• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
Alright Im gonna open a Huntsman case for the hell of it. Get ready to laugh brb.

edit: dual berettas retribution. I dont like how the roulette table didnt even pretend to show me anything good. More salt into the wound.

Waiting in the lobby is so fucking annoying. Now I remember why I quit playing this game. How can you honestly let people sit here for this long without giving any option to play some kind of mini-game at least? Or let me play against bots until 10 people have been found? Are the people who make this game even gamers?

sunnz

Is it me or is this one of the most laggiest games around?

Like the rubberbanding/ stutter is ridiculous ( not fps stutter, my character and players around me tend to teleport 2 or 3 feet forward from time to time, makes shooting enemies who are moving almost impossible)

Really bad in deathmatch, competitive is happens from time to time ( a lot more since the huntsman patch was added) and basically fucks my rank up.
I mean even games like BFBC2 that is a hell of a lot larger in every way is a lot smoother...

My ping is typically around 30 to 40 in games.

My first huntsman, got the heaven m1014...
Heaven mag 7 6 times in a row wasn't enough hey valve :p

impact

Banned
Is it me or is this one of the most laggiest games around?

Like the rubberbanding/ stutter is ridiculous ( not fps stutter, my character and players around me tend to teleport 2 or 3 feet forward from time to time, makes shooting enemies who are moving almost impossible)

Really bad in deathmatch, competitive is happens from time to time ( a lot more since the huntsman patch was added) and basically fucks my rank up.
I mean even games like BFBC2 that is a hell of a lot larger in every way is a lot smoother...

My ping is typically around 30 to 40 in games.

My first huntsman, got the heaven m1014...
Heaven mag 7 6 times in a row wasn't enough hey valve :p

Try playing on servers other than official Valve. They have pretty much the worst servers around.

Deadbeat

Banned
Why do people buy a gun, put a sticker on it, then sell the gun for 10 cents more than the lowest price? Of course im going to pay a dime more to be the fairest lady at the ball.

cz75tebw3.png

Waiting in the lobby is so fucking annoying. Now I remember why I quit playing this game. How can you honestly let people sit here for this long without giving any option to play some kind of mini-game at least? Or let me play against bots until 10 people have been found? Are the people who make this game even gamers?
Alt+tab, do stuff, ready up when you hear the sound?

Ilúvatar

You seriously can't wait 2 minutes? At most?

soultron

Banned

You're also the type to sit on the edge of your seat at the dinner table, fork and knife clutched akimbo with white knuckles, pounding the table with the butts of your fists while screaming out, "MOMMY BRING SUPPER!! ME WANT SUPPER NOW!! NOW!!"

Right?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Shift+Tab, open web browser, read GAF. Or open a website with flash games. Or Alt+Tab and open up some music.

I know waiting sucks, but you do have options, one of them being if you really hate waiting, search for all the competitive maps (Dust II, Inferno, Nuke, Mirage, Cache, and Train) during waking hours.

Why do people buy a gun, put a sticker on it, then sell the gun for 10 cents more than the lowest price? Of course im going to pay a dime more to be the fairest lady at the ball.
Because stickers enhance the value of an item. If I had the option of getting a gun for $1.00, or $1.10 with a sticker I liked, I'd go for the latter.

Deadbeat

Banned
Because stickers enhance the value of an item. If I had the option of getting a gun for $1.00, or $1.10 with a sticker I liked, I'd go for the latter.
Which is what im doing. I dont think you got what I was saying.
You're also the type to sit on the edge of your seat at the dinner table, fork and knife clutched akimbo with white knuckles, pounding the table with the butts of your fists while screaming out, "MOMMY BRING SUPPER!! ME WANT SUPPER NOW!! NOW!!"

Right?
Well that came out of nowhere.

soultron

Banned
Well that came out of nowhere.

If anyone is upset about queueing in a competitive game, I feel like you're either super impatient or haven't played anything competitive on PC for a few years. It's pretty standard these days.

There's no mini-games. ALT+TAB as others have suggested.
There's no way to play with 9 bots + 1 live player since that'd go against the design of the ranking system and the purpose of the competitive mode.

Waiting too long? Add some popular maps to your filter and you should get matches in under 30 seconds.

Don't like to wait at all? Play Casual.

CoolS

I have to agree that waiting times are a non issue. Even when we que with 5 people at once, most of the times we'll get a match in under 1 minute, sometimes it takes 2. But since the game alerts you with a loud noise and you have plenty of time to switch back to it, alt tabbing is easy enough.

K.Sabot

So my favorite fucking server adds these stupid fucking Homer Simpson skins for donators that fuck up where you can see the hitboxes.

God damn that is the stupidest shit ever.

Alt+tab, do stuff, ready up when you hear the sound?
I don't hear any sound when I alt+tab, so I'm left with shit+tab, otherwise I'd miss the accept button. You guys do hear sound from the game when it's minimized? What settings should I look into for that?
Ilúvatar;111457552 said:
You seriously can't wait 2 minutes? At most?
Took almost 15 minutes yesterday. I don't mind that it takes a while since I only enjoy certain maps, but when it takes that long it'd be nice to not have to sit there waiting for the accept button. It's fucked up that you get a penalty for missing it too, like come on man I've been sitting here for so long and you screw me like this?

Right?
Cool story bro. Maybe one day you'll grow up and be able to make your own food too.
Shift+Tab, open web browser, read GAF. Or open a website with flash games. Or Alt+Tab and open up some music.
I only play games when I'm bored of GAF/everything else and I assumed flash games didn't work since I got incompatible messages on Youtube and some other sites. I'll check out flash games next time, but really all I want is to shoot some bots while waiting. Doesn't matter if warm up round lasts 15 minutes as long as I can shoot something.
I know waiting sucks, but you do have options, one of them being if you really hate waiting, search for all the competitive maps (Dust II, Inferno, Nuke, Mirage, Cache, and Train) during waking hours.
I'd rather wait and play maps I like unfortunately. If they just made it possible to play bots while waiting I would be completely fine with the wait times.
There's no way to play with 9 bots + 1 live player since that'd go against the design of the ranking system and the purpose of the competitive mode.
During warm up rounds I regularly see lots of bots, so I don't understand why it's not possible to have an extended warm up round.
I have to agree that waiting times are a non issue. Even when we que with 5 people at once, most of the times we'll get a match in under 1 minute, sometimes it takes 2. But since the game alerts you with a loud noise and you have plenty of time to switch back to it, alt tabbing is easy enough.
That's great for you guys, but I rarely have a match start in under 5.

CoolS

I don't hear any sound when I alt+tab, so I'm left with shit+tab, otherwise I'd miss the accept button. You guys do hear sound from the game when it's minimized? What settings should I look into for that?

Took almost 15 minutes yesterday. I don't mind that it takes a while since I only enjoy certain maps, but when it takes that long it'd be nice to not have to sit there waiting for the accept button. It's fucked up that you get a penalty for missing it too, like come on man I've been sitting here for so long and you screw me like this?

Cool story bro. Maybe one day you'll grow up and be able to make your own food too.

I only play games when I'm bored of GAF/everything else and I assumed flash games didn't work since I got incompatible messages on Youtube and some other sites. I'll check out flash games next time, but really all I want is to shoot some bots while waiting. Doesn't matter if warm up round lasts 15 minutes as long as I can shoot something.

I'd rather wait and play maps I like unfortunately. If they just made it possible to play bots while waiting I would be completely fine with the wait times.

During warm up rounds I regularly see lots of bots, so I don't understand why it's not possible to have an extended warm up round.

That's great for you guys, but I rarely have a match start in under 5.

So my main question then is: which maps do you play, where and where are you from? And it's weird that you don't get the sound, all my buddies have it by default. And what penalty do you get for missing it?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I know the feeling. I love the non-competitive maps, like Overpass, Assault, Italy, etc., and those can be a real bear to get a game in, especially if it's at a weird hour.

Worst case scenario, if searching's taken too long, I give up and play Inferno.

If you're in fullscreen mode, try borderless window. Makes alt+tabbing instant and lets you hear the ready up indicator. Only downside is game brightness is no longer adjustable.

soultron

Banned
Also, if possible, try playing with a full team. I'm sure that will get you matched quicker and possibly into less popular maps more frequently.

Whenever I play with a full team it takes less than 10s. But still, we often end up getting standard maps.

Not sure if I'm right, but I believe Comp has private match options as well. If you get a big enough group maybe that will work for you.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
My howling down sticker is waiting for me to get to 7 dollars and buy a awp graphite, and now the huntsman case is worth nothing, it's going to be a looooong wait.

jediyoshi

Ilúvatar;111515362 said:
Options > Game Settings > Play Sound when Game in Background

Then again, the Competitive Accept alert should still be heard whether this option is enabled or not. It only affects everything else.

Deadbeat

Banned
When you said

I thought you were being sarcastic.
I see. Well I'm all aboard glitter and glamour unless it's clan stickers. Clan stickers look uncool.

Regarding smgs, which do people prefer more: The bison or the ump? Because I like the bison spray ability but the ump can actually fight mid range.

impact

Banned
the M. Bizon is better but the UMP is cheaper and kills quicker

they're both atrocious against armor so they're anti-eco guns only. If you need something cheap on a buy round get a p250 or mag7/nova

Deadbeat

Banned
the M. Bizon is better but the UMP is cheaper and kills quicker

they're both atrocious against armor so they're anti-eco guns only. If you need something cheap on a buy round get a p250 or mag7/nova
Bizon is way worse than armor as it goes up to 3 headshots at range for a kill. The ump stays at two. Im not looking at proper builds, im looking at what to screw around with on office 24/7 maps.

Heres a damage table. Check the range tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOy-5I1VcBMdGZmYndxUjctc1VNUDZHTXJFUE9Dbmc#gid=0

Thezez

Banned
Man those Awp Asiimovs are rare as hens teeth, I've had two knives from Phoenix cases, haven't even seen an AWP in the ticker.

Deadbeat

Banned
Man those Awp Asiimovs are rare as hens teeth, I've had two knives from Phoenix cases, haven't even seen an AWP in the ticker.
Care to share how many crates you opened to get those knives? Genuinely curious on batting averages and profitability.

impact

Banned
Why the hell are people with VAC bans on record allowed to matchmake on official Valve servers? Makes literally no sense.

Clydefrog

Been running into a lot of wallhackers recently in 5v5 matchmaking. Some try to hide it and others simply don't.

Our team reported this one guy who was pretty blatant; I checked his steam profile the very next day and he got VAC Banned.

Our team reported a different guy who was trying to hide it. We had a friend viewing the match and he was absolutely certain of the wallhack. I checked his steam profile and his last VAC ban was 2944 days ago (WTF) but it didn't yet say if he was VAC banned recently.

Divius

I recently played with someone named 'clyde frog' so I asked 'GAF clydefrog?' and he told me to go fuck myself, so I assume that wasn't you.

soultron

Banned
I wonder how useful the actual reporting is? There have to be a lot of false positives. I've been in like 10 different competitive games where someone was having a meltdown over me hacking.

While this has nothing to do with CS:GO, I know with Dark Souls on PC people are convinced that 99% of players are hackers when I've encountered like three obvious hackers, ever.

I can't ever really spot hackers since I've not put in enough time yet to tell. Unless it's super obvious.

I only really ever report if someone's being a huge dummy and insulting people on chat or voice. I try to balance it out and commend people who are friendly or try and help new players out.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I think there's a lot of reporting done out of frustration without stopping to consider the possibility of being smurfed/outranked/outplayed. The block tool has been fantastic to remove toxic elements from gameplay for me and for others still the ability to feel like perhaps their match may be validated by helping catch a suspected cheater helps reduce some of the frustration of dealing with them.

A lot of the times you get accused of hacking just by checking corners or simply having put the time in to know how to fire your weapons. Being that you yourself can't spectate them til after a match (for obvious reasons) unless they make no effort to hide it, it's really difficult to tell for sure.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want a free sticker capsule series 2? Or some Toki Tori 2 10% off coupons?

Gone!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ilúvatar;111892720 said:
I wouldn't be opposed to taking that capsule off your hands

all gone. But I'm sure I'll get more of them dropping instead of Huntsman cases.

I think there's a lot of reporting done out of frustration without stopping to consider the possibility of being smurfed/outranked/outplayed. The block tool has been fantastic to remove toxic elements from gameplay for me and for others still the ability to feel like perhaps their match may be validated by helping catch a suspected cheater helps reduce some of the frustration of dealing with them.

A lot of the times you get accused of hacking just by checking corners or simply having put the time in to know how to fire your weapons. Being that you yourself can't spectate them til after a match (for obvious reasons) unless they make no effort to hide it, it's really difficult to tell for sure.

Yeah way to hard to tell with any certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom