• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I want a nice knife. I'll never get one since I don't open crates and refuse to spend $300.

I'm selling a knife, but I'm not sure if I should start making trade posts in this thread, or if that'd be more appropriate for a thread dedicated specifically to CS:GO trading (which we don't have atm).

I'm selling a knife, but I'm not sure if I should start making trade posts in this thread, or if that'd be more appropriate for a thread dedicated specifically to CS:GO trading (which we don't have atm).
I don't think there is anything wrong woth it. I doubt we will have 50 pages of trades and we don't have much traffic in here anyway.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I want you to get fair value for it, and I doubt I'd be willing to pay that value. How'd you obtain it? I have never once seen a knife drop after a game.

I want you to get fair value for it, and I doubt I'd be willing to pay that value. How'd you obtain it? I have never once seen a knife drop after a game.

Knifes only drop from cases as far as I'm aware. So either they gamble their money with cases, buy one from the marketplace, or do trades to get one. It would be pretty amazing if a knife actually dropped for someone after a match.

On an unrelated note, my aiming is absolutely horrendous, and I'm constantly impressed with how well people get headshots when I sometimes can't even hit the broad side of a barn. I imagine I'm gonna need to keep practicing quite a bit to get better at it.

jerry1594

Knifes only drop from cases as far as I'm aware. So either they gamble their money with cases, buy one from the marketplace, or do trades to get one. It would be pretty amazing if a knife actually dropped for someone after a match.

On an unrelated note, my aiming is absolutely horrendous, and I'm constantly impressed with how well people get headshots when I sometimes can't even hit the broad side of a barn. I imagine I'm gonna need to keep practicing quite a bit to get better at it.
Me too. I have hundreds of hours but I'm still shit. I'm playing on rock bottom hardware though. Also tinker with the cursor until you find something good.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think there is anything wrong woth it. I doubt we will have 50 pages of trades and we don't have much traffic in here anyway.
Good point.

I got it through a trade.

Adren has a great tutorial for controlling aim with the AK and M4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4

TL;DR study the spray of the weapon and compensate for it as much as possible. This literally becomes rote memory.

Nice update on CSGO Stats.
COMPETITIVE-ONLY STATS NOW AVAILABLE
Now you can view stats from Competitive Classic mode only. This is not limited to any Operation, these stats include every Competitive Classic match ever played.

It includes various kill and death stats, damage and score stats, accuracy, MVP stars, number of rounds won and time played in this mode.

I hope this feature will make the site actually useful for evaluating the real skills of CS:GO players.

CoolS

Actually surprised, my K/D im competetive sits at 1.31, 1.39 overall. Not that it matters much, but I could have sworn I would be worse.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
K:D is 1.02. I think I've actually gotten worse over the past few months.

Twitch TV lets people now sort by map and skill level. This is pretty cool.
IYgbkAh.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Valve just let a pooch out of the kennels:

[SERVERS]
- Added a convar mp_backup_restore_load_autopause to control whether the game remains paused after round backup file is loaded.
- Added a dedicated server convar host_rules_show to control whether the server is allowed to reply to connectionless rules requests.
- Improved server lobby slot allocation logic to reduce the chance of getting 'session is full' errors when connecting to a game server with available player slots.
- Fixed a slow memory leak in Linux dedicated servers.
- Fixed several rare game server crashes on Linux.

[MISC]
- Added a convar (cl_hideserverip) that when set to 1, will hide most cases of the server and client IP address appearing in the developer console.
- In official competitive matchmaking, servers will no longer show the message of the day.
- Fixed several errors that previously showed up in the console.
- Moved some messages that would previously show up in the console to dev 1 and above.

Sajjaja

Finally ranked!

C63BB2F39F224D7D8671E5B55DA2EBFBADBE28F3

Is that good for a beginner lol? I had some funny moments in these last 3 MM games, I'm going to try to highlight them on twitch.

EDIT: 3rd lowest rank, but hey, better than no rank!

Finally ranked!

Is that good for a beginner lol? I had some funny moments in these last 3 MM games, I'm going to try to highlight them on twitch.

Grats. Thats perfectly fine for a beginner, consistent playing will move you up naturally. No need to try to force it, it's really fun moving through ranks and playing with better and better players.

CoolS

Sometimes I just don't get how people on roughly the same skill level are so much better than me. I didn't have the best day yesterday, but me and my friends were baffled in the end that the other team also consisted only of gold novas.

impact

Banned
Sometimes I just don't get how people on roughly the same skill level are so much better than me. I didn't have the best day yesterday, but me and my friends were baffled in the end that the other team also consisted only of gold novas.

The game is random as hell

Tc91

Way too many cheaters recently. Just had some guy 30 hours played drops a 30 bomb. Ok mate.

Wherever we rushed he'd be there.

Edit: Yay another cheater claiming to be LEM playing on a friends account.

Xeinok

Neo Member
Finally ranked!

Great job on your 10 wins man. Try to focus on your fundamentals - get your mouse sensitivity down lower, learn the maps and how to make calls, learn how to peak, learn how to do short sprays with the AK/M4 and you'll be well on your way.

Sajjaja

Great job on your 10 wins man. Try to focus on your fundamentals - get your mouse sensitivity down lower, learn the maps and how to make calls, learn how to peak, learn how to do short sprays with the AK/M4 and you'll be well on your way.

Thanks. Yeah, GAF has given me all these pointers already and they've really helped a lot.

Though they're not particularly skillful, I had some proud moments yesterday that I'd like to share.

1 HP Matchmaking Ace on Nuke
Clutch Play on Nuke

Also, there was this one match that we had lost where this one dude was high as fuck and all he kept doing was laughing and asking if he sounded high. He left mid match to light another blunt and came back and scout rushed the enemy team over and over. While it was funny at first, it got annoying later lol.

CoolS

Most important of all: get a micro and talk with your team. I fuxking hate it when I try to talk to the others in my team and nobody says a thing untill like 10 rounds in.

Me too. I have hundreds of hours but I'm still shit. I'm playing on rock bottom hardware though. Also tinker with the cursor until you find something good.

Adren has a great tutorial for controlling aim with the AK and M4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4

TL;DR study the spray of the weapon and compensate for it as much as possible. This literally becomes rote memory.

Thanks guys, I'm probably gonna buy a new mouse sooner rather than later since the one I have seems to be slowly breaking apart. The guide is definitely helpful and I'll look more into those kinds of tutorials.

Coincidentally, apparently I am "Master Guardian II" in matchmaking, which I think is really overestimating my skill level. Got carried most of the matches I played :x

Oreoleo

Though they're not particularly skillful, I had some proud moments yesterday that I'd like to share.

Clutch Play on Nuke

Nice plays dude. Your positioning in that first vid was on point. One thing I noticed, that I see a lot of players do, is that you are keeping your cursor pointed towards the ground a little bit instead of aiming at head/neck level. It worked out to your benefit on that last kill in the 2nd vid where you got the pistol headshot, but most of your other kills were body shots. Generally speaking, it's better to always be aiming for the head and pull the mouse down to compensate for recoil. 1-2 shots to the face vs 3-5 to the body can be the difference between living and dying, so it's worth being aware of.

Sajjaja

Nice plays dude. Your positioning in that first vid was on point. One thing I noticed, that I see a lot of players do, is that you are keeping your cursor pointed towards the ground a little bit instead of aiming at head/neck level. It worked out to your benefit on that last kill in the 2nd vid where you got the pistol headshot, but most of your other kills were body shots. Generally speaking, it's better to always be aiming for the head and pull the mouse down to compensate for recoil. 1-2 shots to the face vs 3-5 to the body can be the difference between living and dying, so it's worth being aware of.

I guess it's just reactionary behaviour to shoot bang at the guy as fast as possible and so I place my crosshair somewhere on them as fast as possible. Gotta work on it for sure.

Oreoleo

I guess it's just reactionary behaviour to shoot bang at the guy as fast as possible and so I place my crosshair somewhere on them as fast as possible. Gotta work on it for sure.

It's definitely something you have to learn and get in the habit of doing. What I do is line up my crosshair with team mates heads at beginning of round or whenever one of them is nearby and try to move my cursor vertically as little as possible. Most maps don't have a lot of verticality (Nuke is obviously an exception here) so you don't have to worry about it much outside of that.

impact

Banned
Anyone know if it's possible to play borderless windowed at the glorious 1280x960 res? It makes me play 1080p when I select borderless and I'd rather not.

cheezcake

Thanks. Yeah, GAF has given me all these pointers already and they've really helped a lot.

Clutch Play on Nuke

Also, there was this one match that we had lost where this one dude was high as fuck and all he kept doing was laughing and asking if he sounded high. He left mid match to light another blunt and came back and scout rushed the enemy team over and over. While it was funny at first, it got annoying later lol.

Your positioning is pretty damn good for someone who just started competitive. One bit of advice I would give you is to switch to a static crosshair, much easier to aim accurately without the crosshair size balloning to half the screen.

You can switch by going to game settings and selecting "classic static" for your crosshair type. If you wanna mess around a little more and get a crosshair you really like you can go to this site:

http://csgocrosshair.dathost.net

Play around with the settings til you get something you like and then enter those config commands in console (you might have to enable console in settings as well)

CoolS

Clutch Play on Nuke

No offense, but it's so fun to see how people at lower skill levels play the game. One advice I haven't seen yet is to try to play more calmly and maybe turn down your sensitivity sown a bit. The way you moved and played looked really hectic at points.

Sajjaja

Your positioning is pretty damn good for someone who just started competitive. One bit of advice I would give you is to switch to a static crosshair, much easier to aim accurately without the crosshair size balloning to half the screen.

You can switch by going to game settings and selecting "classic static" for your crosshair type. If you wanna mess around a little more and get a crosshair you really like you can go to this site:

http://csgocrosshair.dathost.net

Play around with the settings til you get something you like and then enter those config commands in console (you might have to enable console in settings as well)

Curious, but how can you tell if someones positioning is good?

No offense, but it's so fun to see how people at lower skill levels play the game. One advice I haven't seen yet is to try to play more calmly and maybe turn down your sensitivity sown a bit. The way you moved and played looked really hectic at points.

My sensitivity is at 2.14.

As someone who has a smaller static crosshair, yours is freaking me out. How do you aim with that thing, so distracting.

It helps me know how accurate my shot is going to be depending on what I'm doing. Or I could be totally wrong lol. But I will definitely give static crosshairs a try.

CoolS

Curious, but how can you tell if someones positioning is good?

My sensitivity is at 2.14.

It helps me know how accurate my shot is going to be depending on what I'm doing. Or I could be totally wrong lol. But I will definitely give static crosshairs a try.

At which DPI? but it must have been your movement then.

Positioning you can tell from the angles somebody is using and which way he is approching corners and so on. You will be able to get a feel for it with time.

I think I finally have some settings that I'm happy with. Been playing nothing but Deathmatch lately and I think my aim has improved quite a bit too.

Feels good man.

Anyone know if it's possible to play borderless windowed at the glorious 1280x960 res? It makes me play 1080p when I select borderless and I'd rather not.
If you wanted to play at sub-native res you'll just have to go with regular windowed mode, or set your desktop res to 1280x960 then use borderless window from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom