• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Let's examine competitive matchmaking the same map twice in a row early in the morning.

Matchmaking Italy: 4 AM:
7C5F3CC2BC3332683FF9617FA9A0611F4FAB1FAF

Matchmaking Italy: 5 AM

:lol

Clydefrog

Matchmaking on dust2 last night. The opponents lost a player on Round 2 so it was 4 + a bot vs our team. We still lost 16-10.

We all hung our heads in shame... and then went on to lose two more games before calling it quits for the night. Deranked down to single AK.

CoolS

Matchmaking on dust2 last night. The opponents lost a player on Round 2 so it was 4 + a bot vs our team. We still lost 16-10.

We all hung our heads in shame... and then went on to lose two more games before calling it quits for the night. Deranked down to single AK.

Loosing rounds against a 4 man team+ bot, especially when you constantly kill the Bot first, really feels SO bad.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Loosing rounds against a 4 man team+ bot, especially when you constantly kill the Bot first, really feels SO bad.
During the same matchmaking session as those Italy games, we lost a game of comp Assault against a team with two bots (and we started on T side). In our defense, though, the other team was higher ranked than us and afaik ONLY plays Assault.

Though that didn't stop one of my teammates from getting killed by bots three times that game (real bots, not players named after bots, and not player-controlled bots).

New update

CSGO
The Trade Up Contract no longer restricts items to a single collection. In exchange for 10 items of identical quality, the Trade Up Contract provides one item of the next highest quality, from a collection of one of the items provided.

MAPS
Agency – Updated with bugfixes.

MISC
Fixed CZ75a reload animation: the player will now perform a traditional magazine reload if the forward magazine has already been used. If there’s enough spare ammo, the forward magazine is restored when the weapon is hostered and re-drawn.
Plugins can now precache new particle systems within pcf files by calling PrecacheGeneric() and passing the particle’s pcf file path.
r_drawscreenoverlay is now set to 1 by default and is modifiable by the server.

awww yes bout to use some trade contracts.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Second patch:
Fixed CZ75a reload animation: the player will now perform a traditional magazine reload if the forward magazine has already been used. If there’s enough spare ammo, the forward magazine is restored when the weapon is hostered and re-drawn.

valeo

I wonder how useful the actual reporting is? There have to be a lot of false positives. I've been in like 10 different competitive games where someone was having a meltdown over me hacking.

While this has nothing to do with CS:GO, I know with Dark Souls on PC people are convinced that 99% of players are hackers when I've encountered like three obvious hackers, ever.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that have been cheating for years without getting caught, simply because they know how to be subtle.

The blatant hackers you notice are the minority in the cheating community, it seems.

Ilúvatar

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that have been cheating for years without getting caught, simply because they know how to be subtle.

The blatant hackers you notice are the minority in the cheating community, it seems.

The article on hackers posted a couple pages back actually spoke to this - it is very possible to wallhack and not be blatant about it, and be nigh undetectable.

snack

Ilúvatar;112021840 said:
The article on hackers posted a couple pages back actually spoke to this - it is very possible to wallhack and not be blatant about it, and be nigh undetectable.
Good thing most are blatant and they get vac banned!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ilúvatar;112167571 said:
Played three shit games in a row today. The only upside was I got a ST AK Blue Laminate. Field-Tested, but still.

Just had a total stomp occur, we hadn't even a fighting chance. Just outplayed but it still felt bad.

Got rewarded with a huntsman case. Mmm mmm, if only every stomp could taste so good.

cHinzo

Get 8 frags and win 16-4, go in another game, get 31 frags, but lose 14-16. Ugh, I dunno what I prefer. Having a good time making kills or feed and getting carried. >_> Close in getting my Badge back though. My aim is getting better.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
While I agree that the vanilla knife skins all look pretty good, some of the skins are pretty darn snazzy.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Trivia: a FN Gut Knife | Night is worth at least 300 keys.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
My favourite is one of the least popular, default gut. Which suits me just fine, I was happy to get it relatively cheap!

I love the draw animation on the gut. It also seems to fit in thematically with hostage maps (using the hook to cut hostage wrist bindings).

I know it's one of the less popular knives, but I agree that it looks really cool.

I love the draw animation on the gut. It also seems to fit in thematically with hostage maps (using the hook to cut hostage wrist bindings).

I know it's one of the less popular knives, but I agree that it looks really cool.
Yeah, I like the implicit utility purpose of the hook, and the spin just has the right balance of looking cool to draw while not seeming like you're going to cut yourself in the process. I guess I also like how it's just a big basic looking knife.

Thezez

Banned
So maybe someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here, I've joined 2 casual games in a row, one with a mix of people and bots, one that was full of people. Both times after the first round, someone creates a vote to kick me. The vote never succeeds, but wtf man.

I'd like to think I try to contribute to the game, I've purposely stayed out of casual until I could get a handle on the weapons and map layouts, and both times I've taken down members of the opposite team, so I don't really know what is pissing people off.

TLDR: Casual is serious buiznez?

CoolS

So maybe someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here, I've joined 2 casual games in a row, one with a mix of people and bots, one that was full of people. Both times after the first round, someone creates a vote to kick me. The vote never succeeds, but wtf man.

I'd like to think I try to contribute to the game, I've purposely stayed out of casual until I could get a handle on the weapons and map layouts, and both times I've taken down members of the opposite team, so I don't really know what is pissing people off.

TLDR: Casual is serious buiznez?

Did you by any chance use a weapon that is not a standard one? I saw people trying to kick others because they used the Negev or something. Otherwise, people are just dicks.

I'd strongly advise you against playing too much Casual. Play Competetive, if you can with a few people you know. Much more fun, and people don't do random stuff all the time.

impact

Banned
So Valve put me and my buddy in a Europe mm server today

140-150 ping aside, those dudes are SO angry and hostile. Makes me appreciate playing with fellow Americans who are usually just trolling when they say mean stuff. Hopefully that never happens again. Why Valve, why? It's bad enough playing on 64tick :(

Radix

Neo Member
The quality of matchmaking is still hit or miss, but I am getting back into it.

Feel free to add me for MM or Altpug. I'm on the west coast and my rank is LEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom