• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with this guy's hat?
Ct_idf.png

I can't take this guy seriously.
What about these guys?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
My sensitivity is at 2.14.

That's way to high man at 1000 DPI. Converted to 400 DPI that's like 5.4 and that's just to high. Most pro's play with 2-2.5 at 400 DPI which would be around 1 at 1000 DPI.

I would suggest toning down your sensitivity to like 1.5, play some Deathmatch with it and step by step lower it down further until the point your most comfortable with.

At first you will think that there's no way you can play with such a low sensitivity but over time you'll get used to it and your aiming will improve dramatically trust me.

Here's a nice video on the subject and here you can convert your sensitivity from 1000 DPI to 400.

Also another tip, don't rush out with the nades in your hand like you did on Nuke there.

But other than that it looked very good for someone who just started the game.
Lower your sensitivity, play some Deathmatch, watch some Pro Games on Twitch, watch some tips and advices on Youtube, customize your config and you will only get better.

Oreoleo

One thing to add in regards to sensitivity, if you play properly with your team and make good callouts and clear areas appropriately there should rarely if ever be a situation where an enemy sneaks up behind you, so being able able to do a 180 with any kind of speed is fairly unnecessary. Being able to fine tune your aim to get the headshot is far more important, so lower sensitivity is always, always better.

red731

I started playing this again because I have a desk finally.

I am noob that played even like 14 years ago, but learning fast again, watching videos, etc.

I will check the OT right now, but I am in EU and if anyone is interested, we can play. Just holla in PM.

Got mic, adult by age.

That's way to high man at 1000 DPI. Converted to 400 DPI that's like 5.4 and that's just absurdly high. Most pro's play with 2-2.5 at 400 DPI which would be around 1 at 1000 DPI.

I would suggest toning down your sensitivity to like 1.5, play some Deathmatch with it and step by step lower it down further until the point your most comfortable with.

At first you will think that there's no way you can play with such a low sensitivity but over time you'll get used to it and your aiming will improve dramatically trust me.

Here's a nice video on the subject and here you can convert your sensitivity from 1000 DPI to 400.

Also another tip, don't rush out with the nades in your hand like you did on Nuke there.

But other than that it looked very good for someone who just started the game.
Lower your sensitivity, play some Deathmatch, watch some Pro Games on Twitch, watch some tips and advices on Youtube, customize your config and you will only get better.
Damnnnnnn, I have my mouse at 2000 dpi and a sensitivity of 4.23.

I had a G500 that I was super comfortable with, once it died I went through 4 mice until landing on the G700. Before that I was on a lower sensitivity but I became accustomed to the faster speeds and never looked back. Now I'm scared to play with it, but if I took your advice, 2.0 sensitivity at 400 dpi, I think I would never adapt in my lifetime.

I had a G500 that I was super comfortable with, once it died I went through 4 mice until landing on the G700. Before that I was on a lower sensitivity but I became accustomed to the faster speeds and never looked back. Now I'm scared to play with it, but if I took your advice, 2.0 sensitivity at 400 dpi, I think I would never adapt in my lifetime.

It does take some getting used to, but you'll be better off in the long run.

How much distance are you getting for a 360 with that? Seems like you'd miss headshots from jitter.

On mouse sensitivity: Play with what you are comfortable with but ultimately know that higher sensitivities are generally not as good when you start to get better. You should be checking corners cleverly and not need to turn sharply but you will need precision over long distances with a rifle. I wouldn't turn it down to a "recommended" level if you don't feel comfortable with it. Much better to slowly try and work yourself down rather than go cold turkey.

How much distance are you getting for a 360 with that? Seems like you'd miss headshots from jitter.

I'm not sure, I think I 180 in 2 inches. I'm going to practice a few games on a lower setting and see what happens. I'm definitely not "good" although I finish in the top 3 pretty much everytime on Silver Elite-SE Master.

Edit: that was dreadful. Takes me 3.5 mouse slides to do a 360, is that normal? I had it on 400 dpi and 3.0 sens.

CoolS

I'm not sure, I think I 180 in 2 inches. I'm going to practice a few games on a lower setting and see what happens. I'm definitely not "good" although I finish in the top 3 pretty much everytime on Silver Elite-SE Master.

Edit: that was dreadful. Takes me 3.5 mouse slides to do a 360, is that normal? I had it on 400 dpi and 3.0 sens.
Depending on how big your mousepad is, one slide across the whole pad should give you something like a 360 at max. Remember you never really have to turn more than 180. If an enemy is behind you it should be to late anyway. You should be able to check your corners easily enough though.

Do you use rawinput?

Depending on how big your mousepad is, one slide across the whole pad should give you something like a 360 at max. Remember you never really have to turn more than 180. If an enemy is behind you it should be to late anyway. You should be able to check your corners easily enough though.

Do you use rawinput?

I do have rawinput checked although I'm not sure what it does.

Slowly easing my way into the new sens. I basically change it on the fly depending on my location on the map. One full mouse slide definitely doesn't give me a 360 degree turn though. I think first thing I have to do is buy a new mouse pad, one that is firm and not flimsy like this Diablo III one.

I need a hard plastic or glass based pad.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I do have rawinput checked although I'm not sure what it does.

Slowly easing my way into the new sens. I basically change it on the fly depending on my location on the map. One full mouse slide definitely doesn't give me a 360 degree turn though. I think first thing I have to do is buy a new mouse pad, one that is firm and not flimsy like this Diablo III one.

I need a hard plastic or glass based pad.

I can recommend the Steelseries qck+. It's cloth but it's pretty much perfect for Cs Go I think. The surface is super smooth and the mouse glides extremely well over it.

I just bought it couple days ago after years of playing on my wooden desk and it's a difference like day and night.

imtehman

Banned
so yeah, i think my powerlevel is teetering around badge(distinguished master guardian i think). Any advice besides hacks that will get me to higher level?

Clydefrog

so yeah, i think my powerlevel is teetering around badge(distinguished master guardian i think). Any advice besides hacks that will get me to higher level?

play with people above your skill level. i think you can only rank up if you beat people better than you.

play with radix!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update:

28 May 2014 -

[GAMEPLAY]
- Cobblestone
– Blocked long sightline from back of Bombsite B
– No longer possible to plant on top of hut at bombsite A
– Made statue base at bombsite B taller, so players can’t peek over
– Made hut on bombsite B catwalk wider
– Moved all T spawns to upper level
– Decreased fog
– Removed small tree near platform in mid
– Pushed down some vegetation that players could hide in
– Disabled collision on small rocks
– Blocked visibility through cart in mid
– Revised cover in Bombsite B courtyard

- Overpass
– Redesigned the connector between canal and park
– Made tunnels under Bombsite A easier to navigate
– Added lights to hut near Bombsite A

[MISC]
- Matches in which a whole team gets disconnected will no longer terminate and the disconnected players will get the opportunity to reconnect and finish the match.
- Added a new context menu option ‘Use With Trade Up Contract,’ which will be visible when you own ten or more items of the same quality.
- Weapons can no longer be deleted from the inventory.
- Added a game setting for twitch.tv streamers to allow backend integration with new twitch.tv directory.
- Added backend integration with Steam Community for better inventory filtering and Steam Community Market search.
- Added support for per-channel ratelimits in engine threaded network layer, ratelimits are controlled with a group of net_threaded_socket convars.
- Fixed pistol round achievements to award player progress in the pistol round of the second half in competitive matches.
- Fixed several rare crashes on clients and servers.
- Fixed a problem in tournament round backups when players had invalid characters in their persona names.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Had these guys just accepted hacking as a necessary evil in CS:GO? It was genuine surprise to learn that one of them were cheating, and it’s annoying that there’s no way I can report them after the fact, but should I care?
Yes you can. Use the "Report Violation" function on their Steam profile and select "Suspected Cheater" and in the text box explain why.

Kinda sucks when a map as popular as Cache is in the operations, it ends up with 95% of the games you find being on it. And if you unselect it then it takes forever to find games on the others :(

I imagine the next operation will be similar but with Crown.

Kinda sucks when a map as popular as Cache is in the operations, it ends up with 95% of the games you find being on it. And if you unselect it then it takes forever to find games on the others :(

I would love for them to just make Cache an official map. I can dream I guess. And it will probably be a permanent Operation map from now on.

CoolS

Actually, if season and tuscan make it I suspect the next operation might actually be the best on regarding the maps that will actually be played in competetive.

Been really getting into this game again the past few weeks and I am wanting to dive into some competitive mode. Is there a popular website for finding clans etc looking for members to trial and what not?

I am in Australia so can't be a US only website.

I hate that I actually enjoy having weapon skins to play around with. The skins for my favourite weapon are stupid expensive(AK-47).

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
In case anyone hasn't seen them yet, Max Reiger has been doing detailed patch content analyses in the vein of Cyborgmatt's work on Dota 2. I would highly recommend checking these out:

May 14 analysis

May 21 analysis

May 28 analysis

AND! Just a reminder, Operation Phoenix is ending June 4th (unless Valve extends it). You have four days to get your gold badge if you haven't done so already.

jerry1594

Actually, if season and tuscan make it I suspect the next operation might actually be the best on regarding the maps that will actually be played in competetive.
That'd be awesome. I'd also like to see the community made de_marquis somehow make it in. Although I don't think there's a tuscan update from the original creator. Somebody else made an update and called it toscan.
Been really getting into this game again the past few weeks and I am wanting to dive into some competitive mode. Is there a popular website for finding clans etc looking for members to trial and what not?

I am in Australia so can't be a US only website.

I hate that I actually enjoy having weapon skins to play around with. The skins for my favourite weapon are stupid expensive(AK-47).
Try the csgo subreddit. I seems pretty active.
Ah jeez I really slacked off on this. Agonizing deadline crunch time!
Fuck. I've hardly bothered with phoenix :/

Almost to 15 MM wins on my phoenix coin, wish there wasn't the 30 hours requirement though. It's takes too long to find games so I'll just have to spend it in casual.

CoolS

whats your name? I play with jhs a lot since he's an old friend from high school even though he's not too good :x

because this game ranks up only on w/l rather than individual performance for some stupid reason. I dropped 30 and de-ranked from eagle
Na its definitely not only w/l. Though i would love to to know how it really works

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
because this game ranks up only on w/l rather than individual performance for some stupid reason. I dropped 30 and de-ranked from eagle

Oh c'mon, a team play game not ranking on individual performance? what a blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom