• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this game today and i'm shocked by how awful default options are.

Game started with highest available resolution on PC, with wrong refresh rate - ok, i fixed that by -window command on launch.
Then i went to options to find out that:
Default max ping for matchmaking is 150ms
Mouse Acceleration is On
And Crosshire options do not show crosshire art at all.

How is this even possible in a game that its almost two years old and had dozen of patches?

The max ping thing... yeah. 150 ping or more is pretty unplayable.

Sajjaja

Start comp match > disconnected due to missing .pak file. wat.

go go verify integrity

edit: oh god performing first time set-up.

Hope this doesn't count as an abandonment >.<

edit2: welp, on a cooldown because I failed to reconnect. What in the actual fuck.

lol happened to me to. Pretty shitty.

Do Huntsman cases only drop if you have the operation?

Clydefrog

Start comp match > disconnected due to missing .pak file. wat.

go go verify integrity

edit: oh god performing first time set-up.

Hope this doesn't count as an abandonment >.<

edit2: welp, on a cooldown because I failed to reconnect. What in the actual fuck.

that's been happening to someone I know as well

seems really annoying

Divius

The only drop I had since the huntsman update is a crappy MAC-10 skin.

Someone in here told me "the more you want a drop, the less likely it is you'll get one" and that seems to ring true.

Deadbeat

Banned
Does anyone want to trade worthless skins for crafting? I want to get rid of this junk. Looking to trade lake, italy, mirage, train, and dust 2 skins for safehouse skins.

edit: Italy collection would be fine as well.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Does anyone want to trade worthless skins for crafting? I want to get rid of this junk. Looking to trade lake, italy, mirage, train, and dust 2 skins for safehouse skins.

I've just checked and I don't have any safehouse skins, but is it worth it? Crafting I mean, the only thing I can see as a good deal may be getting 10 FAMAS Sergeant and try to get the AK Redline.

soultron

Banned
I've just checked and I don't have any safehouse skins, but is it worth it? Crafting I mean, the only thing I can see as a good deal may be getting 10 FAMAS Sergeant and try to get the AK Redline.
Wut.

You can craft weapon skins in CSGO?

WUT.

Deadbeat

Banned
Well I can either sell skins and make 2 pennies on each sold skin, or I can craft them and pretend I accomplished something in my life.

soultron

Banned
Weapon contracts. Ten of the same rarity and collection will trade for one of higher rarity. No chance of it being statrak though.

Does it also mean that if you collect 10 of that weapon it will never drop from that crate again? That'd be a really sweet way to game the crate syst--nevermind.

Deadbeat

Banned
I just got a safehouse skin drop lol, add me and it's yours.
Will do tomorrow.

Likewise if anyone wants to trade skins for trade up contracts, I got mirage, dust, lakeside, and train. Looking for Italy and safehouse.

Now only if there was a way to dump all those sticker capsules I'd be set. I got a ton of them. I also found it interesting that some people sell their weapons at the bottom market price but they have a ton of stickers on them. Some dude dumped a bison with clan stickers so I bought and flipped that.

Anything I've gotten drop wise this week I've immediately sold off. Made $2.50 so far, the cash just keeps rolling in! However if I got a huntsman case off a drop in the near I'd probably buy a key and open it.

NaM

Anything I've gotten drop wise this week I've immediately sold off. Made $2.50 so far, the cash just keeps rolling in! However if I got a huntsman case off a drop in the near I'd probably buy a key and open it.

This is what I do, just sell stuff that gives you back something like at least .30c and try to get to 2.49, after that buy a key and open a case, no harm done. BTW this game pays for itself lol.

Ilúvatar

This is what I do, just sell stuff that gives you back something like at least .30c and try to get to 2.49, after that buy a key and open a case, no harm done. BTW this game pays for itself lol.

Well yeah if you unlock two knives >_>

Release Notes for 5/7/2014
7 MAY 2014 -

[MATCHMAKING]
- Fixed buytime ending as soon as all players join in QMM.
- Increased warmuptime when all players are connected from 30 sec to 60 sec
[UI]
- Fixed the default radar scale and money position settings overlapping with the spectator UI in the most common resolutions.
- Dropdown panels now support more than 20 options.
- Fixed inventory grenades icons drawing black.
- Fixed the bottom position player counter being a bit too low and cut off.
- Fixed hud alert flickering.
- Fixed Deathmatch Bonus Panel overlapping excessively with radar in extreme cases.
- Optimized some hud options code which improves performance.
- Money position relative to radar now considers safezone.
- Fixed HUD background alpha not saving if you set cl_hud_background_alpha to 0.
[SDK]
- Added concommand ‘rangefinder’ for map makers (provides 2d and 3d distance to target).
- In Demolition games, the last weapon can be any weapon and trigger the end of round logic if enabled.
[MISC]
- Added Effective range and rangefinder functionality to cl_weapon_debug_print_accuracy convar.
- Fixed bad hostage icon positioning in some cases.
- In DeathMatch it now says the right name for all guns.
- In Demolition games, the next weapon panels now work for all guns.
- Optimized backend performance when when accessing CS:GO inventory on Steam Community.

NaM

Release Notes for 5/7/2014
7 MAY 2014 -

[MATCHMAKING]
- Fixed buytime ending as soon as all players join in QMM.
- Increased warmuptime when all players are connected from 30 sec to 60 sec
[UI]
- Fixed the default radar scale and money position settings overlapping with the spectator UI in the most common resolutions.
- Dropdown panels now support more than 20 options.
- Fixed inventory grenades icons drawing black.
- Fixed the bottom position player counter being a bit too low and cut off.
- Fixed hud alert flickering.
- Fixed Deathmatch Bonus Panel overlapping excessively with radar in extreme cases.
- Optimized some hud options code which improves performance.
- Money position relative to radar now considers safezone.
- Fixed HUD background alpha not saving if you set cl_hud_background_alpha to 0.
[SDK]
- Added concommand ‘rangefinder’ for map makers (provides 2d and 3d distance to target).
- In Demolition games, the last weapon can be any weapon and trigger the end of round logic if enabled.
[MISC]
- Added Effective range and rangefinder functionality to cl_weapon_debug_print_accuracy convar.
- Fixed bad hostage icon positioning in some cases.
- In DeathMatch it now says the right name for all guns.
- In Demolition games, the next weapon panels now work for all guns.
- Optimized backend performance when when accessing CS:GO inventory on Steam Community.

That was driving me crazy.

Divius

Again disconnected due to missing .pak file from a comp game. God dammit. Time to reinstall csgo, this fucking sucks.

Clydefrog

Played with some really fun people last night in matchmaking 5v5. Lost the first game 14-16 and then... it actually happened: everyone agreed to a rematch! We won that one 16-14 :D

We were playing mirage and I was tasked with holding B site so I AWPed apartments on occasion. I got two amazing screens of this one guy who kept creeping up on apartments.

OTYfgF4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom