used his friend as a fake middleman

Prepare your inbox for hundreds of friend requests as soon as your knife touches the marketplace.

Kinda pissed I didn't play last night :|

how much are the new crates going for now?

6.50 and falling fast. Like an hour ago it was 8.

I unloaded mine last night for 14 bucks. It was at 18 for a good half hour there at the beginning.

Play around with your privacy settings to prevent this.

Figures an update with a good payoff comes out while I'm without power and internet. ;^;

Doge sticker is pretty damn stupid. Memes officially incorporated into games; such modern, very of the times.

That new M4A1 looks hot, makes Nitro almost redundant. And that new USP is the first CT starting pistol skin I like.

CoolS

Figures an update with a good payoff comes out while I'm without power and internet. ;^;

Doge sticker is pretty damn stupid. Memes officially incorporated into games; such modern, very of the times.

That new M4A1 looks hot, makes Nitro almost redundant. And that new USP is the first CT starting pistol skin I like.

Best USP is still STainless imo.

So sexy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love this community and Valve.

bombdoge.jpg

Darkroronoa

So i managed to get to master silver elite and got a tie first match, then a loss and then got on a game with people yelling and trolling and killing themselves near the end and ofc we lost, and got demoted. After 2 losses...ok i guess.
Last time i got demoted from silver elite to silver 4 because i lost 2 matches in a row, i could say it was fair but in both matches we had leavers in our team..
Pfffff :(

cheezcake

So i managed to get to master silver elite and got a tie first match, then a loss and then got on a game with people yelling and trolling and killing themselves near the end and ofc we lost, and got demoted. After 2 losses...ok i guess.
Last time i got demoted from silver elite to silver 4 because i lost 2 matches in a row, i could say it was fair but in both matches we had leavers in our team..
Pfffff :(

The trench is real, the only way out of lower ranks without a stack you regularly play with is to consistently carry your team. My advice would be to play a lot of deathmatch/gungame to improve your aim because that'll probably benefit you more than game sense in silver/nova

KKRT00

I bought this game today and i'm shocked by how awful default options are.

Game started with highest available resolution on PC, with wrong refresh rate - ok, i fixed that by -window command on launch.
Then i went to options to find out that:
Default max ping for matchmaking is 150ms
Mouse Acceleration is On
And Crosshire options do not show crosshire art at all.

How is this even possible in a game that its almost two years old and had dozen of patches?

Sajjaja

I bought this game today and i'm shocked by how awful default options are.

Game started with highest available resolution on PC, with wrong refresh rate - ok, i fixed that by -window command on launch.
Then i went to options to find out that:
Default max ping for matchmaking is 150ms
Mouse Acceleration is On
And Crosshire options do not show crosshire art at all.

How is this even possible in a game that its almost two years old and had dozen of patches?

Because you can change them at will? Like wtf kind of complaint is this?

EDIT: Is it still worth buying the operation with only a month left?

I changed my HUD to white, the new customization options are nice.

But the shopping cart icon in buy zones and hostage indicators stay default in colour. Game is effectively unplayable like this.

Just played my first competitive on Aztec and wow fuck that map. We started as CTs and won 13 rounds before the switch, but I guess you have to win all 15 in the first half as CTs to even have a chance of finishing it, because that map is goddamned impossible as Terrorists.

Ilúvatar

Just played my first competitive on Aztec and wow fuck that map. We started as CTs and won 13 rounds before the switch, but I guess you have to win all 15 in the first half as CTs to even have a chance of finishing it, because that map is goddamned impossible as Terrorists.

Your first and most critical mistake was playing competitive on Aztec. Did you follow that up by playing Assault?

EDIT: I don't want to sound like a dick but... come on

Divius

Start comp match > disconnected due to missing .pak file. wat.

go go verify integrity

edit: oh god performing first time set-up.

Hope this doesn't count as an abandonment >.<

edit2: welp, on a cooldown because I failed to reconnect. What in the actual fuck.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I really want to open one of the new cases but I just don't get any drops gotdarnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom